Purvis still fine-tuning. | The Boneyard

Purvis still fine-tuning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone should suggest to him that he set a goal to buy one in two years.

Reaction Score
You know if he makes it to the NBA he's getting a red ferrari just for fun lol

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'm looking out a) for the reprise of "Purvis is a used pinto" and b) the carnage that will inevitably follow.
I know you're not referring to me, but I never liked the pinto analogy. He wasn't awful. He was a 2014 Camry. Didn't wow us, but was there and steady.

Toward the end of the year he looked better and better. When Boat was out, he really stepped up and got aggressive going to the basket.

Reaction Score
Rodney is a great athlete and scorer and a very nice kid. He will carry the team in some games this season, but don't expect him to shoot 90% from the free throw line or display the court awareness of Shabazz. That's just not who he is. The rust is gone now and he will have a very good junior season, of that I am sure.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I know you're not referring to me, but I never liked the pinto analogy. He wasn't awful. He was a 2014 Camry. Didn't wow us, but was there and steady.

Toward the end of the year he looked better and better. When Boat was out, he really stepped up and got aggressive going to the basket.

He was the antithesis of a Camry for most of the season. Inconsistency was his only consistent trait. 20 point games followed by 3 point games. In that regard he actual was a Ferrari. Tempermental but thrilling when fully engaged.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
He was the antithesis of a Camry for most of the season. Inconsistency was his only consistent trait. 20 point games followed by 3 point games. In that regard he actual was a Ferrari. Tempermental but thrilling when fully engaged.
True. I guess I didn't portray what I really meant. I meant steady in the sense that he gave good effort. Whether that translated to scoring or playing well is a different story.

I just think calling him a pinto was a bit harsh. Camry is a decent mid-level car, which is what he played like most of the season. Sure he was up and down...but the effort was there.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Agree, if anything a Camry is the definition of "consistency", Purvis is more like a VW.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Agree, if anything a Camry is the definition of "consistency", Purvis is more like a VW.
Purvis?
VW-Thing-002.jpg

Reaction Score
To me he was heading towards being our best player on the floor. Obviously Ryan was our best but man RP was looking like a man amongst boys. He will be almost unstoppable by march.

Reaction Score
To me he was heading towards being our best player on the floor. Obviously Ryan was our best but man RP was looking like a man amongst boys. He will be almost unstoppable by march.

Not sure about the "VW" talk people are whacked! Certainly get his inconsistencies but he was becoming a much better player by years end.

Reaction Score
IN the ASU game, he dominated. If that carries over, he'll be awesome this year.

Reaction Score
Not sure about the "VW" talk people are whacked! Certainly get his inconsistencies but he was becoming a much better player by years end.
Are VW's considered inconsistent, unreliable? I drive a VW Passat and love it.

Reaction Score
Are VW's considered inconsistent, unreliable? I drive a VW Passat and love it.

No they aren't but I think you know I was going Ferrari vs VW in relative comparison. If it hurt you or your car I sincerely apologize.

Reaction Score
No they aren't but I think you know I was going Ferrari vs VW in relative comparison. If it hurt you or your car I sincerely apologize.
My feelings aren't hurt, just didn't think they were known for being unreliable. Thanks for not making a terrible Purvis car joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom