Pulido basket .... | The Boneyard

Pulido basket ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a beautiful exclamation point at the end of Briana's basketball career at UConn . I was so happy to see that shot swish through the hoop . The reaction on the bench was priceless and I can't recall seeing Chris Dailey jumping up & down that much before . As I recall Heather Buck had a great basket in a championship game to end her career also . The halftime feature on Miss Pulido was remarkable as well . See you all at the parade !!

HGN

Reaction Score
What a beautiful exclamation point at the end of Briana's basketball career at UConn . I was so happy to see that shot swish through the hoop . The reaction on the bench was priceless and I can't recall seeing Chris Dailey jumping up & down that much before . As I recall Heather Buck had a great basket in a championship game to end her career also . The halftime feature on Miss Pulido was remarkable as well . See you all at the parade !!
I too was very happy to see Pulido's shot go in.............Stood up from my seat clapping and raised both arms. Was happy for her and happy for the UConn victory.

ALL SENIORS SCORED.

Reaction Score
That was one of the best moments in the game. Despite the win, there weren't many moments of real excitement, exclamation point style. The reaction to her bucket was even better than when the horn sounded. That seems emblematic of the group of girls this is.

Reaction Score
That was one of the best moments in the game. Despite the win, there weren't many moments of real excitement, exclamation point style. The reaction to her bucket was even better than when the horn sounded. That seems emblematic of the group of girls this is.
This would make a good movie!

Reaction Score
I agree with all you guys. My wife (doesn't follow basketball or any sports for that matter) was like "Why are they so excited about that one basket?" I spent 10-12 minutes trying to explain the point behind all of our players and coaching staff excitement. But it was a special moment to top off a great night. Love our Huskies!!

Reaction Score
The story gets better if you didn't follow on twitter....her parents had horrific travel problems, having all flights grounded before finally driving from Florida to Indianapolis. Missed the semi-final game.

For them to finally get there and go through all of that and have their daughter get the ultimate "one shining moment" of this game, is awesome.

Reaction Score
Give a big shout out to Geno!!!! He told them to run the set for Polly. Usually, they would run the clock out. The players were caught off guard when Geno motioned for them to run the set. I guess that 2 hour shooting session paid off when the team was in Tulsa. All I heard was SWISH!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I didn't realize that "effort in practices didn't start out that way" (being a hard worker) when she started on the team. Or that she had to make a "180 in terms of her commitment and understanding what her role was and embracing that role."

Just goes to show that NO ONE is immune to the demands of effort that the coaches place on the players. I know it's been mentioned before, but even the "walk ons" are treated with the same level of expectation for effort and commitment as every other player on the team. It's so great to see and even greater to see the joy the players and coaches feel about the success of Polly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom