Question about Brimah | The Boneyard

Question about Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He had a very nice game going……his 3rd was a phantom call as it looked as if he pushed from behind, rewinding it he did not.

But as far as why, I was curious too. He was really good tonight for the most part, the little right hook to start, the lefty finish and 1 and of course the rebounding and shot blocking…..he had the whole package going along with a little attitude when people were trying to roughhouse him!

You know something funny, I didn't even notice that Omar did not play until DD returned to the game int he 2nd half……that's not good!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
my guess, the way the refs were calling fouls on what seemed like every possession in the 2nd half maybe KO thought it was best to keep him out since Rutgers was in the dbl bonus very early.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it was because Phil was playing well, getting his hands on passes, running the floor etc. I think KO is trying to improve all the Bigs and have everyone playing with confidence for the end of the year. The consistent play from Brimah is very encouraging.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Brimah did look good especially on the boards. I like playing Nolan more because UCONN is going to need him along with Brimah come February and March

Reaction Score
He was flexing one of his shoulders a lot, especially after getting tangled up mid way through the 1st half. He was a beast before then. Maybe KO was being cautious as UConn will need him in the NCAA?

Reaction Score
The thing I really liked about Brimah is that he knows not to put the ball on the ground. He catches it high and finishes high.

I suppose that's one of the benefits of bringing in a raw player: no bad habits for them to un-learn.

The anti-Thabeet.

Reaction Score
Believe he had 3 fouls when Ollie pulled him. Nolan went in and played very well so no reason to put him back in. If Rutgers made a late run we would have seen him.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The thing I really liked about Brimah is that he knows not to put the ball on the ground. He catches it high and finishes high.

I suppose that's one of the benefits of bringing in a raw player: no bad habits for them to un-learn.

Well, I remember one time he did go to the ground and I think when he went up for the shot the ball was blocked.

Reaction Score
my guess, the way the refs were calling fouls on what seemed like every possession in the 2nd half maybe KO thought it was best to keep him out since Rutgers was in the dbl bonus very early.
I was wondering the same thing. Nolan has been shooting FTs very well this season and he played pretty good today. Still I was surprised Brimah didn't get more play in both halfs.

Reaction Score
He was great tonight. I honestly think he showed more tonight than he did vs UCF.

Reaction Score
Well, I remember one time he did go to the ground and I think when he went up for the shot the ball was blocked.

I believe that was the first one. Nice to see him not make that mistake again.

Reaction Score
Brimah's gonna be a pro at some point. I'm excited to see his progress throughout this season and next. A full off-season of weight training is going to do wonders for him.

C

Chief00

Ok KO I will be quite frank, you really screwed up tonight not playing Brimah more. He needs the game experience and must learn to play without fouling. Tonight was yet another opportunity which you did not take advantage of. I know Coach Miller manages the minutes so much of this is on him. This center by committee concept which Miller loves isn't a winning formula. How many championship teams use it ? What top big recruit would sign with a team that uses this philosophy? Again, we need a big man's coach really bad.

Reaction Score
Ollie praised Nolan after the game for his defense. Perhaps it is more of propping up Nolan in place of Brimah getting more minutes.

Reaction Score

In addition to keeping the ball high, he is doing the Kevin Garnett tap the ball to yourself move on rebounds - and it works really well when he have such a tall standing reach.

Reaction Score
In addition to keeping the ball high, he is doing the Kevin Garnett tap the ball to yourself move on rebounds - and it works really well when he have such a tall standing reach.

He also has very good, very quick feet from his soccer background. That allows him to tap and move to get the ball. Many players have had the ability to tap it but not go after it once they have tapped it once or twice.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
On one hand, I love that Amida is showing a "scrappy" side and gets in there and physically competes (or tries to). On the other hand, it is leading to a bunch of dumb fouls for no purpose. In the long run it will be a good thing, I would guess, as he is not shying away from the physical play. I am hoping that he can reduce the less than smart fouls sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
He had 2 great 2 handed blocks which he controlled also, a nice sign of understanding. He had another opportunity which he swung and missed after measuring the guy, that one shouldn't have been a swing but a controlled block also. He's learning a lot as the year goes on and little things are starting to show through. He's fun to watch for sure!

C

Chief00

On one hand, I love that Amida is showing a "scrappy" side and gets in there and physically competes (or tries to). On the other hand, it is leading to a bunch of dumb fouls for no purpose. In the long run it will be a good thing, I would guess, as he is not shying away from the physical play. I am hoping that he can reduce the less than smart fouls sooner rather than later.
He was not in foul trouble last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22