Question for BY | The Boneyard

Question for BY

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice that the ECU coach spent more time on the court then most of the player? She was like a crazy women. On the base line. On the court when Uconn was shooting free throws on the Ecu end. 10 fett out of the coaching box almost over half court. She should have been teed up multiple times IMHO.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice that the ECU coach spent more time on the court then most of the player? She was like a crazy women. On the base line. On the court when Uconn was shooting free throws on the Ecu end. 10 feet out of the coaching box almost over half court. She should have been teed up multiple times IMHO.
That is what she got T'd up for, once.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice that the ECU coach spent more time on the court then most of the player? She was like a crazy women. On the base line. On the court when Uconn was shooting free throws on the Ecu end. 10 fett out of the coaching box almost over half court. She should have been teed up multiple times IMHO.
Yea I though it was pretty cool the amount of camera time that Heather got.

Reaction Score
Heather and ECU have had a tough year. That can do strange things to a coach. I don't know how they managed to beat SMU. Didn't see the game. They're likely to have an embarrassing record come year's end. She may soon, if not already, be dealing with job security concerns.

Also, I don't think she's much of a fan of Geno and UConn. And further, last night we added insult to injury. A triple double is not easy to come by at UConn, think of all the UConn greats that never notched one. There have only been four in the "modern era" (last 25 years) and two of them have come against ECU. Ouch! So, I guess we should cut her a little slack.

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
That is where I want to stand.
16266193_1301553039902953_5438035657600568112_n.jpg
You go stand over there.
16174913_1301553066569617_2271250494050787180_n.jpg

Reaction Score
The sad part is that these coaches think the players can see them when they're waving their arms and pointing while the kids are dribbling and catching passes. They must teach this strutting and pointing crap at coaching clinics. And if they thought the kids could hear them they wouldn't be 5 feet out on the court. John Wooden must have laughed like hell watching them.

Reaction Score
Two things: First. the coach was wandering all over the place. I assume the refs warned her, probably more than once, before issuing the T. Second, I've decided I hate watching UConn-ECU. The game is an injury waiting to happen. I would much prefer to watch basketball rather than beseeching a higher power to keep the women -- on both sides -- from serious injury.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Two things: First. the coach was wandering all over the place. I assume the refs warned her, probably more than once, before issuing the T. Second, I've decided I hate watching UConn-ECU. The game is an injury waiting to happen. I would much prefer to watch basketball rather than beseeching a higher power to keep the women -- on both sides -- from serious injury.

And I thought I was the only one thinking this. We got the best possible result. One win, and zero serious injuries. ECU plays like a bunch of lumberjacks.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Geno could have enforced the rule... but why? Did UConn really need the extra points

Reaction Score
She's a good coach. Feisty would be an understatement, but not in a bad way. While I don't care for the style her team played, it was effective, largely because for some bizarre reason the officials let them (ala Louisville over Baylor in the tournament a few years ago).

I can see her moving up to coach a higher level program, maybe even next year. I program that is well known for playing that style of defense. A program that used to be a power, but has performed poorly for quite some time. A Scarlet program, just a few hours south of UConn.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The sad part is that these coaches think the players can see them when they're waving their arms and pointing while the kids are dribbling and catching passes. They must teach this strutting and pointing crap at coaching clinics. And if they thought the kids could hear them they wouldn't be 5 feet out on the court. John Wooden must have laughed like hell watching them.
You've never watched Geno on the sidelines, have you?

Reaction Score
You've never watched Geno on the sidelines, have you?
Yes, I have. But he obviously does a much better job coaching his kids in practice and in huddles than the others do.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She's a good coach. Feisty would be an understatement, but not in a bad way. While I don't care for the style her team played, it was effective, largely because for some bizarre reason the officials let them (ala Louisville over Baylor in the tournament a few years ago).

I can see her moving up to coach a higher level program, maybe even next year. I program that is well known for playing that style of defense. A program that used to be a power, but has performed poorly for quite some time. A Scarlet program, just a few hours south of UConn.
Hmm, I decided to look at her coaching record and while she's done a good job up to 2015, the last two years and the lack of size and with a senior laden roster this year seems to tell me next year will be ugly as well. I don't see your "vision" of going up the ladder. Plus something about her, her mannerisms or interviews really bother me. I can't put my finger on it but it leans towards her coming across as disengenuous by being overly demonstrative and with her "mug em" style. With many of the AAC programs looking better, I don't buy into your optimism for her.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm afraid I don't find any reason to be a fan of ECU's coach, at least not from what I've seen so far. It's like when UConn used to play Syracuse and Rutgers. Sometimes you judge a coach not just by what he or she says and how he or she behaves on the sidelines (just look at Harry Perretta, yelling and screaming and coaching each and every play all game), but how the coach's players behaved on the court.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Go watch all of the ECU vs UConn games since we have joined the AAC... she has a tech in atleast half and I'm not even exaggerating.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
They don't enforce that very often so she must have been overly obnoxious.

Blending this thread with the one concerning television coverage, this was another point of frustration for me.

T's are not issued every day - they are rare enough, in fact, that I would expect the broadcast crew to mention and explain it.

And after Macy was t'd, it got me thinking - when was the last time it happened to Geno. Anyone know?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom