Question about Boatright sitting out | The Boneyard

Question about Boatright sitting out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if they rule that he has to sit out 3-6 games or whatever the number is, do the games he is sitting out now count?

Reaction Score
Regular season games he's sitting out count. Exhibition games do not.

Reaction Score
If exhibition games don't count what's the point of not playing him those games then?

Reaction Score
Boy, that's a real Alice in Wonderland position the NCAA has us in, (and other schools in similar positions); they're silent on the accusation or transgression facts, the season goes on without the player, but you don't dare play him in pre-season exhibition games just in case. WHaaaaat??

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If he isn't eligible for the first 3 games, he's also not eligible to play in an official exhibition game. It's a sanctioned event and he's not eligible to play. Bad things would have happened if he played.

Reaction Score
You gotta wonder what's taking so long for the NCAA to come down with a ruling. I'm sure they will make the process as drawn out and painful as possible.

Reaction Score
if they rule that he has to sit out 3-6 games or whatever the number is, do the games he is sitting out now count?

I believe so. When CV was being investigated he was held out of X number of games before the NCAA made a ruling. Their ruling was that he should be suspended for time already served and was then allowed to play.

Reaction Score
If he isn't eligible for the first 3 games, he's also not eligible to play in an official exhibition game. It's a sanctioned event and he's not eligible to play. Bad things would have happened if he played.[/quote
If he isn't eligible for the first 3 games, he's also not eligible to play in an official exhibition game. It's a sanctioned event and he's not eligible to play. Bad things would have happened if he played.

Oh, I have no question but what you're absolutely correct in your answer; my Alice remarks were directed to the thought process that takes place at NCAA headquarters where these rules are created and implemented. There lies the true "Wonderland".

Reaction Score
There are program implications if you play an ineligible player in an exhibition game or any game to that matter.

I think the reason why it takes the NCAA so long is because they don't have enough personnel to investigate all these cases in a timely fashion. With all the money this organization makes off of the schools they represent, you'd think they'd up their compliance staff who investigating student athlete eligibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom