Purdue (-32) @ UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Purdue (-32) @ UConn

Reaction Score
Big ten version of Jerry rice.. and no I’m not saying he will be that good in the NFL.. that’s often circumstantial. I was one of the Purdue fans saying “wait, we have Milton Wright coming in (alabama offer four star) with bell.. why is bell so much better allegedly when he’s an inch shorter and runs a 4.5-4.55 (vs Wright at sub 4.4).

technically speaking he’s the finest receiver I’ve ever seen in college in terms of route running, working a defender and a defense, catching everything and always catching the ball on the run with an amazing awareness of where the defense is.

karlaftis is a lot like Ohio states chase young. After that it’s a pretty big drop off to the next best players.. cory trice, Payne Durham, cam Allen, Milton Wright and Zander horvath. None is nearly as good as bell or karlaftis…

even if Purdue is going to get worked (like we probably will against ND), I always like to know who we are playing against
Oo yea that’s why I said A Rob because of the route running and catch radius, bell is my favorite college receiver, karlaftis is a future 1st Rounder as well, hopefully you guys can get his lil bro who I heard will be even better

Reaction Score
Oo yea that’s why I said A Rob because of the route running and catch radius, bell is my favorite college receiver, karlaftis is a future 1st Rounder as well, hopefully you guys can get his lil bro who I heard will be even better
You mean the youngest karlaftis? LB Yanni karlaftis is already on campus enrolled in January .. didn’t play the first game cause Jalen Graham was a beast.

my bad on arob.. i don’t really follow the nfl much anymore. Randy Edsall could not have been doing worse than the Mccaskey family.

Reaction Score
You mean the youngest karlaftis? LB Yanni karlaftis is already on campus enrolled in January .. didn’t play the first game cause Jalen Graham was a beast.

my bad on arob.. i don’t really follow the nfl much anymore. Randy Edsall could not have been doing worse than the Mccaskey family.
I didn’t even hear that he enrolled for spring practice that is good!

Reaction Score
I didn’t even hear that he enrolled for spring practice that is good!
Yeah.. coming off a hammy that had a long recovery time, was just cleared for camp a month ago. He won’t play a lot vs you guys if he even does, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him come in for Jalen Graham IF we take a big lead.

Reaction Score
Yeah.. coming off a hammy that had a long recovery time, was just cleared for camp a month ago. He won’t play a lot vs you guys if he even does, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him come in for Jalen Graham IF we take a big lead.
Oo y’all will take more than a big lead TRUST ME lol

Reaction Score
Lol. Yep.

Just once I want to hear them say..."ya know...they didn't look good last week. That QB is a turnover machine and the defense looks porous. Should be an easy win for us. "
I hope that’s what they say cuz then uconn will catch them slipping and catch a W or Atleast make it a good game to watch

Reaction Score
I’m excited about this game. I once again feel like the future has promise. Sad that I have to keep feeling this way because we’ve hit yet another low. I think the kids will be loose and will get after it better. On offense, I’m hoping we see something more exciting and progressive but I’m not sure if they have any of that in their repertoire. We’ll see now whether or not there is an actual offensive mind on staff.

Reaction Score
Boilermakers barely beat Beavers. THEY didn't look good. I am not a gambler (excepting Saratoga) ... but there is no way we give 34. Respect Bell. But that QB isn't good. That line is sketchy for their level. And WE are playing ... for Fun

Reaction Score
Seemed on almost every play UConn’s defense gave up 2+ yards after initial contact against Holy Cross. I absolutely hate watching that. Someone else said it, the score will be whatever Purdue wants it to be. I would guess they stop somewhere in the 50’s. UConn won’t do anything running, maybe a turnover or big pass/return play will get them some points. The margin likely will be 45+.

Reaction Score
If I were a betting person (which I am not) I'd give those points and go with the boilermakers.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Boilermakers barely beat Beavers. THEY didn't look good. I am not a gambler (excepting Saratoga) ... but there is no way we give 34. Respect Bell. But that QB isn't good. That line is sketchy for their level. And WE are playing ... for Fun
"That quarterback" just went 16-20 or for 245 with four touchdowns. In one half of play.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s not like andrezs Hughes-Murray is a baller or Omar speights, Avery roberts are outstanding defenders .. or beaver corner rezjohn Wright might be better than any corner UConn has for the next decade or anything like that.

purdue is a lot closer to notre dame than you guys are to us and this week my tone is gonna be hoping that if the boilers have an outstanding game … maybe just maybe we will be in the same position Toledo was in today. And after they close call, if we are in that position, it will take everything bell and karlaftis have.

did karlaftis stop your back from falling forward, throw him back onto his feet and hit him again? Pretty sure I’ve never seen that before

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah it’s not like andrezs Hughes-Murray is a baller or Omar speights, Avery roberts are outstanding defenders .. or beaver corner rezjohn Wright might be better than any corner UConn has for the next decade or anything like that.

purdue is a lot closer to notre dame than you guys are to us and this week my tone is gonna be hoping that if the boilers have an outstanding game … maybe just maybe we will be in the same position Toledo was in today. And after they close call, if we are in that position, it will take everything bell and karlaftis have.

did karlaftis stop your back from falling forward, throw him back onto his feet and hit him again? Pretty sure I’ve never seen that before
You really have to come back here and kick us while we're down? Get a life.

Reaction Score
Well, I for one, am not down. This was fully expected. What I still fail to understand, however, is why UConn still insists on running the ball more than once every five or six downs. Is this training for next year or something? I mean, by now it is clear that the only utility running plays have for UConn this year is to keep the opposing pass defense honest.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

ur school is named after a chicken company, and iffn that's not funny enuf, ur nickname is 'the broilers'.
switch to decafe, but get back to us iffn u win a title in any bigtime sport, ever.

Reaction Score

Purdue is nothing special we lose every week.

Reaction Score
Is there seriously a Purdue Fan S*** talking people here after beating this version of Uconn? Congrats on dominating a team that lost to a FCS School after squeaking by the worst team in The Pac 12 the week before. Purdue looks better than they've been, congrats on that, but me thinks the next two weeks may be very humbling to those looking to dunk on lesser programs like this dude.

Reaction Score
I did.. you guys just gotta hope you have good people in the AD. 6 years ago hazell had us getting blown up by Mac teams. Your AD, if good, can bring in your Jeff brohm or joe tiller.

we’ve been rolled up and smoked by northern Illinois. It doesn’t get worse than that dude. If your AD is good you’ll be back

Reaction Score
Is there seriously a Purdue Fan S*** talking people here after beating this version of Uconn? Congrats on dominating a team that lost to a FCS School after squeaking by the worst team in The Pac 12 the week before. Purdue looks better than they've been, congrats on that, but me thinks the next two weeks may be very humbling to those looking to dunk on lesser programs like this dude.
I didn’t like some of the stuff talking about “where you live in the big ten”

I more so thought it was comical that that guy thought plummer wasn’t good .. as though Oregon state just sucks.

if a Purdue fan comes out this week and says “notre dame.. not that good” and we lose by 21 I’ll roast him too

UConn is cool and will see better days. A couple of your fans are morons, but that’s every fan base

Reaction Score
I didn’t like some of the stuff talking about “where you live in the big ten”

I more so thought it was comical that that guy thought plummer wasn’t good .. as though Oregon state just sucks.

if a Purdue fan comes out this week and says “notre dame.. not that good” and we lose by 21 I’ll roast him too

UConn is cool and will see better days. A couple of your fans are morons, but that’s every fan base

Listen - I said we were horrendously bad and it showed yesterday. You really have to try to understand our situation to grasp how bad things have been around here and still are. We don't have the luxury of being in a P5 conference no matter how bad it gets for Purdue. We're a unique situation. We've been in hybrid leagues. Our basketball brand is our only selling point. Our football stock is at a historically all-time low. Conference realignment has destroyed us because 1) the criteria was always different for us and we were always the odd man looking out, and 2) our admins have made every single wrong move before/during/since at all the wrong times and our coaching moves have been our own destruction.

You don't have to worry whether Purdue will have a FBS football program in 5-10 years. We do with UConn.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom