Quade Green | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quade Green

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think Green was way over rated. Not a good enough athlete. Had a hell of a summer going into his senior year just hit tough shot after tough shot. But when u play with a ton of talent u don’t have the green light to take those shots.

Perfect for Cuse zone.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Coach K retires, the squid finally isn't the "cool" way to go to the NBA anymore. All the five stars start going to UConn to work with Danny Hurley?

Boom goes the dynamite.

Going to be a huge shakeup for sure once, K, Roy, Izzo, and crew retire. I'll mention Boeheim too, only because I think Cuse could crap the bed after. In the AAC ACC, nothing to draw up there, not guaranteed to grab a stud coach...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Green was way over rated. Not a good enough athlete. Had a hell of a summer going into his senior year just hit tough shot after tough shot. But when u play with a ton of talent u don’t have the green light to take those shots.
He’s still really good offensively, which is what gets kids ranked high. He gets torched on defense though, and Calipari is a big time perimeter defense coach, so it probably drove him nuts.

Green would probably work well in a zone, but if he wants to go pro, he’s going to need to improve his man to man defense. It’ll be interesting to see which route he takes from here.

Reaction Score
Boom goes the dynamite.

Going to be a huge shakeup for sure once, K, Roy, Izzo, and crew retire. I'll mention Boeheim too, only because I think Cuse could crap the bed after. In the AAC, nothing to draw up there, not guaranteed to grab a stud coach...

Not for nothing but this is almost exactly what Cuse fans said about us after Calhoun left and we proceeded to win a championship not two years later. Careful what you wish for.

Also, I assume you meant ACC?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Not for nothing but this is almost exactly what Cuse fans said about us after Calhoun left and we proceeded to win a championship not two years later. Careful what you wish for.

Yes, ACC. Thanks, I will edit.

It's a different situation.

1. We were lucky to have Hurley available. What if the choices were just Creana and Capel? You have to get lucky.
2. The ACC is a huge factor. Look at what happened to other schools. BCU. Pittsburgh will likely continue to struggle. Cuse is struggling even now compared to their BE heyday. Wait til they don't have a HOF coach.
3. Location: sure, both are cow towns. But Cuse is colder and up in the middle of nowhere, difficult to get to and recruit to. UCONN is smack dab in the middle of four hotbeds (Boston/CT/NYC/NJ) and close to a fifth (Maryland). And parents can watch their kids easily on top of that.
4. They don't have Shabazz.

Now, if somebody like Nate Oats is still available, then I might take all that back. But I think he specifically will be gone by the time Boeheim gives up the reigns. I have a sneaky suspicion it will be GMac as coach in waiting. And I think that's bad for them.

Reaction Score

Cuse will have the opportunity for a great hire just like UConn and Louisville did despite their current problems (AAC for UConn or violations for UoL). If I were a Cuse fan I’d be praying for Nate Oats. The guy knows upstate NY and is a stud coach. He and Hurley would make for a great rivalry, and like Calhoun and Boeheim they’re also friends.

Reaction Score
Cuse will have the opportunity for a great hire just like UConn and Louisville did despite their current problems (AAC for UConn or violations for UoL). If I were a Cuse fan I’d be praying for Nate Oats. The guy knows upstate NY and is a stud coach. He and Hurley would make for a great rivalry, and like Calhoun and Boeheim they’re also friends.
I wonder if the administration tries to push out boheim before Oats leaves buffalo for greener pastures

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He’s still really good offensively, which is what gets kids ranked high. He gets torched on defense though, and Calipari is a big time perimeter defense coach, so it probably drove him nuts.

Green would probably work well in a zone, but if he wants to go pro, he’s going to need to improve his man to man defense. It’ll be interesting to see which route he takes from here.

Put him on Cuse and he'd probably be fine.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

If Boeheim continues through Buddy's tenure, Oats will be long gone.

Three more years, and Oats could have left this year if he wanted.

I still feel that it will be GMac. Cuse admin will cave to that, or Boeheim pulls a Calhoun and stuffs it down their throat.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I wonder if the administration tries to push out boheim before Oats leaves buffalo for greener pastures

Ha, good luck with that.

Reaction Score
hopefully Syracuse strikes out with their version of billy clyde gillespie next. they aren't UK so after a few years of irrelevancy they will never recover

their program owes everything to 1 coach. they should fall apart when boeheim leaves.

(to any nitpickers out there- 2 different coaches have won chips at uconn, soon to be 3. how many programs can say that?)

answer:
UNC- williams, smith, mcguire
UK- cal, smith, patino, hall, rupp
KU- self, brown, allen

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh I hope it gets so mother-ing ugly their eventual divorce.

Reaction Score

I hope they stick with McNamara. Cuse does not deserve Nate Oats.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Please stop wishing for this. I’m enjoying Cuse hate and Buffalove simultaneously, that would mind F me big time.

I don’t want anyone I have an affinity for to become the Cuse coach.

Reaction Score
hopefully Syracuse strikes out with their version of billy clyde gillespie next. they aren't UK so after a few years of irrelevancy they will never recover

their program owes everything to 1 coach. they should fall apart when boeheim leaves.

(to any nitpickers out there- 2 different coaches have won chips at uconn, soon to be 3. how many programs can say that?)

answer:
UNC- williams, smith, mcguire
UK- cal, smith, patino, hall, rupp
KU- self, brown, allen
This is quite a take.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

That would mean this year probably.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yes, ACC. Thanks, I will edit.

It's a different situation.

1. We were lucky to have Hurley available. What if the choices were just Creana and Capel? You have to get lucky.
2. The ACC is a huge factor. Look at what happened to other schools. BCU. Pittsburgh will likely continue to struggle. Cuse is struggling even now compared to their BE heyday. Wait til they don't have a HOF coach.
3. Location: sure, both are cow towns. But Cuse is colder and up in the middle of nowhere, difficult to get to and recruit to. UCONN is smack dab in the middle of four hotbeds (Boston/CT/NYC/NJ) and close to a fifth (Maryland). And parents can watch their kids easily on top of that.
4. They don't have Shabazz.

Now, if somebody like Nate Oats is still available, then I might take all that back. But I think he specifically will be gone by the time Boeheim gives up the reigns. I have a sneaky suspicion it will be GMac as coach in waiting. And I think that's bad for them.

Exactly. The coaching crop isn’t always strong. And sometimes you think an alum might be interested and isn’t (brohm in football, Mike white in basketball are recent examples) and then you may be scrambling.

We were lucky Hurley was open to moving at the time when the axe was dropped on KO.

If Hurley said no, our plan would’ve been interesting to see. Cause I don’t recall much talk about a legit plan b, more from the chicken littles (like myself) who are always worried about the worst case scenario and trying to plan for that too.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If Hurley said no, our plan would’ve been interesting to see. Cause I don’t recall much talk about a legit plan b, more from the chicken littles (like myself) who are always worried about the worst case scenario and trying to plan for that too.

I would argue that as of probably last December or so, Hurley was plan A, B, and C. There was no other option.

Reaction Score
CV recently followed and told Quade to check his DM on instagram *multiple eyes emoji*
Greene followed back. Speculation time. Speaking of. Surprised Diarra isn’t back yet, he was dancing so freely at first night

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Wasnt either last year (or maybe this year? ) supposed to be the nose pickers last year when Hopkins was still there and the Sanctions hit?
and then he rescinded that?

It wouldve been best for Syracuse of he was gone or going right now. They are prolonging mediocrity and the time it takes for a new coach to make a fresh start.

I dont predict their death. They actually will probably improve when Boeheim leaves. Hes an iconic coach but not particularly great when compared to other iconic coaches on metrics that count other than longevity.

They have a good fan base who shows up at games, and good facilities and a national name and a good conference. They will attract someone decent.

For that reason I hope Boeheim coaches until hes 90.

They will never win another title as long as hes there. Let them keep spinning their wheels.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Coach K retires, the squid finally isn't the "cool" way to go to the NBA anymore. All the five stars start going to UConn to work with Danny Hurley?
At some point K is going to start getting the Jim Calhoun “he’s going to retire soon, you don’t know if he’ll be there ” treatment on the recruiting trail right? Hes 72. I guess that doesn’t matter as much if all they’re recruiting is 1 and dones.

Reaction Score
Wasnt either last year (or maybe this year? ) supposed to be the nose pickers last year when Hopkins was still there and the Sanctions hit?
and then he rescinded that?

It wouldve been best for Syracuse of he was gone or going right now. They are prolonging mediocrity and the time it takes for a new coach to make a fresh start.

I dont predict their death. They actually will probably improve when Boeheim leaves. Hes an iconic coach but not particularly great when compared to other iconic coaches on metrics that count other than longevity.

They have a good fan base who shows up at games, and good facilities and a national name and a good conference. They will attract someone decent.

For that reason I hope Boeheim coaches until hes 90.

They will never win another title as long as hes there. Let them keep spinning their wheels.
If he actually wants to coach buddy for 4 years and Syracuse allows it then it's good news for us lol. Hurley just got here and already stole Akok who they spent a ton of time on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom