Question for the Huskie fans... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Question for the Huskie fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Umass football owned Uconn

The year UMass won the I-AA National Championship, UConn beat them.

TWICE.

Reaction Score
I would support UMass joining the Big East if..... they could solve their stadium issue and I'm not talking about playing home games over a hundred miles from their campus. They actually have the space right there to build a real nice on campus stadium. I would support them because I am old enough to remember what it was like when UConn first joined the Big East..... in basketball. We got our handed to us but we improved, brought in the right people and made a name for ourselves. Same in football. The football team is only going to get better and more competitive. If UMass was given the opportunity to join a big time conference I bet they would attract support from their state. I'd like to see both UMass and Temple in the Big East. In time both would prosper and be awesome rivalry games for UConn.

The Chestnut Hill Chicken Shiets are shaking in their boots at the thought we might be in the same conference again so they'll do anything to keep from getting the beating they got coming. I say bring in UMass and make them the best football team in their state. Making UMass more attractive in football than BC would be sweet revenge.

Reaction Score
I would support UMass joining the Big East if..... they could solve their stadium issue and I'm not talking about playing home games over a hundred miles from their campus. They actually have the space right there to build a real nice on campus stadium. I would support them because I am old enough to remember what it was like when UConn first joined the Big East..... in basketball. We got our handed to us but we improved, brought in the right people and made a name for ourselves. Same in football. The football team is only going to get better and more competitive. If UMass was given the opportunity to join a big time conference I bet they would attract support from their state. I'd like to see both UMass and Temple in the Big East. In time both would prosper and be awesome rivalry games for UConn.

The Chestnut Hill Chicken Shiets are shaking in their boots at the thought we might be in the same conference again so they'll do anything to keep from getting the beating they got coming. I say bring in UMass and make them the best football team in their state. Making UMass more attractive in football than BC would be sweet revenge.
That was what I would like to see. I hate BC for what they did in 2003-2004. I can understand VT and Miami leaving for the ACC because it made sense. BC doesn't fit in the ACC, it makes far more sense for them to be in the Big East. That has always been my thought.

I'm glad UConn doesn't play them, I wish PC would do the same. Any extra money they made has been eaten up in all the travel thier teams endure.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You might be overestimating the ball size of many UCONN fans who don't want to share their recruiting base with UMASS. Many UCONN fans treat UMASS the way BC treats UCONN and for the same reason, fear.

Fear, my ass. There was no rivalry between UConn and UMass in the 90's. UMass cancelled the series because they were sick of losing to UConn all the time.

Reaction Score
That was what I would like to see. I hate BC for what they did in 2003-2004. I can understand VT and Miami leaving for the ACC because it made sense. BC doesn't fit in the ACC, it makes far more sense for them to be in the Big East. That has always been my thought.

I'm glad UConn doesn't play them, I wish PC would do the same. Any extra money they made has been eaten up in all the travel thier teams endure.

That travel cost arguement is proving false.

Reaction Score
I still say until UConn is putting up 10... 11.... 12 win seasons we are going to be the kid picked last or not at all. Winning takes care of our problems.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I don't support adding UMass for the same reason I don't support adding Villanova.... there's no stadium. There's no fan support. If in 5 years UMass has a 50k seat stadium within 30miles of their campus and a decent season ticket base... I'd be all for it. I think regional rivals help a team, not hurt... for example I think that BCU's basketball program has clearly suffered by not playing more regional rivals.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Quinipiac has put more money and effort into their programs than UMass, why not them?

UMass is a regional 2nd tier athletic program like UM, UNH and UVM, which fits a lot of schools and in and of itself is not a bad thing. They are not nor have they ever been nationally successful at the highest level in any sport - even the Camby years have been wiped off the records.

UConn made the commitment, UMass not.

Can't believe UMass is being brought up again as an option. They are not. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom