QB situation | The Boneyard

QB situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Mac should play all 4 quarters next week ,we need a passing attack in order to win this year.With McCummings coming in for running/option plays like we used him today. Nebrich is our future but we need to cut it down to at least two.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agreed with everything.

I do think it's valuable to Nebrich snaps whenever we can since history says QB's will get hurt and he's got to be ready. Nebrich showed good pocket awareness but McEntee and McCummings looked better.

I think we see all three again next week.

Reaction Score
kinda agree...very tough for a QB to get into a rhythm with that shuffle...not sure any of the QBs really distinguished themselves...they all did some good, some not so good...gonna need to play better if we are going to beat Vandy

Reaction Score
if Johnny has time and they call routes that he feels comfortable throwing i think he's going to do more than fine back there. if we can't protect him or ask him to make deep throws, we could be in trouble.

the McCummings option/spread stuff needs to show us more before we can feel comfortable against better defenses.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I worry about Mac's lack of mobility against FBS pressure.

Reaction Score
Based on today, I think Johnny MAC should start with McCummings coming in for plays here and there.

Reaction Score
Nothing was setled this week. Mac turned a sure TD into a ball that should have been picked. He had time in the pocket that he will NEVER see again.

McCumming was the most effective QB but he was only used as a change up.

Nebrich didn't really get a chance and his pick was caused by a WR/TE mix up.

Practice will determine the starter.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There will be opportunities against at least Buffalo and WMU for Nebrich to get some more experience. Hopefully he can see some time against other OOC opponents if we have a big lead. And, hopefully JMac continues to improve as a starting QB / leader so Nebrich can just concentrate about developing his skills. Of course... things could change in a short period of time.

Reaction Score
I think it's ok too play McCummings like we did today and let Nebrich come in sparingly or if we have a large lead. But for know we aren't playing FCS teams anymore and Mac needs expierence since he really has none at all.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
FWIW... I liked JMac, McCummings, and Nebrich in that order... Although McCummings looked okay running the option... we'll see more next week against a BCS level team I'd imagine.

Reaction Score
I like McEntee's passing accuracy, so far. Must have a passing attack this year. One thing about the stable of QBs we have now is that we can shuffle them in games.

F

fortebleedsblue

Nothing was setled this week. Mac turned a sure TD into a ball that should have been picked. He had time in the pocket that he will NEVER see again.

McCumming was the most effective QB but he was only used as a change up.

Nebrich didn't really get a chance and his pick was caused by a WR/TE mix up.

Palatine ... How was mccummings the most effective? IMO deleone should mix it up more with run and pass to throws defense off more... I'm not talkin bout the option. More play action.

Practice will determine the starter.

Reaction Score
I thought McEntee looked pretty good when he had time to throw. Strong arm and very accurate. I like the option threat and running ability that McCummings adds too. That trick play for the long TD was a beautiful thing.

Reaction Score
I thought each of the 3 looked good at times, and not so great at times. It was about what I thought I'd see from 3 guys who had never taken a meaningful college snap.

Reaction Score
I just don't think the running game will be there for McCummings against better teams. I say go with Johnny Mac. Iliked his throwing though he could put a bit more zip on some of those balls instead of floating them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I just don't think the running game will be there for McCummings against better teams. I say go with Johnny Mac. Iliked his throwing though he could put a bit more zip on some of those external reproductive organs instead of floating them.

I think Uconn can put in packages where McCummings can be effective running. I'm not expecting Tim Tebow, Denard Robinson or Pat White numbers, but he can get positive yardage. And if the safeties sneak in and the LB's get too aggressive, play action over the top.

If it's the last week of December and we're still rotating three QB's then I'm worried. But for the first game and having three QB's play, I'm happy.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Western Michigan is giving Michigan all they can handle so I'm not sure we can experiment with QBs when we play them.

Reaction Score
I thought Nebrich had the best aa-around game. It would have been nice to see Scotty get a few real pass plays. I thought Mac looked good but he rushed a few plays and that near pick should have been an easy touchdown, but I racked most that up to first game hitters.

Reaction Score
i thought all 3 had moments...good and bad.

the good thing is that none of them looked bad !!!

i also dont think anything was decided today.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Good grief. Pick one already.

No need to pick one. Use the guy that fits best in a particular spot, unless somebody jumps out in front. I agree with most here and think it should be McEntee with McCummings coming in for the change of pace.

Reaction Score
From what I saw, I really liked McEntee, look pretty good out there, but practice and preparation will tell all.

For Vandy,

I'd like to see McEntee and a dose of McCummings out there. :)

Reaction Score
Mac should and will start.. met his dad today... seems like a good guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom