Quade Green | The Boneyard

Quade Green

Reaction Score
Think he goes to cuse?
I think that ship sailed when he met with WWW at MSG and chose UK shortly after. Since then Cuse has lined up Jalen Carey, Brycen Goodine, and Joe Girard, in addition to targeting other 2020 PGs. Apparently Calipari promised Quade he'd make him a lottery pick after 2 years, and he and his camp bought the snake oil.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I saw the UK folks speculating about Washington.

On top of UK struggling, this is an added punch to the gut. Maybe kids will stop buying Calipari's BS when they look at the roster and see they are either going to be buried behind a 5-star kid or are one year from being recruited over.

Reaction Score
I saw the UK folks speculating about Washington.

On top of UK struggling, this is an added punch to the gut. Maybe kids will stop buying Calipari's BS when they look at the roster and see they are either going to be buried behind a 5-star kid or are one year from being recruited over.
K beat Cal at his own game. Bet Cal goes back to the NBA in the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
Really don’t get Cal’s usage of Green.

Green is really good, and honestly should have had a bigger role in their offense. He’s way ahead of Quickley and Hagans right now, but his playing time and usage didn’t reflect that. I think he will be a star wherever he ends up.

Kentucky’s backcourt is going to be terrible now. They may not make the tournament even with their ranking where it is today.

I’d think Washington and Pitt will be floated because Hopkins and Capel both recruited him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really don’t get Cal’s usage of Green.

Green is really good, and honestly should have had a bigger role in their offense. He’s way ahead of Quinerly and Hagans right now, but his playing time and usage didn’t reflect that. I think he will be a star wherever he ends up.

Kentucky’s backcourt is going to be terrible now. They may not make the tournament even with their ranking where it is today.

I’d think Washington and Pitt will he floated because Hopkins and Capel both recruited him.
Think you mean Quickley, but I agree with you here.

Reaction Score
All Calipari talks about is how he "made" all of these NBA players. I argue that Derrick Rose, John Wall, and Anthony Davis would be all NBA first rounders and stars if they played at Colgate. Why do you never hear about the Quade Greens and Nick Richards? Check his ranking out of HS then check his stats through 1.3 years of college basketball:
Nick Richards - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Reaction Score
I think that ship sailed when he met with WWW at MSG and chose UK shortly after. Since then Cuse has lined up Jalen Carey, Brycen Goodine, and Joe Girard, in addition to targeting other 2020 PGs. Apparently Calipari promised Quade he'd make him a lottery pick after 2 years, and he and his camp bought the snake oil.

There is not one high major prospect that would concern themselves with the whereabouts of Joe Girard.

Reaction Score
That and the hero worship coming out if ESPN

Isn't it odd how the guys Vitale touts seem to get "special features" produced on them? Between halves of some game this weekend there was loving tribute to Coach K with clips of former players and others talking about him as if he was some saint. We've all seen the specials on Calipari's practices and their dorm as well.

Right now there's seems to be extra ACC stuff probably being done to hype the new network which starts next August. I think I'll vomit if I see another upclose and personal interview of Boeheim, K and Williams, all being portrayed as "pure as the driven snow".

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
K beat Cal at his own game. Bet Cal goes back to the NBA in the next couple of years.

Why would any NBA team hire Cal?

I'm not saying one won't. I'm just questioning what would give anybody the impression that he can be a successful NBA coach, given that (a) he wasn't, the first time and (b) his success in college is almost entirely due to something that he has no control over in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Cal can recruit. He can handle the media. He's an 'eh' X's and O's guys. Developmental track record is all over the place.

He gets guys not because he promises them they'll get drafted - but that they'll play and he'll do whatever is necessary to get them to the league. He's as good as having a second agent, really. He's a salesman at heart. Problem with his model is you can't do what he does and promise everyone PT. There are only so many spots.

Eventually you burn enough guys or leave them disillusioned enough that all that stuff begins to trickle down to the recruiting trail. Word gets out it's the best of the best every year - and truthfully - most kids don't want to be in that dog fight. This was kinda bound to hit critical mass sooner or later.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
All Calipari talks about is how he "made" all of these NBA players. I argue that Derrick Rose, John Wall, and Anthony Davis would be all NBA first rounders and stars if they played at Colgate. Why do you never hear about the Quade Greens and Nick Richards?
Cauley-Stein is the only one I can think of who overperformed expectations and worked himself into a lottery pick under Cal – and it's not like he was a scrub. Dude was a top 50 recruit.

Reaction Score
Cauley-Stein is the only one I can think of who overperformed expectations and worked himself into a lottery pick under Cal – and it's not like he was a scrub. Dude was a top 50 recruit.

At a time, it seemed like Cal really was developing these guys to some extent when Liggins, Miller, Jorts were all getting drafted. The first blemishes really seemed to be Teague and the Harrison twins and things have not been going as smoothly as expected since then.

Reaction Score
Cal has a great ability at making the NCAA with a bunch of 5 stars. Dude hasn’t devloped anyone in years. Most of his roster is NBA or at least high level G league talent. Just has to make sure they don’t get hurt

Reaction Score
All Calipari talks about is how he "made" all of these NBA players. I argue that Derrick Rose, John Wall, and Anthony Davis would be all NBA first rounders and stars if they played at Colgate. Why do you never hear about the Quade Greens and Nick Richards? Check his ranking out of HS then check his stats through 1.3 years of college basketball:
Nick Richards - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN
I just keep thinking of one of Ollie’s best moves.

Moving on from madame Zach brown

Reaction Score
I think Green was way over rated. Not a good enough athlete. Had a hell of a summer going into his senior year just hit tough shot after tough shot. But when u play with a ton of talent u don’t have the green light to take those shots.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I think Green was way over rated. Not a good enough athlete. Had a hell of a summer going into his senior year just hit tough shot after tough shot. But when u play with a ton of talent u don’t have the green light to take those shots.
He was extremely overrated. I was surprised that Kentucky even offered.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Not quite what you are talking about, but the one that still blows my mind is Daniel Orton.

Top 20 iirc?
As a freshman reserve, avg'd 3.4 pts, 3.3 rbd, and 1.4 blk in 13.2 mpg.

And then gets drafted as the 29th pick of the 1st rd.

Amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Illini98

Top Bottom