Providence Postgame Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Providence Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
To me (having watched the game on TV but not having yet watched the replay -- not sure if I will), Nika / Dorka / Aubrey had very good, energetic games. It was only Aaliyah and Lou who were "under the weather", so to speak. But since they are UConn's two leading scorers, they are the ones whom we notice.

I think that adrenaline alone will assure that they will both be ready for prime time on Sunday. There is simply no alternative to a top-level performance by both of them.

The Georgetown game was another disappointment, but was not followed by other games showing the same lack of energy.

Reaction Score
Providence gave the starters a fit and you expected the reserves to do better? That's not being realistic.
Not sure why I gave you the impression that I have a positive impression of the subs. I feel UConn currently has the worst bench in the league. I do feel UConn was in control the entire game and don't feel Providence, no matter what the score, was ever in a position to win.

Reaction Score
Ayanna's game has been hurt by so-called development at Uconn. Can't just focus on defense. These players today need both offense and defense to feel whole and valuable. Staff needs to let Ayanna attempt some offense as well as rebound and play defense. I think her game will come around if more well rounded. She can shoot the midrange and can drive. She should be allowed to develop offense as well as defense. IMO a much better result will happen. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
I think DEpup got it right about Ayanna. She is learning the Uconn way and repolishing her fundamentals.
They should let Ayanna go and she will be perceived to be OK. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Nika's 9 assists and 5 turnovers don't look too bad now: Caitlin Clark had a monster game in their win tonight against Maryland: 42 points, 7-8 from 2, 6-11 from 3, 10-11 from the line, plus 8 assists, 7 rebounds, and 2 steals. Bur she had 8 turnovers to go with the 8 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom