Purvis returning | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Purvis returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I got a lot of crap from a lot of people a few months ago for saying there was absolutely no way he leaves when everyone was so sure he wasn't coming back.

I don't recall many people being sure he wouldn't come back, but it doesn't surprise me if people questioned your "absolute" certainty, because it wasn't absolutely certain before now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
ImpressionableCheapGermanspaniel.gif

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Good for him. I like the guy and think he still has another level. The glimpses hopefully he can turn to consistency and make a ton of money after next year. Our team seems more fun/ likeable with him on it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's not strength, it's size. He has small hands.

So did Barkey, he dunks with two hands.

Glad Rodney is staying. Expecting great things from a true Husky warrior.

Reaction Score
I got a lot of crap from a lot of people a few months ago for saying there was absolutely no way he leaves when everyone was so sure he wasn't coming back.
You got crap because you were wondering why everyone thought he was leaving to go to the NBA.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
His small hands are a hindrance, but that's no excuse for getting stripped going up for a layup numerous times. He needs to learn how to adjust his shot while taking contact and not fading back to avoid it. He almost should just run into defenders a few times to give them a taste of what's coming if they keep trying to be physical, because Purvis should be able to take the physical grind. Either way it's still great to have him back, but he has the potential to easily score 20ppg next year with improved FT shooting and the ability to make contact layups.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
You got crap because you were wondering why everyone thought he was leaving to go to the NBA.
No I got crap for saying reading into something he said before the season started about not being here in the future was stupid. People were sure that because he said something like "even though I won't be playing with some of these players..." meant it was a done deal he was leaving.

Reaction Score
Must be some good poon tang he is getting!!! J/k

Glad to have him back. I hope he is on a mission to improve his skill set so that NBA teams pay attention to him.

Reaction Score
No I got crap for saying reading into something he said before the season started about not being here in the future was stupid. People were sure that because he said something like "even though I won't be playing with some of these players..." meant it was a done deal he was leaving.
Well a couple of people kept posting, "Why do you think Rodney is leaving for the NBA?" Sorry for assuming you were one of those posters, so glad to have him back.

Reaction Score
He accepted my snapchat friend request roughly the same time he tweeted he was coming back. Coincidence?

Reaction Score
Thought he was a goner, never been more happy to be incorrect. Without him ,uconns perimeter core would have been treading in dangerous waters... Now he allows Gilbert to ease into a big role

Reaction Score
What good are layup drills going to do? I guarantee you he hits every layup in practice; the question is contested layups and ones at game speed.

He can work on his layups. His biggest probem is that he goes 100% at speed and never slows up. He never gets vertical. He can certainly learn to use his body more by setting up his vertical leap and drawing fouls.

I used to think Rodney avoided contact because he was bad from the free throw line, and that it had gone to his head, forcing him to get the ball up as quickly as possible. He looks spastic sometimes when he goes up for layups. More confidence with FTs and a different approach could work wonders for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom