Purvis Probable vs Texas | The Boneyard

Purvis Probable vs Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Good news that no x-ray was needed. He's not practicing tomorrow but probable to play Sunday, per the hoarde. We'll need him.

William Paxton ‏@wspaxton 3m3 minutes ago
No x-rays for Rodney Purvis, #UConn calling it left ankle sprain. Not expected to practice tomorrow and probable for Texas game.

Ed Daigneault ‏@EdDaigneault 3m3 minutes ago
Per UConn, Rodney Purvis has a left ankle sprain. No x-Ray. Won't practice Thursday but listed as probable for Texas on Sunday.

Neill Ostrout ‏@NeillOstrout 3m3 minutes ago
UConn G Rodney Purvis' ankle is "responding well" to treatment. He probably won't practice Thursday but is probable to play Sunday vs. Texas

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hope he's healthy and 100 percent for sunday. What about omar and Lubin?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, I can't believe the lengths to which he is going to fake this injury, just to cover up for that silly missed dunk.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
... and no x-rays were taken. Why not, if there truly was an injury? Could this be what Huggins was discussing with refs all game? Were Lubin and Omar going to talk? Is that why they were removed from the team? Will Purvis stop at nothing to hide his secrets? Where there is smoke...

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Good news that no x-ray was needed. He's not practicing tomorrow but probable to play Sunday, per the hoarde. We'll need him.

William Paxton ‏@wspaxton 3m3 minutes ago
No x-rays for Rodney Purvis, #UConn calling it left ankle sprain. Not expected to practice tomorrow and probable for Texas game.

Ed Daigneault ‏@EdDaigneault 3m3 minutes ago
Per UConn, Rodney Purvis has a left ankle sprain. No x-Ray. Won't practice Thursday but listed as probable for Texas on Sunday.

Neill Ostrout ‏@NeillOstrout 3m3 minutes ago
UConn G Rodney Purvis' ankle is "responding well" to treatment. He probably won't practice Thursday but is probable to play Sunday vs. Texas
What about the hand injury?

Reaction Score
Wow, I can't believe the lengths to which he is going to fake this injury, just to cover up for that silly missed dunk.
I mean it was a pretty big deal- as our loveable genius buddy observed, that missed dunk was the turning point of the game. It's basically his fault we lost

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Hope he's healthy and 100 percent for sunday. What about omar and Lubin?
The fact we are getting info on Purvis but not the suspended 4 concerns me. If it was a curfew break misdemeanor I feel like that would have come out with the injury news.

Reaction Score
The fact we are getting info on Purvis but not the suspended 4 concerns me. If it was a curfew break misdemeanor I feel like that would have come out with the injury news.
Or maybe the team doesn't feel the need to tell the whole world about every little thing that happened. What could they possibly have done?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Or maybe the team doesn't feel the need to tell the whole world about every little thing that happened. What could they possibly have done?
I don't care what they did. I don't want that information, nor wish to speculate on what they did. It just strikes me that getting information on Purvis' status for Sunday but not a clear indication that Rock and Omar are available suggests the suspension is longer than 1 game and that worries me.

Reaction Score
I don't care what they did. I don't want that information, nor wish to speculate on what they did. It just strikes me that getting information on Purvis' status for Sunday but not a clear indication that Rock and Omar are available suggests the suspension is longer than 1 game and that worries me.
They also aren't Ferraris that are supposd/expected to lead the scoring attack, or anything for that matter

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm guessing they investigated when they got back to campus and found out that Calhoun was going out for a late night treatment on his injury so he'd be ready for the game, Rock went along as muscle cause things can get tough on the late night streets of Puerto Rico and the two walkons came along to open doors and push elevator buttons so no other injuries would be incurred.

With that kind of commitment to the team, all 4 will start and they are just waiting til pregame to announce that so Texas doesn't have time to game plan for it.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
They also aren't Ferraris that are supposd/expected to lead the scoring attack, or anything for that matter
So? They are guys that should get minutes. I don't think it's an unreasonable opinion to read into it a bit. I may be wrong. I do love when your sassy board policing falls my way though. Don't ever change Rock.

Reaction Score
So? They are guys that should get minutes. I don't think it's an unreasonable opinion to read into it a bit. I may be wrong. I do love when your sassy board policing falls my way though. Don't ever change Rock.
That first sentence is arguable, but the point is that the reason they were suspended is inconsequential, other than, like with the location of an injury, to maybe speculate as to how long we can expect them to be out.

I just see the specualtion as ultimatrly pointless and I'm putting the thought out there that maybe the mental energy used for that speculation could be better directed. Like at debating who makes the best pizza.

Reaction Score

I don't think there is such a thing as a misdemeanor violation of team rules in KO's worldview. It's all felony.

Even if it was only a curfew violation, I suspect he told them they have to prove to him that they deserve to dress with the team. In that light, I don't think it's particularly telling one way or another that we haven't heard anything new on their status.

Reaction Score
I mean it was a pretty big deal- as our loveable genius buddy observed, that missed dunk was the turning point of the game. It's basically his fault we lost
I mean well. I'm crazy, but I mean well. I just call it as I see it, especially when I'm drunk. "In vino veritas"!

C

Chief00

Purvis is the type that needs to be nearly 100% healthy to be effective - since it's more about athleticism than skill.

Reaction Score
The early suspensions are good because it sets the tone on what will not be tolerated and frankly I would rather see it now than in March. We need a healthy Rodney but we really need an effective Omar to be an option for the 3 ball. Is he playing?

H

huskymagic

I'm still worried about Purvis' hand, why has there been no report on his hand???

John that was funny it actually made me laugh. However, I am more worried about Purvis's head because I think he might be suffering from DRS
or also known as Derrick Rose Syndrome. Happy Thanksgiving!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If they were arrested we would have heard about it.
I want Tyler Phommachanh know about Omar's recovery, though.

H

huskymagic

If you think Purvis' game is more about skill than his strength, speed, and athleticism, then you are wrong

He doesn't he just thought it was an unnecessary insult. Everyone knows that Purvis's game is based on athleticism as evidenced by what we have seen. If we don't win the Texas game at home changes to the lineup are forthcoming I assume from KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom