Purdue Post Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Purdue Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Consecutively, UConn played the Kenpom rated #3, #2, and #4 offenses in the NCAA this year and got these results:
  1. Elite 8 - Illinois averaged 84.4 per game - scored 52
  2. Final 4 - Alabama averaged 90.8 per game - scored 72
  3. Final - Purdue averaged 83.4 - scored 60
Of course UConn was the Kenpom #1 rated offense, but the defense set the tone for this team.
I would say that it was our offense that tired Zach in this game making his offense ineffectual for a good ten minutes until we let him score at the end. When Hurley said we were essentially bullet proof he said it because the statistics back up how efficient we were on both offense and defense. And that is a formula that makes a formidable team.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I know we complain all the time about not getting respect from ESPN, but maybe that's starting to change. I know this is completely meaningless, and the lineup will definitely change, but ranking this projected lineup #4 is a clear sign of respect for what Hurley has built

View attachment 99280
Just silly projecting this as a starting lineup. Wait until Hurley and staff start filling out the roster and are done with the portal. Also as mentioned good chance Karaban and Diarra return as well.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I would say that it was our offense that tired Zach in this game making his offense ineffectual for a good ten minutes until we let him score at the end. When Hurley said we were essentially bullet proof he said it because the statistics back up how efficient we were on both offense and defense. And that is a formula that makes a formidable team.
Now and in time to be.

Reaction Score
Flash makes better TikTok content than ball movement.

To PP's comment, of the six NCs, last night was on the lower end of drama. I've been saying all year that Purdue couldn't beat UConn. Thus there was little suspense for me, and I guess I experienced the smugness of a late 90s Yankees fan, just enjoying nearly flawless execution. But I wouldn't have called it "boring".
They barely watched the beginning. Keyshawn said he split the screen with the Dodgers.

Meanwhile, basketball fans were rocked by the first 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
Was it just me or did it seem like every announcer / commentator in the tourney was blatantly rooting against us? They spent 90% of the time complimenting, discussing the other team (Pre-game / Halftime / in game) and little attention to what our team was doing / accomplishing.

Clear example was last night is when Rafferty (without missing a beat) declared, after Cam absorbed a HARD foul - Bill quipped “he knows how to sell it,” Really Bill? Liked how you also clammed up as the replay showed how bad the foul was… Classy.

It seemed like every halftime / pregame / Game Call was 90% on the other team, and very little about the significance of what UConn was doing. A bit disrespected in my book. If this was a Duke/NC/Kentucky team doing what we did, they would be lathering them with praise / attention. For us, they only came around when they had to… Barkley looked like he has personally lost the game when he had to give Uconn the respect we deserved.. Sorry Chuck.

So I was hoping Dan would be a bit more reflective in his post game comments….But after the treatment we got this year- kinda of see where Dan felt the need to take the opportunity to remind people that we are the most successful program in last 30 years.
Wow, I'm surprised by that. I don't know how much more could have been said about us. I heard every stat about our domination. Keep in mind, part of the announcers' job is to keep people tuned in to the game. They can't drone on about the dominance too much or more people would start turning it off.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Exce
Great read in case you missed it; includes some enlightening info on Luke Murray's role:

Excellent read. Finally, a very coherent explanation about this incredible offense. Thanks!!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
It was late in the game and the final result was already known, but Edey completely bulldozed Karaban a couple times (I thought Karaban took an elbow to his face, but it was actually Edey's shoulder). Looked like fouls to me, but then again when you have a 6'8" guy defending a 7'4" 300 pound guy, I guess that's what it's supposed to look like.
It was late in one paly he stuck his elbow out and moved Karaban out of the way for an easier shot. Ian Eagle could be heard in real time saying ooofff when Karaban caught that elbow

Reaction Score
JUST TO CONFIRM IT. WE ARE THE BEST TEAM THIS SEASON.
The best team the past TWO seasons. It's interesting to go back to the dark days of December-January and listen/watch all the sports prognosticators as they hype up any number of teams at various times - Houston, Purdue, Ill, TennAla, UNC,Duke etc. - and at the end the way it's turned out. Have to give credit to Dan. He never shied away from saying rightfully so that UConn should always have been ranked #1. Now he, the coaching staff and players get complete vindication and satisfaction.
Husky strong. Amazing.

Reaction Score
If anyone wants to talk about players staying longer in college back then. Cam just turned 24 and Tristen is an old man of college basketball. This is the best we've seen.
I dont even get into that debate when i say its the best team ive ever seen im comparing it to just how much better they are to their competition.

Reaction Score
If you love the nerdy part of basketball, UConn is probably one of the most fun teams you’ll have watched in history. They run sets that NBA players probably couldn’t execute because they’re too complex

If you like (or work in a field where you have to highlight) flashy individual plays, UConn is definitely not the team for you

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Can we please give Samson his flowers? After his 2nd foul I was legitimately sweating with anxiety in a way I hadn't before in the tournament. In the 2nd, he obviously couldn't best Edey physically 1-on-1 but the fronting and the constant battling for position, that undoubtedly had an effect on tiring him out. He fought so hard to battle through his disadvantage and his cumulative efforts added up on Edey.

As always, his dunks are the demoralizing cherry on top of disappointment cake for the other team. Was really an admirable job in an arguably already decided contest for his match up.
No question. And agree about using Samson to help tire Edey out.

Samson also performed the Travis Knight:
[Travis Knight] holds the NBA Playoff record for quickest disqualification, having fouled out in six minutes in game 4 of the 1999 Western Conference semi-finals.[4]
He had 5 in 5 minutes, whereas Travis had 6 in 6.

Reaction Score
Wow, I'm surprised by that. I don't know how much more could have been said about us. I heard every stat about our domination. Keep in mind, part of the announcers' job is to keep people tuned in to the game. They can't drone on about the dominance too much or more people would start turning it off.
They spent halftime trying to analyze/coach Purdue back into the game and win it. So at least that part is correct. We know where they're coming from so it's okay. Annoying but used to it.

Reaction Score
Consecutively, UConn played the Kenpom rated #3, #2, and #4 offenses in the NCAA this year and got these results:
  1. Elite 8 - Illinois averaged 84.4 per game - scored 52
  2. Final 4 - Alabama averaged 90.8 per game - scored 72
  3. Final - Purdue averaged 83.4 - scored 60
Of course UConn was the Kenpom #1 rated offense, but the defense set the tone for this team.
Was I misremembering that we were #1 in both offense and defense in KP heading into the tourney?

Reaction Score
They barely watched the beginning. Keyshawn said he split the screen with the Dodgers.

Meanwhile, basketball fans were rocked by the first 10 minutes.

SERIOUSLY, the first 10 minutes (and arguably most of the rest of the 1st half, though did flag by halftime) were incredible basketball

Reaction Score
My brother and I were at the game and just wow. This is my 6th time going since 2004 and it was my favorite game. Loved the game plan to shut down everybody e and let Edey get his. Funny thing Edey was bothered by Clingans height and waa only 8-17 when the game mattered. He was 7-8 when clingan was in foul trouble, johnson and karaban covered him. Purdue fans where awful as we got stuck with in section 112. Spitting and hitting on the back of my head. The guy and his other friend were drunk and had ro get quieted down by a girl who came with the. One of the guys was passed out @ halftime. Lol! Second half we moved to 125 and while a lille in the corner was a better experience to he with uconn fans.

We went to the after party after get a cameo appearance on sportscaster when panning the crowd which was cool. Too bad the after party had no free drinks like last year and only a couple players Cam and Singare came down to mingle with us for awhile. Last year the players were all mingling with fans. The rest of the players were with the big donors upstairs. At least I got yo high five all the players and Hurley and touch the championship trophy that Cam waa holding like his baby. Lol!

Great season to go back to back.so dominantly snd shut down those obnoxious Pudure fans who acted they had 5 championships before the game. Now let's go for seven. GO UConn!!!!

Reaction Score
Was it just me or did it seem like every announcer / commentator in the tourney was blatantly rooting against us? They spent 90% of the time complimenting, discussing the other team (Pre-game / Halftime / in game) and little attention to what our team was doing / accomplishing.

Clear example was last night is when Rafferty (without missing a beat) declared, after Cam absorbed a HARD foul - Bill quipped “he knows how to sell it,” Really Bill? Liked how you also clammed up as the replay showed how bad the foul was… Classy.

It seemed like every halftime / pregame / Game Call was 90% on the other team, and very little about the significance of what UConn was doing. A bit disrespected in my book. If this was a Duke/NC/Kentucky team doing what we did, they would be lathering them with praise / attention. For us, they only came around when they had to… Barkley looked like he has personally lost the game when he had to give Uconn the respect we deserved.. Sorry Chuck.

So I was hoping Dan would be a bit more reflective in his post game comments….But after the treatment we got this year- kinda of see where Dan felt the need to take the opportunity to remind people that we are the most successful program in last 30 years.

Chuck been hating UConn for ages; never forget he picked against us 6 times in 2014 and we proved him wrong 6 times!

Reaction Score
Chuck been hating UConn for ages; never forget he picked against us 6 times in 2014 and we proved him wrong 6 times!
Chuck always picks the wrong team. He is the worst analyst on air and they just like him for a punching bag of jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom