Q to step up! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Q to step up!

Reaction Score
Aubrey's injury was heart breaking as many have posted. We wish her well.
It seems sudden, but Q is the next player up! I mentioned in a post last week that Q would be next in as a contributor. Also, Geno has mentioned recently that he has high hopes for Q. To many it looks obvious since there are only 3 other healthy players to choose from.
I am not a Pollyanna type who looks for pie in the sky. Being realistic and objective is part of my outlook here.

One - No one can replace Aubrey --- Defensively that is true.
Two - However, Q can replace AG's point production. Q currently scores "more per minute" on the court than Aubrey. Q can shoot the three better - she is at 42% which is very good.
Three - Rebounding per minute is very close, but Aubrey is slightly better - 6 to 5.
Four - Aubrey only plays half the game--21-22 minutes. AG averages 9.5 pts and 6 rebounds. In the Creighton game Q only played 16 minutes and scored 8 points and had 6 rebounds.
Five - Q is one of the quickest players (KK & Paige too). Q is the longest player. Q gets up with any other player. Q showed she can fluently run the floor on the break. Q can drive to the basket. Q does not mind mixing it up underneath.
Objectively, Q has shown these skills in games.

Geno mentioned that he wants to give Q practice time with the starters to get her ready for more. Q averages 12 minutes now and needs to move up to 20-22 to replace AG.

Ice needs to play at least 15 minutes to cover the 7th player in. Amari is now the 8th player. Can she give 10 to 12 minutes? With the BE schedule for the next 3 weeks & 3 days (before Notre Dame comes in) the competition should be at a level that those minutes would be realistic.

Is there really any other alternative?
I think Inez can give 10-12 quality minutes. I think Amari is the 9th player, not the 8th. Just my opinion. But Q and Ice need to become major contributors...in their overall game. Defense, rebounding, scoring, etc. Complete players. Sadly, this cannot be rushed. even though everyone hopes it can be....including the players.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I think Inez can give 10-12 quality minutes. I think Amari is the 9th player, not the 8th. Just my opinion. But Q and Ice need to become major contributors...in their overall game. Defense, rebounding, scoring, etc. Complete players. Sadly, this cannot be rushed. even though everyone hopes it can be....including the players.
Ines currently carries the second highest assist rate, the second highest A/TO and the 5th highest rebound rate on the team. She has downsides in fouls and shooting % this year, but it appears that no one remembers that during the injury turmoil last year she provided useful relief for Nika at point.

Reaction Score
If Ines can be the 5 to 8 minute sub or Nika, Ice can be the 5 to 8 minute sub for Edwards, and Q can be the sub for the other 3 positions, we can be ok. But one more down, anyone, would be devastating. for Ines it is mainly defend, play the point but with big help from Paige and KK, just try to help us maintain our lead (of course we will be in the lead) and anything on offense is a bonus, don't feel pressure on offensive production. Similar for Q and Ice, but from them we do need/expect some offensive help.

Reaction Score
If Ines can be the 5 to 8 minute sub or Nika, Ice can be the 5 to 8 minute sub for Edwards, and Q can be the sub for the other 3 positions, we can be ok. But one more down, anyone, would be devastating. for Ines it is mainly defend, play the point but with big help from Paige and KK, just try to help us maintain our lead (of course we will be in the lead) and anything on offense is a bonus, don't feel pressure on offensive production. Similar for Q and Ice, but from them we do need/expect some offensive help.
I agree about Inês. She doesn’t need to be more than steady. But I think Geno actually expects a great deal of scoring from Q, at least in the 10-12 pt range. Same for Ice. Defense is the sticking point for both of them and he’ll need to see continued development there.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
We lose allot with Q because she is not ready to be a starter. Her shooting is not there yet. She will be a good player down the road but not yet. She is no Aubrey !! Not yet.
Aubrey hasn't been starting so why are you implying that Qadence will start? The discussion is about who needs to step up in Aubrey's absence.

Reaction Score
ICE has to become a 25 minute player. And she can. Same with Q.

Reaction Score
Q’s reaction when told she’d have to step up.

IMG_0078.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom