Purvis Really? | The Boneyard

Purvis Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
your 0 for 5 from 3 and you jack up another one in a critical possession when Hamilton has been on fire

Reaction Score
ok - I vent and then he hits the next one. I will say this - he doesn't lack confidence. I just don't have confidence in his 3pt or free throw stroke

Reaction Score
This forum needs to learn to STFU, I swear the majority of OPs of these brilliant mid-game threads end up looking stupid.

Do you fools really want to be that guy that badly?

Reaction Score
This forum needs to learn to STFU, I swear the majority of OPs of these brilliant mid-game threads end up looking stupid.

Do you fools really want to be that guy that badly?
nah he shouldnt "stfu" and no he wasn't "that guy" , he was dead on. If u didnt watch the game ill give you the black and white on purvis which is similar to his last game. The dude was 5/14 from the floor 1/7 from 3. Go ahead come up with some sort of rebuttal for your post that ended up looking stupid.

Reaction Score
nah he shouldnt "stfu" and no he wasn't "that guy" , he was dead on. If u didnt watch the game ill give you the black and white on purvis which is similar to his last game. The dude was 5/14 from the floor 1/7 from 3. Go ahead come up with some sort of rebuttal for your post that ended up looking stupid.
Try to zoom out and see the bigger picture.

Reaction Score

No great shooters for UConn have ever been 5 for 14? Please people are just plain stupid. He needs to shoot the ball and make some for us to be any good. I suppose you guys want TSam out there so no one will guard him right? He guards people, he's an option most others just aren't. Live with reality because the options are few and far between.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No great shooters for UConn have ever been 5 for 14? Please people are just plain stupid. He needs to shoot the ball and make some for us to be any good. I suppose you guys want TSam out there so no one will guard him right? He guards people, he's an option most others just aren't. Live with reality because the options are few and far between.
Exactly. TSam and OC shoot worse than Rodney and don't play defense as good as Rodney. DHam is very good on offense when defenses are over guarding Ryan but his defense is almost as bad as OC. And Rodney is nursing his wrist.

He's the player that this forum has chosen to be angry with. Every year there is a player that people need to gang up against when the team is struggling.

Reaction Score
Dude is just straight bad point blank. All he does is shoot and he isnt even a good 3pt shooter so what are we getting out of him. I wonder if he still knows how to dunk. Cant believe he was a Mcdonalds All American.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Dude is just straight bad point blank. All he does is shoot and he isnt even a good 3pt shooter so what are we getting out of him. I wonder if he still knows how to dunk. Cant believe he was a Mcdonalds All American.
So you don't value defense?

Reaction Score
Exactly. TSam and OC shoot worse than Rodney and don't play defense as good as Rodney. DHam is very good on offense when defenses are over guarding Ryan but his defense is almost as bad as OC. And Rodney is nursing his wrist.

He's the player that this forum has chosen to be angry with. Every year there is a player that people need to gang up against when the team is struggling.
Are you kidding? This forum's saltiness can't be channeled at a single player. Not physically possible. The level of anger has to be divided. And so for every Purvis bashing thread, we get at least one Nolan thread.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Are you kidding? This forum's saltiness can't be channeled at a single player. Not physically possible. The level of anger has to be divided. And so for every Purvis bashing thread, we get at least one Nolan thread.
Shhh! Don't wake up those fools please!

Reaction Score

Come on now.

Peeps are frustrated because they read the press, hear the coach rave, and see the body from Mt Olympus and logically have great expectations.

Instead we see a very inconsistent, seemingly unfocused, occasionally dumb player that doesn't seem to know how use his abundant gifts to his or the teams advantage. Nor does he seem to effort to correct his oft repeated mistakes.

He is the quintessential "little girl with a the curl" when good he is very very good, and when he's bad, for a guy with his gifts, he's seen as horrid.

Our team is young, relatively inexperienced and rather immature.
Hopefully this is not the finished product.

Feel bad for RB though.

Reaction Score
Come on now.

Peeps are frustrated because they read the press, hear the coach rave, and see the body from Mt Olympus and logically have great expectations.

Instead we see a very inconsistent, seemingly unfocused, occasionally dumb player that doesn't seem to know how use his abundant gifts to his or the teams advantage. Nor does he seem to effort to correct his oft repeated mistakes.

He is the quintessential "little girl with a the curl" when good he is very very good, and when he's bad, for a guy with his gifts, he's seen as horrid.

Feel bad for RB though.
He may be physically gifted, but his basketball talents have been grossly overrated. Pretty good defense, but not a ball-handler, not a passer, and not a shooter, from anywhere. Not a very high BB IQ either from what I've seen this year. Can get streaky though, and that's why he's playing. Poor Boat is being denied by 3 people every game. Someone desperately needs to help.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Come on now.

Feel bad for RB though.
I find most people make the same mistakes throughout life. In that case RP is normal. For instance we've advised people in this forum not to form any opinions about players until they actually observed a season of play. And yet every year people buy into the hype without seeing one game.

And then we have people advising people not to buy into the hype only to observe that every year they are wasting their effort offering this advice. And yet people continue to offer the advice and get frustrated.

Funny how those of us that continuously make repeated mistakes struggle with others who continuously make repeated mistakes.

Here's what I'm working on. I watch the game and try to evaluate play with the least amount of frustration as possible. I don't mean the bs type where I claim it and am burning up inside. Nor do I want to lose interest and passion with the team. I mean a genuine change in not be negatively affected by a situation I can't control. Man is that tough. I'll let you know when I'm there.

But no matter how frustrated I get with any player or poster, the one thing I will always do is resist the temptation to pile on when every one else feels the need to do so. Venting is one thing. The need to take vengeance is another.

Reaction Score
Hell if this these things are said about Purvis' shooting, Cassell will be served up on a silver platter. Perhaps he shouldn't come back especially if he is sensitive.

Some of you all are brutal on these kids.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
All I have to say is that Adams starts at the two next year and either TSam or a new guy at point. Whether Facey or Enoch can play at the 4 will decide where DHam play.
And its not Purvis' mediocre shooting that is the problem. It's the rest of his game. Catching balls out of bounds, failing to rebound for his size, not being able to dribble for his position, turning the ball over in the lane and most importantly bricking free throws as a shooting driving guard. Purvis makes no one on this team better. He makes them worse. Memphis did not bother to guard him at the three, choosing to triple Boat.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
All I have to say is that Adams starts at the two next year and either TSam or a new guy at point. Whether Facey or Enoch can play at the 4 will decide where DHam play.
And its not Purvis' mediocre shooting that is the problem. It's the rest of his game. Catching balls out of bounds, failing to rebound for his size, not being able to dribble for his position, turning the ball over in the lane and most importantly bricking free throws as a shooting driving guard. Purvis makes no one on this team better. He makes them worse. Memphis did not bother to guard him at the three, choosing to triple Boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom