Purvis To Announce Friday | The Boneyard

Purvis To Announce Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Goodman thinks NC State - now I feel we really have a shot ;)

Reaction Score
^ LOL.

He was just here- he had a great visit and now he is ready to commit. Have to be optimistic here no? Either it is us- or playing with AD and DD did not impress him enough to change his mind- that would be strange in itself. He would be a huge pick up for us and would leave our only real need at the 5.

Where and how space will be made is fools game at this point. AD,AO,DD any of them could leave if they have a big year. JL is gone. RS might have a break out year - you never know. Wolf or NG may go back to Germany after getting two years to improve their game- someone might leave because they are not getting enough minute- we may get a scholi back on APR. Who knows.

Reaction Score
remember cj leslie...what a loss of talent by choosing n.c. state...kid was a top 5 recruit on some sites

Reaction Score
Seems there's speculation that Purvis is visiting NC State on Saturday. But I'm not sure if this was scheduled awhile ago before he decided or if it's still accurate.

Reaction Score
I've heard NC State has been recruiting him hard of late...local kid...family would like him to be closer so they can watch him etc...this is from a friend who's son goes to Raleigh Christian...but who knows...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He would be a great get from what I've been reading and I like our chances. But who knows. And if he ends up elsewhere there are a lot of other options including what is already in house and coming. No real reason to sweat things out one way or the other.

And if he commits, we can speculate how to make room for him after the season plays out and the NBA resolves their problems. I'm not suggesting people shouldn't speculate. But how can one make a reasonable guess without these two things playing out.

Reaction Score
Ok this is what I heard, he announces ncst friday and then visits ncst for the weekend. Going around a few boards

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie!!! Can really relate to these kids. They must really look up to him as a player and more so how he carries himself

Reaction Score
also hearing NCST - boy it would be a waste. Fingers still crossed!

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
where are people hearing NC State I keep looking and really cant find anything

Reaction Score
Fans are speculating NC State. There is no information anywhere that would lead me to think this is true other than his visit. I would be interested to know when this visit was scheduled. If the visit was scheduled months ago, he could easily cancel but if this was something recently planned, I would believe NC State is his pick ( I think the visit has been in the works for longer)

As recently as early this week Evan Daniels and Brian Snow of Scout each said that they felt Uconn was strong and making a move. The Rivals staff had an article two days ago that said it appeared that NC State was perhaps focusing more on another guard (Smith Rivera) and that Uconn was strong. Today Jeff Goodman guessed that NC State would land Purvis, as did Snow.

Basically its a situation where no one knows anything and people are making educated guesses.

Reaction Score
On the Lville board they posted an news paper article saying he most likely is going to NCSU and will be heading there this weekend. But it was a local paper and thats what they should believe. Guess we will find out in a few days.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Fans are speculating NC State. There is no information anywhere that would lead me to think this is true other than his visit. I would be interested to know when this visit was scheduled. If the visit was scheduled months ago, he could easily cancel but if this was something recently planned, I would believe NC State is his pick ( I think the visit has been in the works for longer)

As recently as early this week Evan Daniels and Brian Snow of Scout each said that they felt Uconn was strong and making a move. The Rivals staff had an article two days ago that said it appeared that NC State was perhaps focusing more on another guard (Smith Rivera) and that Uconn was strong. Today Jeff Goodman guessed that NC State would land Purvis, as did Snow.

Basically its a situation where no one knows anything and people are making educated guesses.
Thanks for the clarification. The association for all the conjecture is the announcement Friday with a visit to NC state on Saturday. People making the case for NC State are emphasizing he did not cancel his visit which is set up after his announcement as the reason for NC State. That is possible. But it is also possible he doesn't want to tip his hand before the announcement and is keeping the NC State visit as a red herring. This is less likely imo. He could easily have taken the visit and made an announcement next week. Most recruits don't play games. So my guess is NC State. Hope I'm wrong. But we have OC.

Reaction Score
That's a good point that I didn't even think about. There are two schools assumed to be in the running and he has a plan to visit one of the schools after his announcement. If he were to cancel his visit, there would be no drama whatsoever about his choice and since this kid is having a press conference, I imagine he wants a little bit of attention.

The fact is that this kid was supposed to have a really long and drawn out recruitment according to all the "experts" and he suddenly announces a decision date with Uconn being the last school he has visited. Maybe his urgency in making a decision is that NC St. is recruiting other players who play his spot very aggressively and he doesn't want to miss out, or that he was very impressed with Uconn and knows he wants to go there.

Reaction Score
I think NC State might be it, because I remember him saying he was planning to be one and done. If that's the case, it hurts are chances because he would be apart of a four guard rotation here.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He re-tweeted something from a UCONN follower today. Is that a sign?

http://twitter.com/#!/rpurvis_5
I think his statement the "greatest disease is the Holy Ghost" is a sign that he believes all the conference realignment issues and the reason the ACC has not invited UConn is because of Notre Dame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom