Question about the new conference circa 2015 | The Boneyard

Question about the new conference circa 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Which game is the marque one? I'm guessing Memphis?

As of July 1, 2015: Central Florida, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Houston, Memphis, USF, SMU, Temple, Tulane

Reaction Score
Any game UConn plays is a marquis game.

We win a amazing overtime game and the next morning this is your post? Anyone who thinks we have a terrible fan base is probably talking about you.

Reaction Score
Any game UConn plays is a marquis game.

We win a amazing overtime game and the next morning this is your post? Anyone who thinks we have a terrible fan base is probably talking about you.

Excuse me SIR, but I was there last night, as I am at EVERY MEN'S GAME AND EVERY FOOTBALL GAME. If you don't like the thread, then do not click on it nor comment on it. GOOD DAY SIR.

Reaction Score
Which game is the marque one? I'm guessing Memphis?

As of July 1, 2015: Central Florida, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Houston, Memphis, USF, SMU, Temple, Tulane
You know that isn't a half bad basketball conference but it isn't the BE and it is depressing to see in print.
Probably Cincinnati .

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Excuse me SIR, but I was there last night, as I am at EVERY MEN'S GAME AND EVERY FOOTBALL GAME. If you don't like the thread, then do not click on it nor comment on it. GOOD DAY SIR.

Pistols at dawn?

Reaction Score
You know that isn't a half bad basketball conference but it isn't the BE and it is depressing to see in print.
Probably Cincinnati .

not that I need to explain myself to people like Palantine, but the reason I started this thread is last night during the game I was thinking 'gee, I guess this might be our marque game going forward'. The conference might be ok, just not the same - that will take some time to adjust to fan-wise I think.

Reaction Score
Pistols at dawn?

On the banks of the Connecticut River.

Aaron%20Burr%20and%20Hamilton%20Duel.jpg

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
not that I need to explain myself to people like Palantine, but the reason I started this thread is last night during the game I was thinking 'gee, I guess this might be our marque game going forward'. The conference might be ok, just not the same - that will take some time to adjust to fan-wise I think.
One of the broadcasters talked about it during the game last night as well, saying these two teams are the anchors of the new league and should develop into a good rivalry. I can see us/memphis and maybe us/Temple to start as the other 2 marquee mathups to start - teams with some modicum of basketball success.

Reaction Score
One good thing, is 9 team conference can go to a double round robin schedule and crown a true conference champion. Also, more realistic tourney with quarterfinals plus, one 8/9 game.

Reaction Score
One of the broadcasters talked about it during the game last night as well, saying these two teams are the anchors of the new league and should develop into a good rivalry. I can see us/memphis and maybe us/Temple to start as the other 2 marquee mathups to start - teams with some modicum of basketball success.

Seeing this proposed line-up, I worry more about the conference running afoul of the NCAA's academic minimums. Man, I fail to see much academic brilliance emanating from this group. UConn and Tulane are far and away the probable elite so far as academic standards exist.

Also question to the extent to which we'll see regional TV coverage.

Reaction Score

I think the thread is stupid and uncalled for. Who knows what conference we will be in two years from now? It's the kind of unbridled negativity that makes us all look bad.

There might be a time for this discussion but posting this today is like taking a dump in the punch bowl.

Reaction Score
We have to think like the Women's hoop fans. If we dominate the conference (obviously not winning these games by 30 to 50 pts) then we just need to show up because Uconn is playing and not care too much who the conference opponent is. Temple, Memphis, Cincy, and probably one or two others will not be blow out games generally.

Reaction Score
Cincy cause of BE ties, Memphis cause of recent history of being good, then Temple cause of their history, then everyone else.

Reaction Score
Ummm- there is a very good chance we will not be in the BE in 2015.
We are their best team and they punked us by not letting us play in the BET- add to that the fact we have been trying to find a new home for the last year and signs point to us finding a new home somewhere outside the BE at some point- and maybe sooner then later.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone REALLY believes that we will be in the conference come 2015. At least we all certainly hope not. If we can't get out of the BE in the next 2 years, it will be very sad for the university and the fans.

Reaction Score
I think the thread is stupid and uncalled for. Who knows what conference we will be in two years from now? It's the kind of unbridled negativity that makes us all look bad.

There might be a time for this discussion but posting this today is like taking a dump in the punch bowl.

That's two comments you've made on a thread that is clearly titled.

Reaction Score
Guess what. If we are still in the Big East in 2015, the sun will still rise in the morning. We will still have a very good basketball team and an excellent coach. We will be a regular in the NCAA tournament. We will be excited about each new recruit the KO brings in. Maybe even some the teams that left will be wondering if they made the right decision and exploring if they can get back in. The glass is half full.

Reaction Score
i love your avatar. I discovered Three Floyds on business trip to Indy and have missed it ever since.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Oh Big 10, where hath you gone? Comith home and reach out your warm hand. We will take it.

Reaction Score
That's two comments you've made on a thread that is clearly titled.
And here's a third. I post on dopey threads all the time. I'm posting to let you know how far off base and how utterly nonredeemable this thread is and to hope you will take it under advisement in the future. It's missionary work.

I mean, really, seriously, what is the point of something like this except to drag everybody down?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
i love your avatar. I discovered Three Floyds on business trip to Indy and have missed it ever since.
Thanks! Was there in October and had gumballhead for the first time - its delicious and I think the graphic fit me! I was lucky and found a few Dreadnaughts as well Lucky for me the hotel had a fedex with boxes - I shipped a case of a variety of Three Floyds home! Its a shame we can't get any here in the east. I have to go to Indy every fall now so I plan to stock up again! Like your husky avatar as well!

Reaction Score
And here's a third. I post on dopey threads all the time. I'm posting to let you know how far off base and how utterly nonredeemable this thread is and to hope you will take it under advisement in the future. It's missionary work.

I mean, really, seriously, what is the point of something like this except to drag everybody down?

so you're like the FCC of the Boneyard, passing judgement on what's appopiate to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom