• Creighton

Votes: 81 70.4%
  • Providence

Votes: 34 29.6%

• Total voters

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I can not bring myself to root for lucky providence no matter what the circumstance. Go Bluejays!

Reaction Score
We might have to win 2/2. If we beat GTown and Creighton, but lose to Depaul. And Creighton beats Providence and Seton Hall but lose to us, they'd beat us on the tiebreaker despite us beating them.

But that is Depaul on our home senior night.
You’re right, dumb math by me lol

Reaction Score
whatever keeps us on the line that will meet providence in the semi's. So go Friar's? I guess?
Options for that
We finish 3, they finish 2. This must include Providence losing to both Creighton and Villanova. If they win either game, they win the conference. Since it involves Creighton beating Providence, then we have to win against Creighton, and then win one more game than them (so either win both, or if they lose to Seton Hall we only need to win 1).

They finish 1, we finish 4/5. Providence wins at least one game, and we lose to Creighton would do it. If we beat Creighton, we'd have to lose to Depaul/Gtown 1 extra vs. their result against Seton Hall and Providence. If they lose all 3, we'd be locked into 3 seed and cannot play Providence.

Reaction Score
I think Providence takes this one. Luck is clearly on their side this season. 15-1 at home. They have to win tonight to win the BE season title or otherwise they would have to play Nova on the road for it.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I would like to see Providence win the regular season title as we cannot mathematically. It's good for the league to have variety. Villanova winning it most of the past decade is not great for the league's depth, and you know we are going to be up there with them almost every year so this is good year to let someone else in before the baton is passed to us.

Reaction Score
I would like to see Providence win the regular season title as we cannot mathematically. It's good for the league to have variety. Villanova winning it most of the past decade is not great for the league's depth, and you know we are going to be up there with them almost every year so this is good year to let someone else in before the baton is passed to us.
i tend to agree altho KU winning the conference like 15 years in a row didnt hurt the big12

Reaction Score
It's gotta be Providence. We want that 3 seed. Who cares about a regular season title?

Reaction Score
I would prefer to avoid Nova for a long as we can. Although we proved we can beat them I doubt the Wildcats will turn the ball over as much as they did last game. As superstitious as Hurley is would he allow himself to get thrown out again should we play Villanova?

Reaction Score
How is that possible? We both beat Nova, if Uconn beats Creighton, we have the split. But if Creighton beat PC, they'd have a win over the top two BE teams plus we'd have same record. So how would we still earn the 3 seed?
correct. if we finish with the same conference record as creighton and split the series theyd win the tiebreaker based on a win tonight against PC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i think you're right. if we finish with the same conference record as creighton and split the series theyd win the tiebreaker based on a win tonight against PC
My thoughts exactly. But we'll see

Reaction Score
It very likely won’t come down to tiebreakers if we beat Creighton because we’d just need to win 1/2 vs G Town or DePaul to have a better record than them
Huh? Uconn and Creighton currently are tied. There is noway we need 1/2. Unless I'm not understanding what you stated

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any idea why FS1 is carrying auto racing instead of the Creighton vs. Providence game? Is there a blackout?

Reaction Score
It's gotta be Providence. We want that 3 seed. Who cares about a regular season title?
We control wether we get the 3 seed. All we have to do is win our last 3 games. F Providence lol

Reaction Score
It's my poll . . . and I can't bring myself to vote. :oops:
Hungry Do It GIF by 8it

Reaction Score
Providence looks good tonight but on Tuesday they'll be playing a Villanova squad that's been idle since our game with them this past Tuesday. If they clinch tonight it's a perfect setup for Nova.

Reaction Score
I've been half paying attention, but was there praise of Providence -- on context of this being their first BE championship -- along the lines of "everyone assumes they've been good, but they've actually sucked, and that's a testament to their program"?

Reaction Score
I hope Creighton looks like this when we play them on Wednesday.

Of course, with Providence's luck, they get them for their first game without Nembhart and having to figure everything out. They'll have it together more the second time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom