Purvis with his first NBA bucket! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Purvis with his first NBA bucket!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We really needed something to feel good about today, and Rodney supplied it.
Congrats, Mr. Purvis, and thank you!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So under Ollie that makes it three guys to the league: Napier, Hamilton and now Rodney?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Great stuff! I'm happy for Rodney, and I hope he sticks in the league for a long, long time...

Reaction Score
Choking on the crow... Is it me or did he look really small out there?
He really did. I think it was probably just the couple guys around him were tall for the position. Put him on Kyrie or IT to get a good scale.
I have to eat a huge amount of crow on this one. I usually don't say never with guys, because some guys keep getting better every year, but I'm impressed by this one.

Reaction Score
Seeing Purvis grow after leaving UConn is great. But also reminds me how he didn't under Ollie.

Are you sure about this? Because he was lighting it up all summer long. I mean, I guess you can go from bust to NBA from May until June, but it would be very hard to do.

Reaction Score
Rodney will be the first to credit Ollie with his development. Purvis got the 2nd contract because he was a lock down defender. This was what Ollie was emphasizing with him. His basketball IQ, three point and free throw shooting all improve at UCONN. The NBA is a wide open system. Purvis thrive on that

Reaction Score
Rodney will be the first to credit Ollie with his development. Purvis got the 2nd contract because he was a lock down defender. This was what Ollie was emphasizing with him. His basketball IQ, three point and free throw shooting all improve at UCONN. The NBA is a wide open system. Purvis thrive on that

Exactly what is it that you have against the past tense?

Reaction Score
Exactly what is it that you have against the past tense?
dude just put him on ignore already. he/she is a diehard member of the kevin ollie friends & family fan club

Reaction Score
it's the worst cover story of all time. the dude blames his grammar "because iphone"

Well, he was writing in the past tense--left a 'd' and then an 's' off 2 verbs.

Even more plausible: his belief that Rodney would credit Ollie, a lot more plausible than whatever your opinion is on this.

Reaction Score
Purvis is on a 10 day contract right? It must be up today or tomorrow, hoping he gets to play the rest of the season.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
dude just put him on ignore already. he/she is a diehard member of the kevin ollie friends & family fan club

He's not wrong in this instance.

At all.

Kevin Ollie had a lot of fails on the player development front.

Rodney purvis is not one of them.

Reaction Score
it's the worst cover story of all time. the dude blames his grammar "because iphone"

Guys he's on the exact opposite end of where you 2 have been for a year. Not a bad thing to like someone and support them from what I've learned.

Rodney did get better under KO, like it or not he wasn't the Ferrari we all expected but he did a lot things we'll when he left including being a solid defender. He's not saying anything that isn't true.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Guys he's on the exact opposite end of where you 2 have been for a year. Not a bad thing to like someone and support them from what I've learned.

Rodney did get better under KO, like it or not he wasn't the Ferrari we all expected but he did a lot things we'll when he left including being a solid defender. He's not saying anything that isn't true.

What Rodney had trouble with on the Uconn teams was purely on Rodney and Rodney is the first one to say that. Ollie put him positions to succeed repeatedly and Rodney just couldn't get over the hump.

The other part of that was simply team make up. Rodney obviously thrives on open court, and to start every season here Ollie paid lip service to being an open court team but then the items needed to actually be an open court team didn't materialize as expected, eg rebounds and good outlet passers.

Rodney also became an excellent defender on Uconn.

It happens .

It's like 22. I blame Ollie for not getting the kid to engage properly on defense. But does anyone blame Ollie for 22's handle which was worse than hasheem thabeets?

I don't and no one should. That one is purely on 22.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom