QB1 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

QB1

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That entire process was crazy and intimidating. Add/Drop and Room Draw. It had to be unique to UConn.

The play when I was there was, I needed to get into a class which was full. So someone I know already in the class would drop it, and I would be right behind him in line and add it. He wouldn't follow through in submitting his drop and I would still get in. Only did that a couple of times but it worked.

Definitely not unique to UConn. Was talking with some good friends yesterday morning over breakfast and the subject of add/drop mayhem came up. He was at University of New Orleans and I was at RIT. Process of add/drop lines, trading classes, forging signatures, etc were common themes.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Luxury. The best dinner our "chef" could come up with was frozen chicken pot pies. And the kitchen helper used put beets into everything because they were so good for young minds.
I was never a big rib lover because our cook in South used to marinate them in Kool Aid. Wasn't til years later that I discovered dry rub Memphis ribs.....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A cousin that worked at Add/Drop and the Alumni Center restaurant before my arrival weaseled my way into Add/Drop jobs for 4 years and Alumni Center F&B work 2 years. Magically, unavailable courses sometimes freed up for me, maybe a few coeds and friends alike, extra meals inexplicably found their way into doggy bags, an occasional bottle mysteriously beamed it’s way to certain dorm rooms, and extra shekels enhanced social lives, and funded some OK weekend meals. Weird enough, busiest semesters were easily my best. Too much free time not so much ...
Herman? Is that you?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The greatest dorm at UConn was the housed at Rodgers - the Intentional Democratic Community. Run by students, Blue Oyster Cult album covers in hallways, just a great experiment.
Very creative place, The Sorcerers' Apprentice was the mural I remember best. A non-UConn buddy had a summer co-worker friend who lived in IDC. His roommate stole one of those big pressurized tanks from a construction site. For what possible purpose? To take to a chemical supply house and have it filled with nitrous oxide, of course. You can do that? I'm still amazed.

Reaction Score
Herman? Is that you?
Munster? Nope, not I!

fred-gwynne-1.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member