Prospect Nation's 2015 Class Rankings | The Boneyard

Prospect Nation's 2015 Class Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Recruiting rankings, like preseason polls are absolutely useless. The only purpose for them is sell magazines and stoke interest. The real rankings for the 2015 class will be in 2017, when we see which team hoists the NC Trophy. We'll see then how Louisville's #1 ranked class fares.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Recruiting rankings, like preseason polls are absolutely useless. The only purpose for them is sell magazines and stoke interest. The real rankings for the 2015 class will be in 2017, when we see which team hoists the NC Trophy. We'll see then how Louisville's #1 ranked class fares.

Exactly...who really knows how these players will perform. Nina Davis was ranked number 52 and was the second leading voter getter for FOY last season. NOBODY would have predicted that before the season started.

Reaction Score

By this criteria, we shouldn't calculate any statistics. If all that matters is who wins the trophy, who cares who had the most points or rebounds?

99.999% of being a fan is paying attention to stats that may or may not have some significance, and speculating on what they mean.

Reaction Score
Personally, I find recruiting rankings very useful because they give some (I said "some", not "perfect") info about the quality of the frosh coming in. Normally I'd have no interest in UCLA, which has been mediocre at best for years. But since I know they had a blockbuster class, I'm very curious to see how good that team is.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Exactly...who really knows how these players will perform. Nina Davis was ranked number 52 and was the second leading voter getter for FOY last season. NOBODY would have predicted that before the season started.
I know I can't imagine why anyone would think BG ranked #1 would do anything in college!

Just messing with ya ETT ;)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
How many players left that haven't have a verbal yet?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I dont know anyone who would buy a magazine based on recruiting rankings and such. Do they even have magazines for this kinda stuff ?

Reaction Score
How many players left that haven't have a verbal yet?

9 of the top 60:

5) Ogunbowale
7) K Brown
16) Mompremier
19) Mccowan
26) Caliya Robinson
27) D Walker (FL)
30) Primm
51) Pugh
52) Jeune

9 more in the next 40

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
vowelguy said:
9 of the top 60: 5) Ogunbowale 7) K Brown 16) Mompremier 19) Mccowan 26) Caliya Robinson 27) D Walker (FL) 30) Primm 51) Pugh 52) Jeune 9 more in the next 40

7-16-19 are all post players. I think it will be interesting to see where each of them go and if it has a domino effect.

#5, wonder what her timeline looks like? Where has she been. ND for sure but not sure where else.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
From what I've read. Ogunbowale and Pugh will be visiting tOSU this weekend. I don't think she's said whether she'll be visiting all the five schools or not.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Mompremier is visiting Tennessee on October 25th. She has visits set for Baylor, Ohio State, and UNC as well. Likely to add one more official visit before making a decision.

Reaction Score
The real rankings for the 2015 class will be in 2017, when we see which team hoists the NC Trophy. We'll see then how Louisville's #1 ranked class fares.
Maybe we'll get to play them for an NC for a third time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It doesn't bother me whether UCONN has the #1 class, or the #10 class. In years where we only get one kid like Chong, our class won't really be a blip on the "rankings" radar, but when you have a class like Moore and Dixon, or Samuelson/Collier/Boykin, other schools with classes of 5 or more "may" be ranked higher, but the quality of players they recruited are not what UCONN has/had.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
By this criteria, we shouldn't calculate any statistics. If all that matters is who wins the trophy, who cares who had the most points or rebounds?

99.999% of being a fan is paying attention to stats that may or may not have some significance, and speculating on what they mean.
VG, you had to contort yourself severely to formulate your response out of my statement. Rankings and polls have nothing to do with statistics, they are just some person(s) opinion, some based on observation and mostly based on reputation. Many of the ranked players, the people doing the ranking have never seen play. Did UConn have the #1 Recruiting Class last year? As I recall Saniya Chong was the only scholarship Freshman. How many #1 Classes has Duke had since 2006? How many NC's have they won? Do Class Rankings/ Player Rankings/Star Services account for injuries, home sickness, bad fits, academic issues, off-court issues or just mistakes in coaches judgement and/or talent evaluation? It's a racket designed strictly for the propagator's of these magazines and services to make money, not unlike the proliferation of 'Fantasy Football' gurus and their books, e-letters and websites.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
From what I've read. Ogunbowale and Pugh will be visiting tOSU this weekend. I don't think she's said whether she'll be visiting all the five schools or not.

Ogunbowale is scheduled to visit Louisville 10/17. I am fairly certain she was at Wisconsin last weekend, whether or not it was an official, I do not know. Her brother plays on the football team there.
With that in mind, and the Louisville visit set for 10/17, the only other school is UCLA. Not sure if she has visited them or if she has a date set.

Reaction Score
Ogunbowale is scheduled to visit Louisville 10/17. I am fairly certain she was at Wisconsin last weekend, whether or not it was an official, I do not know. Her brother plays on the football team there.
With that in mind, and the Louisville visit set for 10/17, the only other school is UCLA. Not sure if she has visited them or if she has a date set.
Hope you get her - would be nice to see Louisville develop a real powerhouse

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Hope you get her - would be nice to see Louisville develop a real powerhouse
Thanks, I do too.
I feel pretty good about it. No specific reason other than if she really was the ND lean everyone thought, why not go ahead and commit after the visit? Or, after some time and another visit to see if your opinion swayed any, then commit. I know, I know, recruiting is different for every kid and some really intend to take all their visits.

I know we are guard heavy in this class, but, you can not turn away a T10 kid (previous ranking was 5 but I thinkHG dropped her) if she wants to come.
I think my gut is leaning towards her really wanting to play with Durr. Not nec. anything out there to support that theory, other than my gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom