Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Dude, many of the guys who are hating on PC also hate on UCONN

So there's that. :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Andre walked the end of the handshake line sayin …efff…efff,
Cost him a double double!

Andre is probably the UConn player most like the majority of us in this forum. Loses composure easily. Each time he makes a mistake he’s unable to put it behind him resulting in several other mistakes.

When he figures how to stay in the moment he’ll be unstoppable.

Reaction Score
I was thinking what if everyone transferred to cuse now that bughiem is gone.
The rare game where both teams fans are happy. We're happy we won. PC fans are happy that we let them back in the game and they only lost by 7. Boy I am happy that losing by 7 doesn't make me happy.
:) :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I was watching while at work so I probably would have been more aggravated if I had my full attention on the game.

I also found it funny that when I got home and put the replay on to watch, YouTube TV cut out at the originally scheduled end time, which happened to to be when we went up 58-32. So I'm choosing to believe the players are robots and were programmed to dominate until exactly 4:30 PM when the game should have ended
Brings new meaning to smart tv!

Reaction Score
Bad. 100% bad. Nothing good about that at all. You could see the fear in the eyes and the body language. This team's margin of error is very slim. Forget teaching moments.......it's too late for teaching moments. We obviously do not thrive in close, tense, pressure situations. There was 100% nothing good about the way that 2nd half transpired other than the final outcome.
What was good was our last 3 offensive possessions before the fouls started Hawkins hit a big 3, newton made a great pass in the lane for the Sanogo layup, and then we ran a great set and karaban nailed a 3. All in big pressure packed situations when the game could have slipped away. There was plenty of bad but being able to do that to end the game was a big positive.

Reaction Score
My only issue with the refs is they swallowed their whistles in the 2nd half when PC was on D. Their D was really aggressive and we couldn’t buy a call. How can we have 10+ fouls and PC only 2 with 10 minutes left in the game? If this is anti-Hurley bias because he complains too much, then them… I don’t mind this becoming close at the end, sometimes it’s nice to have a scare in the 1st round to remind you that you can’t let up until the final whistle blows. On to Marquette.

Reaction Score
How on earth did this guy beat our guy for Freshman of the year?? He looks awful and our guy was consistent all year long. What a joke.
Agree 100%. Is it because their guy is leaving for the NBA, and the feeling was “give this kid an award while we can”? AK played the whole season - starting most of the games, this guy missed 7.

Reaction Score
I actually wasn't surprised at the comeback, pc worked very hard for it because they needed this win badly. I saw the lead drop to 18 which was expected because of the ebb & flow. Then suddenly it ebbed to 11. pc came out pressing full-court with aggressive d and yeah the refs were letting them play. The only time they seemed to get called for a foul was when UCONN was enroute to throwing it down and then turnovers. Nevertheless, UCONN got their heads straight and finished off the visitors. Here, a Miller LIte for the road.

Reaction Score
Quiet game at center position today. Sanogo did fine when he got the ball, just didn’t get it enough. Oh yeah his hands weren’t good today, which isn’t typical for him.

Surprised to see Clingan be a total non-factor. Don’t know why they didn’t have him posting up strong inside and demanding ball. He spent the entire game on offense floating out at the 3pt line setting screens. Others can screen, we need him being a force scoring down low.

Might’ve been Clingan’s worst game of the year offensively, defensively, and rebounding. Hope to see him quickly get back to being the player we know.

Reaction Score
Jackson's backcourt turnover with what... about 3:12 to go... was unbelievable: how did he possibly think that telegraphed pass would make it through? It was a casual bounce pass thrown like no defenders were in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
I would like a word with the chuckleheads who still think that we do not need a point guard.

Our plan to have Adamo Sanogo try to handle the ball to close out a win-or-go-home basketball game was a little shaky there.
Dude either we win the national championship or you’re right. Marquette barely beat St. John’s and X squeaked one out against DePaul. Enjoy this team Chicken Little.

Reaction Score
I would like a word with the chuckleheads who still think that we do not need a point guard.

Our plan to have Adamo Sanogo try to handle the ball to close out a win-or-go-home basketball game was a little shaky there.
Yeah, when Karaban thew the ball to Sanogo on the inbound pass I was like WTF. Good thing it worked out. LOL!

Reaction Score
Takeaways

1) We can be the best team in the country in spurts. We need to figure out how to sustain it.
2) Karaban is the guy, Hawkins is not the guy. Hurley realizes thank goodness.
3) The team is palpably nervous in tight situations. Was at the game and could literally see the anxiousness and fear on the guy's faces (particularly Sanogo) when the game got to 5 and Providence fans got into it).
4) Providence fans are obnoxious. Every one of them thinks they are God's special Rhode Island Christian baby. Nauseating.
Whatcha talkin bout willis? WYou do know Hawkins hit a big 3 to stop the run before Karaban. Hawkins is our most important player for this team.

Reaction Score
Andre missing that free throw late ticked me off as it was a continuation of his complete lack of focus in the last 10 minutes. He knows. , , in handshake line.
Yeah it was just a bad FT by AJ. He was leaning backwards on it like he wasn't worried about making it. Weird.

Reaction Score
Good game, if karaban doesn't hit that 3 late I think PC could have pulled it out. I think the second half spark is what PC needed going into the tournament......... good luck the rest of the way UConn.......... please shut up kolek, talks way too much.... congrats

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I was watching while at work so I probably would have been more aggravated if I had my full attention on the game.

I also found it funny that when I got home and put the replay on to watch, YouTube TV cut out at the originally scheduled end time, which happened to to be when we went up 58-32. So I'm choosing to believe the players are robots and were programmed to dominate until exactly 4:30 PM when the game should have ended

I put my phone on do not disturb at 3:00 and avoided seeing the result, so when my YouTube TV cut out with us up 26 with 12 minutes left, I figured it was safe to assume we won. Checked the final and had a mini heart attack.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't worry too much about the second half. DH was just padding his close game win %

Reaction Score
Cost him a double double!

Andre is probably the UConn player most like the majority of us in this forum. Loses composure easily. Each time he makes a mistake he’s unable to put it behind him resulting in several other mistakes.

When he figures how to stay in the moment he’ll be unstoppable.
100% we can replicate that mental process. As a poster, when you (the royal you) see a comment that really bothers you in a thread, or someone comes at you after one of your posts see if you can refrain from responding. If you just HAVE to reply or it will eat at you until you do that's how hard it is for these guys to wipe away a mistake and focus. We can't expect 20 year olds to master something we fail at consistently. The best ones can do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom