Purvis To Announce Friday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Purvis To Announce Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This sounds like an awfully familiar scenario when it comes to recruits from the southeast that come up to visit UConn. Brandon Bass, CJ Leslie and others like to take advantage of their visits and in the end decide to stay close to home. We seem to do better when we jump in at the last moment with recruits who don't even visit, such as Deandre Daniels. :)

We've had our share of success with southeastern recruits, Ray (SC), Sam Funches (Miss?), FL (Shad), etc. Maybe Purvis will be the next. The latest tweeks do sound more promising, but until he announces, I'm not going jump to any conclusions.

Reaction Score
This sounds like an awfully familiar scenario when it comes to recruits from the southeast that come up to visit UConn. Brandon Bass, CJ Leslie and others like to take advantage of their visits and in the end decide to stay close to home. We seem to do better when we jump in at the last moment with recruits who don't even visit, such as Deandre Daniels. :)

We've had our share of success with southeastern recruits, Ray (SC), Sam Funches (Miss?), FL (Shad), etc. Maybe Purvis will be the next. The latest tweeks do sound more promising, but until he announces, I'm not going jump to any conclusions.

Except that Purvis' visit to Storrs was an unofficial. UCONN didn't pay for it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

Nobody expected us to land Stanley at the time.

Reaction Score
Except that Purvis' visit to Storrs was an unofficial. UCONN didn't pay for it.

Official or unofficial, not sure why it would make a difference. I don't know if this is the case, but Purvis might have already taken his 5 visits or at least committed to them before he decided to visit UConn.

Reaction Score
Official or unofficial, not sure why it would make a difference. I don't know if this is the case, but Purvis might have already taken his 5 visits or at least committed to them before he decided to visit UConn.

When you mentioned recruits just "taking advantage of their visits", I was thinking in terms of a free trip to a school (the official visit), not the kid's family paying for a 700 mile trip for the two or three of them. Seems like a waste unless you're definitely interested in the school.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
you visit uconn and get interest to seal the deal from another school that sees uconn as a threat.

Reaction Score
When you mentioned recruits just "taking advantage of their visits", I was thinking in terms of a free trip to a school (the official visit), not the kid's family paying for a 700 mile trip for the two or three of them. Seems like a waste unless you're definitely interested in the school.

You do make a good point. I was thinking of taking advantage of the experience, but at his own dime, does seem to point to genuine interest.

Reaction Score
You do make a good point. I was thinking of taking advantage of the experience, but at his own dime, does seem to point to genuine interest.

I'm surprised more kids don't make an official visit to the U of Hawaii! ;)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Great point alexd, I'd like to make a trip there NOW myself.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im pretty sure hawaii has different rules than everyone else. i know that ooc teams have specific rules for scheduling games wioth them on visits and return vistis, i think there are some recruiting rules as well that make kids trying to just fake a trip for vaca very hard.

Reaction Score
I am going along with the thinking that the timing of this favors UConn. At the very least you have to think UConn is one of the top two Purvis is considering.

I may be going off of the amazing run UConn is on right now in thinking that Purvis is coming to UConn, but I just have a good feeling here.

More than anything I don't want him going to Louisville to play for that idiot Rick "wah let me blog" Pitino.

Reaction Score
I think his friend saying he will "shock the world" is either a reference to us winning the NC last year or that he might pick the NCCU or whatever that non-basketball playing school is near his home. If the kid knows something it might point to the ovi choice NCSU being out.

Reaction Score
I am almost positive that this 'friend' knows nothing. It's just a thing kids say, I've seen stuff like that on twitter for every top recruit.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
On the recent formal announcements by recruits we have been 0-2. Dunn announced to PC and AD to W&M. We are doing much better with recruiting outside of the formal announcement platform. Of course past performance......

Reaction Score
On the recent formal announcements by recruits we have been 0-2. Dunn announced to PC and AD to W&M. We are doing much better with recruiting outside of the formal announcement platform. Of course past performance......

I was thinking of this earlier. Roscoe had a formal announcement and chose Uconn but Joseph, Knight, Selby, Leslie, etc. all had formal announcements and obviously chose to go elsewhere. Not many had really heard of Lamb or Bradley (and the two Germans who were completely unknown) when they committed so those were not expected, Napier and Drummond weren't even in the classes in which year they eventually committed at the time of their random announcements, most people didn't even know we were recruiting Daniels, and we were strong with Calhoun but his timing was unexpected. I think there was some buzz around Olander committing but can anyone think of the most recent recruit other than Roscoe who had an announcement date that fans were anticipating and chose Uconn? Its probably because a lot of these guys were not very high profile so they weren't having picking hat ceremonies.

Reaction Score
People still have NCSU as the leader by a good margin. This is why I love and hate recruiting at the same time. Sometimes it is better to just ignore it and see what happens.

Remember all the kids we followed last year and we wound up with one of them (AD) in the wrong year and at the last minute. RB and DD where never even discussed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom