Purdue (-32) @ UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Purdue (-32) @ UConn

Reaction Score
After being told for a week that their team would cover the spread, who comes back and brags "Haha, you told you so!"
No .. I have no issue with most UConn fans or UConn .. the dude who said plummer wasn’t that good and the other guy who was saying that teams in our section of the big Ten are beatable were morons

when Darrell hazell was our coach and I would tell Minnesota fans they’d beat us by 30, then they’d come back and talk smack to another guy who said their QB wasn’t that good … I didn’t take it personally

I think your team played as hard as they could but you don’t rank in the 80s in recruiting or whatever was being posted on our board and then have the ability to match players like trice, Hartwig, Allen, Durham and plummer let alone bell or karlaftis … your QB is one tough kid cause I couldn’t take that.

I don’t think we are great. ND should be a 10 point favorite and I’ll be happy with 6-6

good luck going forward … you next hire will either save or break you

Reaction Score
And when I say that, this team probably goes 9-3 playing our 2007 schedule. The big ten has gotten insanely tougher. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us lose 34-20 at notre dame .. some of the comments by your fans were still ridiculously stupid

Reaction Score
Read my post, instead of cherry picking every diss that some UConn fans here may have said about your precious team. Didn't your team make its point enough yesterday?

I personally have no problem with opposing fans being here, but read the frickin' room, man. We're at an all time low with no solutions for the near future. Think anyone's in the mood to hear your beefs?

Reaction Score
I’m thinking UConn runs the ball to shorten the game and protect the qb. Imagine 3 incomplete passes and a punt over and over. Brutal.

Reaction Score
Still nothing special. We lose to everyone.
Indiana state will play us tougher next year

never thought we were special. I think Iowa is the lower end of special .. we beat Iowa a lot but that’s just cause brohm is a terrible matchup for ferentz. We aren’t as good as Iowa.

I bet if I go back and read two weeks ago before Fresno state you were one of the people posting about how Purdue’s area of the big ten is beatable and all of that crap. Never thought I’d see a fan of a team we could have beat by 90 pulling the “just Purdue” stuff like you root for Wisconsin lol.

special? Who knows? More competitive with the 2001 Miami hurricanes than you were with us? Yeah lol. If we played the 05 Texas Longhorns I don’t think Vince young would be asleep in the 4th quarter while Texas had their 4th string QB in with true freshmen up and down the OL. Have a nice decade dude

Reaction Score

never thought we were special. I think Iowa is the lower end of special .. we beat Iowa a lot but that’s just cause brohm is a terrible matchup for ferentz. We aren’t as good as Iowa.

I bet if I go back and read two weeks ago before Fresno state you were one of the people posting about how Purdue’s area of the big ten is beatable and all of that crap. Never thought I’d see a fan of a team we could have beat by 90 pulling the “just Purdue” stuff like you root for Wisconsin lol.

special? Who knows? More competitive with the 2001 Miami hurricanes than you were with us? Yeah lol. If we played the 05 Texas Longhorns I don’t think Vince young would be asleep in the 4th quarter while Texas had their 4th string QB in with true freshmen up and down the OL. Have a nice decade dude

Still nothing special. We’d lose to the Sycamores, so you guys will have that in common. You’re as good as Indiana State.

Reaction Score

It is tough being a FBS program in the Northeast. Buffalo - Army - Temple ... all went through extended suck. We had a glorious Big East experience. Therefore, the calls for FCS is laughable. We have better football infrastructure than about 50 of the 135. If you want to think we will be Indiana State forever ... or Indiana Hoosiers. Go ahead. This is crazy in the present. A world where the USF team can go 10-2 a few years ago ... and now they are considered the dregs. Now UCF is reining and deserving.

Our peers say the Boilermakers and Rutgers are the bottom of the B10. You both didn't look it yesterday.

Reaction Score
It is tough being a FBS program in the Northeast. Buffalo - Army - Temple ... all went through extended suck. We had a glorious Big East experience. Therefore, the calls for FCS is laughable. We have better football infrastructure than about 50 of the 135. If you want to think we will be Indiana State forever ... or Indiana Hoosiers. Go ahead. This is crazy in the present. A world where the USF team can go 10-2 a few years ago ... and now they are considered the dregs. Now UCF is reining and deserving.

Our peers say the Boilermakers and Rutgers are the bottom of the B10. You both didn't look it yesterday.
Big ten is way tougher now.. If this team played joe tillers late schedules or danny hopes schedules we might be 9-3/10-2 .. as it stands I’ll be thrilled if Purdue goes 7-5.

as far as you guys go .. did I hear right? Do you not have a stadium in storrs and students have to go 25 miles to get to the game? I’d say if you’re gonna be competitive in p5 you need a stadium on campus

we were just where you guys are at now in 2014 .. getting blown out at home vs Mac teams. One good hire and who knows

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom