Providence Post Game Thread. | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread.

Reaction Score
And Kemba had that move where he jerked his head back. Refs are gullible lol.

I don't consider flopping or the head jerk or anything else bad sportmanship--I consider it a sign of skill. So when I say "Newton is a flopper"--it's a good thing.

TBH I think anyone saying he isn't a master flopper is probably being a homer. He sells it every time.

Reaction Score
One thing I noticed last night with Samson. It's not that he's a bad rebounder, it seems like most of the time when a shot goes up he's just completely uninterested in getting a rebound at all
Samson needs to clear out space for rebounding position. He is often late and outside of the opposing player. He needs to read rebounds better with good angles.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
And Kemba had that move where he jerked his head back. Refs are gullible lol.
It's a bit funny how some UConn fans think there's always been a reffing conspiracy against UConn. Kemba and Bazz sold a couple of bogus fouls a game with the head snap back. Shabazz took it to the next level, I distinctly remember some where there was no contact and he acted like he was shot falling to the floor putting the ref in a position where he had to make some sort of call.

Reaction Score
Absolutely nothing. He is UConn Blue and White 1,000%
He should not be asked to do UConn games and Jay Bilas shouldn't do Duke and Walton not UCLA or UArizona etc
It puts them in a tough spot.
I don't hear the same things that people complain about when he does do UConn games but maybe it's because I know him a bit.
I disagree and most people on this board would disagree with you. Your job as an announcer is not to referee the game. Your job is to provide thoughtful insight into things people watching from home might not see.

Reaction Score
Yeah I feel like I’m getting drunk just by reading his posts. They make no sense.

The only good thing about this thread has been noting the dude checking in at the end who looked like Frasier. I expected Niles to check in at the next dead ball.
Poor kid only got 30 seconds of PT until Devin Carter decided to pull a Daniel Larusso / Willis Reed

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it varies from minute to minute. One play they let two players tackle each other, next play they cal a touch foul. It was so inconsistent it’s hard to tell who in benefited, but probably benefited PC because it complexly disrupted all flow to game.

They should have called it tight at start to set tone, then let some things go so stars don’t have to sit on bench with foul trouble.
Exactly. The announcers were blathering on about how the refs needed to call it tight in the second half to get the game under control but the game was only "out of control" because they allowed an inordinate amount of physicality in the first half. As a player, it is hard to understand what is allowed when things are changing half to half, or as you pointed out, play to play. That can lead to stars ending sitting on the bench for half a game or more. That isn't good for the conference.

I have no problem with the conference deciding that physical plays is part of the big east identity, but they need to define what's allowed with consistency and clearly eliminate those things which create risk of injury like undercutting or shoving airborne players in the back.

CL82

Reaction Score
It's a bit funny how some UConn fans think there's always been a reffing conspiracy against UConn. Kemba and Bazz sold a couple of bogus fouls a game with the head snap back. Shabazz took it to the next level, I distinctly remember some where there was no contact and he acted like he was shot falling to the floor putting the ref in a position where he had to make some sort of call.
They absolutely should do that, if that's the way the games are being called. Otherwise the team is an unfair disadvantage.

CL82

Reaction Score
Oh, poor FriarJ just has a pink fanny and a hangover right now.

Once he realizes his arena is better, their fans are better, their players played better and we just got lucky (again), he’ll be fine.
Well, clearly PC had as good a chance as anyone to win last night.

Reaction Score
Oh, poor FriarJ just has a pink fanny and a hangover right now.

Once he realizes his arena is better, their fans are better, their players played better and we just got lucky (again), he’ll be fine.

shake it off taylor swift GIF

Reaction Score
All I can say is I hope we have more than a 1 game lead and a solid lock on that 1 seed going into the game at Providence. More of the same muck ball but with home cooking this time. The only people fouling out of that one are going to be the good guys.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That was Hyman Roth.

Moe Green said, "You buy me out? I buy you out!" before he took one in the glasses.
My error, it was late. My intent was when Michael asked Roth who ordered the hit on Pentangeli, Roth responded, citing Moe Green being murdered.

The thing is, certain things come with the territory in all businesses.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He's an enigma...he seems to have very good hands on offense but can't grab or hold on to any rebound on defense.
He's still more athlete than basketball player but with his height and (exceptional) athleticism he can do some very good things.

Reaction Score
Can you comment on his terrible hair
there's plenty of terrible hair to go around these days. Since when is looking homeless cool?

Reaction Score
So funny I got a six and three-year-old at home so I recorded the game until I got them settled into bed. Started watching at 10pm took me two hours to watch it - finished at midnight -and that’s with fast forwarding halftime and commercials!!! I was nodding off the last five minutes of the second half and I never ever fall asleep during a UConn game. Those last 10 minutes were tough to watch. I wanted to throw my phone out the window when alarm went off at 6am this morning.
Ps: does my boy clingan know how to body anybody down low? Tuff game for him. Cmon DC- bounce back in msg

Reaction Score
Oduro came to our kitchen, made himself a sandwich, kissed our girlfriend, spanked our kids, and then laughed in our faces. Dude is tough.

Reaction Score
Donny Marshall is a terrible announcer. Like this game was ugly and the announcers made it even worse.

Move on with the W
Donny is lost as an announcer. A few games back he mentions at the start of the second half that Uconn started "small". Samson and Alex were on the court. And there are dozens of dumb/wrong/incoherent comments this year alone. But Brando gets the cake for the suckiest comment, when he said that Oduro's absence was more impactful than Clingan's absence. Oduro was a monster. But the game is obviously, noticeably different when Clingan is there. Just an absurd comment.

Reaction Score
The first two fouls on Clingan were absolute phantom calls. He never touched anyone! I can’t believe it, I expected to click on this thread and see several pages bitching about that.
And the announcers were so oblivious! They never even mentioned that he had two fouls until the half was nearly over. Donny Marshall is so g-d annoying. Every time the whistle blows, we either get his unquestioned respect for the hard job these poor officials have to do, or we have to listen to his nostalgic philosophy on college basketball. He hardly even watches the game. Dude needs to be permanently assigned to the studio.
I dont remember the first one. The rest of the fouls were earned and were real. And were real dumb too. DC played like last night. And STILL, when it mattered most, his block led to us winning. Most influential player on our team. By a mile.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom