OT: - Prosciutto Help | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Prosciutto Help

Reaction Score
One of my favorite Italian dishes. We make it every Christmas eve both beef and pork (Spedini). I used to make my own from scratch but became too much of a pita with all the other stuff we have going on then, so I buy them prerolled from A&S in Fairfield (sometimes from Liuzzi in North Haven).

Have you ever put raisins in yours? I scoffed until I tried it. The raisins cook away and are undetectable, except for a nice, mild sweetness.

Skappo in New Haven does that with their meatballs.
Very Sicilian. Traditionally done with veal. Thanks for posting this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Get some bottom round sliced thin then pound it thinner. Slice of prosciutto then mixture of pine nuts, parsley, bread crumbs, parmesan, S&P spread over the meat. Fold edges, and roll, brown then put in your tomato sauce, you just made Braciole.
My grandmother used to wrap a hardboiled eggs in this and cooked them in sauce with meatballs, sausage and beef. It was amazing.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Last time I had prosciutto was in an antipasto salad and it was virtually inedible because it was so chewy almost rubbery. I had to separate it from the rest of the meats to throw it out. Is this how it is normally?

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Last time I had prosciutto was in an antipasto salad and it was virtually inedible because it was so chewy almost rubbery. I had to separate it from the rest of the meats to throw it out. Is this how it is normally?
No.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
@Chin Diesel , have you gotten any of the prosciutto yet?

So, I either completely avoided it or it avoided me. Somewhat on point I went over that house last night to watch the second half of the Chiefs game (The guy has a great 15'x15' gazebo outside with a brick fire place and outdoor TV). They gave it away to one of their neighbors (who wasn't there last night) and no one knows where it is. Glad I got my slices off of it when I saw it the first night.

Reaction Score
One of our neighbors is a nurse and a doctor at her hospital gave several nurses a whole, uncut 24 month salt cured prosciutto.

It's way more than her family will eat anytime soon.

So, in spite of this being pretty cool, it's getting passed around like a fruit cake. It should arrive at my house later this week.

What do you do with a prosciutto other than slice it thin for a sandwich or cut some chunks for a pasta sauce?

View attachment 63155
I have a friend who will take that off your hands. I no longer eat meat, but when I did, I could eat that entire prosciutto myself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom