OT: - PSA's Desmond Claude to Commit 3:30 Today | The Boneyard

OT: PSA's Desmond Claude to Commit 3:30 Today

Reaction Score

New Haven's Desmond Claude is considered the #2 prospect in CT and the #88th prospect overall.

24 D1 offers, most recently from Kansas, Memphis and Louisville.

Big East teams in the mix include Xavier, Butler, Seton Hall, Providence, Creighton and Marquette.

Reaction Score
Nice! Hopefully he stays in the big east so his family can watch him play. I like seeing CT natives on the court against the good guys… as long as their team loses.

Reaction Score

New Haven's Desmond Claude is considered the #2 prospect in CT and the #88th prospect overall.

24 D1 offers, most recently from Kansas, Memphis and Louisville.

Big East teams in the mix include Xavier, Butler, Seton Hall, Providence, Creighton and Marquette.

Any idea why we weren't in the mix? No scholarships? We probably have less in-state kids come through the program than any major. Not knocking it at all, its all about winning. Just an observation. I have a hard time naming CT players. Drummond, Wiggins, Rash Jones, Burrell, Chris Smith, Edmund Saunders.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Any idea why we weren't in the mix? No scholarships? We probably have less in-state kids come through the program than any major. Not knocking it at all, its all about winning. Just an observation. I have a hard time naming CT players. Drummond, Wiggins, Rash Jones, Burrell, Chris Smith, Edmund Saunders.
Take a look at next year’s roster.

Reaction Score
Take a look at next year’s roster.
Not my point. One year out of 35 does not a trend make. I'd love to see us sign the Gatorade Player of the Year or the runner up every year. That would show me something.

Reaction Score
Connecticut doesn't produce nearly as many high level high major recruits as they did in the 70's-80's but there's still kids out there. Not sure why the staff never had interest in Claude, they certainly saw him play a lot.

Reaction Score
Not my point. One year out of 35 does not a trend make. I'd love to see us sign the Gatorade Player of the Year or the runner up every year. That would show me something.
The Gatorade Player of the year and runner up in the state being a UConn level player is a rarity. They're usually a Farifield or Yale level player. Clingan and Griffiths are more the outliers these days.

Reaction Score
The Gatorade Player of the year and runner up in the state being a UConn level player is a rarity. They're usually a Farifield or Yale level player. Clingan and Griffiths are more the outliers these days.
The last 7 Gatorade Players of the year have gone High Major...

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
None of these have really broken my heart. Drummond is really the only one who was/is a star.

Attachments

• CE188F34-2C9D-40D5-B828-382E2C625059.jpeg
    CE188F34-2C9D-40D5-B828-382E2C625059.jpeg
    812.7 KB · Views: 329
Reaction Score
Earl Kelley, Chuck Aleksinas, Corny Thompson, Norm Bailey, Mike McKay, etc.

Reaction Score
Because the idea of taking the CT Gatorade POY every year just because they're from Connecticut is laughably stupid. Just recruit good players regardless of where they come from
I mean obviously, but most years taking them would not do anything to make you a "significantly below average basketball team".

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Because the idea of taking the CT Gatorade POY every year just because they're from Connecticut is laughably stupid. Just recruit good players regardless of where they come from
Right. CT high school ball has become so remarkably uncompetitive I wouldn’t feel comfortable just taking the player of the year every year. Even NY, NJ has dried up a bit. The talent now is in the south and west cities like Atlanta and Houston. Need to get our brand to a point where we can recruit nationally again.

Reaction Score
Right. CT high school ball has become so remarkably uncompetitive I wouldn’t feel comfortable just taking the player of the year every year. Even NY, NJ has dried up a bit. The talent now is in the south and west cities like Atlanta and Houston. Need to get our brand to a point where we can recruit nationally again.
We are doing just fine with recruiting the Northeast

Reaction Score
NY/NJ New England are loaded the next few classes.

Reaction Score
How do you forget Tyler Olander, 2 time National Champion

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom