Purdue's Post Mortem | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Purdue's Post Mortem

Reaction Score
The Sunday Zoom call media tweets suddenly stopped after the last one…

Reaction Score
Spanos lost his father to Covid last week:

Spanos, his voice painfully hoarse from his first week as head coach, “brought new energy into the building,” Krajewski said, but he was also coaching with a heavy heart, having lost his father to COVID-19 a few days after getting his head coaching opportunity. Spanos kept his grief private, just told his players to call their parents, tell them they love them.

And he asked for more patience, despite another cartoonish loss.

“Fans, I know don’t want to hear, ‘Be patient,’” Spanos said, “but, please be patient. We’re trying to get this right. We’re going to get this right.”

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
This should be UConn's post-mortem; we're the ones who got killed.

Reaction Score
Spanos lost his father to Covid last week:

Spanos, his voice painfully hoarse from his first week as head coach, “brought new energy into the building,” Krajewski said, but he was also coaching with a heavy heart, having lost his father to COVID-19 a few days after getting his head coaching opportunity. Spanos kept his grief private, just told his players to call their parents, tell them they love them.

And he asked for more patience, despite another cartoonish loss.

“Fans, I know don’t want to hear, ‘Be patient,’” Spanos said, “but, please be patient. We’re trying to get this right. We’re going to get this right.”

I just want to personally thank Coach Spanos for guiding UConn Football through a tumultuous week with grace & dignity. To do it all while losing his father during the same week is going beyond the call of duty.

I know the result on Saturday was nowhere near what we were hoping to see. But I really appreciate his efforts and truly believe he’ll do whatever possible to get this team to improve.

Spanos is an easy guy to root for.

I wish him & his family peace and comfort.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom