Providence Post Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A 26 point lead with like 11 mins left turned into a 5 point lead with about 4 mins left. Reactions aren’t that out of the ordinary.
There were some reasonable takes/criticisms. The vast majority were insane, so agreed that it wasn't out of the ordinary for the Boneyard

Reaction Score
They were in the bonus with 10 left?
While UConn has been winning their games after the mid-season swoon, they’ve been fouling a lot in the second half, and the other team gets in the bonus much faster than UConn. So far, it hasn’t come back to bite them, but I’m nervous about this trend with the tournament approaching. Hope they can stop doing this.

Reaction Score
Thought this was funny. Can't tell from this whether he's serious or kidding.

“Yeah, I thought they were all too close,” Hurley, the Jersey City native and former Seton Hall guard, cracked in the post-game press conference in response to a question from NJ Advance Media. “[My dad] was trying to whisper stuff when the [Providence] run was going, trying to whisper some things. ‘Get this guy out, call timeout.’ I could hear him moaning and groaning.

“I just thought they were too close. They shouldn’t be there, they should be back. I hope they’re not in the same seats [Friday].”

Dan Hurley’s family is close for UConn’s run, but are they a little too close?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

“Yeah, I thought they were all too close,” Hurley, the Jersey City native and former Seton Hall guard, cracked in the post-game press conference in response to a question from NJ Advance Media. “[My dad] was trying to whisper stuff when the [Providence] run was going, trying to whisper some things. ‘Get this guy out, call timeout.’ I could hear him moaning and groaning.

“I just thought they were too close. They shouldn’t be there, they should be back. I hope they’re not in the same seats [Friday].”

Maybe he should have followed his advise. Could have called timeout, etc...

Reaction Score
I mean we often see the “Fire Hurley” comments, I didn’t see any of those. I think the criticism of the team and the staff during the run is fair
Yeah it's all fair, people are entitled to their opinions. Obviously would have preferred 40 minutes of great basketball and a blowout, and not even really directed at you. Just think it's funny that the same people who spent all year complaining about moral victories and needing actual wins in March are now not happy with a win in March

Reaction Score
A positive to take away from the collapse is that it did provide some tape for the guys on what not to do after you get out to a big lead and also provided an opportunity pre-NCAAT for the guys to build some confidence in succeeding in a tight/close game at the end there. Shouldn’t have gotten that close but it might end up being a positive warning/experience in the end.

Reaction Score
Yeah it's all fair, people are entitled to their opinions. Obviously would have preferred 40 minutes of great basketball and a blowout, and not even really directed at you. Just think it's funny that the same people who spent all year complaining about moral victories and needing actual wins in March are now not happy with a win in March
Right, to expect a mirror performance of the first half by both teams would be naive. But even a mediocre performance in that ~10 minute stretch keeps it a 15-20 pt safe win. We just need to fix the sloppiness, and it’s certainly fixable.

Reaction Score
Ricky Moore, Taliek Brown, Doron Sheffer, Renee Montgomery, Moriah Jefferson...............come home.

Reaction Score
Why don’t we play them the same way as last time? Seemed to work pretty well. All starts with defense.
Yeah but I expect a better Marquette team.

Reaction Score

I do not care to watch Bill Murray, Dan Hurley, the UConn bench
Ok I just had my first chance to post since the game ended. Obviously some ugly stuff in the last 10 minutes after what looked like the best team in the country for the first 30. And I can pick out a few guys I am very disappointed in as they were way too sloppy and tight at the end.

But instead I will get to the main point I have and my biggest take from this game. Big East officials (I don't mean those with whistles) need to look at this whole 2nd half and try to explain WHY these striped POS find the need to allow a team that deserves nothing, to get back in a game. Saw it coming and said it on the chat. Honestly it was already bad as we took the 26 point lead but our guys were playing so well it didn't matter. But then what is expected to happen did. In other words the team who is WAY behind is becoming more aggressive trying to make plays on both ends but on defense trying to make steals, hold people as to not get open, bump, swat arms push to get rebounds and more. And ALL of that happened and it happened a lot. And while they are not all to blame, the honest to goodness truth is if they call that game fair or as the should, PC never gets closer than 12-14 points because we go to the line a helluva a lot more than 5 freakin times. The BE should be ashamed of how this crew called the 2nd half absolutely embarrassed to ignore so many obvious calls. There were times our guys were fouled 2-3 times on the same play many times over.

Ok having said that here's the good news. The whining cheerleader of a coach for peecee got what he wanted, every call possible. But while that worked out for him, when they needed to be sending us to the line they didn't have enough fouls to do so LOL. So screw him and that dreadful crew of striped morons out there today!

Next....
Always the excuse after a team blows a big lead.............................it was the refs.

Reaction Score
Bad. 100% bad. Nothing good about that at all. You could see the fear in the eyes and the body language. This team's margin of error is very slim. Forget teaching moments.......it's too late for teaching moments. We obviously do not thrive in close, tense, pressure situations. There was 100% nothing good about the way that 2nd half transpired other than the final outcome.

It took me a second to realize this was actually a serious post until I realized who posted it (and who liked it).

Isn’t their margin of error pretty gigantic with a 26 point lead?

This whole “body language” is just armchair nonsense. PC cut it to 5 with a couple minutes to go. UConn ran offense and got buckets when they needed to and the margin never dipped below 5. I didn’t see a single player or coach who betrayed half the panic posters like you do in the chat when it’s a 4 point margin in the first half.

Reaction Score

He seemed serious in his post-game. He has a dry sense of humor, so I could be off base though.

Reaction Score
Andre walked the end of the handshake line sayin …efff…efff,
And rightly so... He went brain dead during the PC run with several really bad passes, one in particular to no one in the middle of the court... There were a couple of other very careless ones too that I could not believe he made

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There were some reasonable takes/criticisms. The vast majority were insane, so agreed that it wasn't out of the ordinary for the Boneyard
I sat in my recliner the entire second half with a cat laying across my legs asleep. Would have preferred a blowout but was happy team found its composure at the very end! Cat never woke up.

My wife is every bit as invested with this team as I am. She gets too tense so she won’t watch the game live. When it’s over I watch it with her on replay. I had to quietly chuckle at her getting upset with the way the game was called in the second half. She was so upset she gave me permission to let this forum know how she felt.

Reaction Score
I sat in my recliner the entire second half with a cat laying across my legs asleep. Would have preferred a blowout but was happy team found its composure at the very end! Cat never woke up.

My wife is every bit as invested with this team as I am. She gets too tense so she won’t watch the game live. When it’s over I watch it with her on replay. I had to quietly chuckle at her getting upset with the way the game was called in the second half. She was so upset she gave me permission to let this forum know how she felt.
I was watching while at work so I probably would have been more aggravated if I had my full attention on the game.

I also found it funny that when I got home and put the replay on to watch, YouTube TV cut out at the originally scheduled end time, which happened to to be when we went up 58-32. So I'm choosing to believe the players are robots and were programmed to dominate until exactly 4:30 PM when the game should have ended

Reaction Score
How on earth did this guy beat our guy for Freshman of the year?? He looks awful and our guy was consistent all year long. What a joke.

Reaction Score
I accept full responsibility for PC’s run. Switched seats from the couch to the chair after halftime and sure enough they went on their run. Switched back and things stabilized. Won’t happen again.
I knew something like that must have happened

Reactions: MrP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member