Pros practicing with team | The Boneyard

Pros practicing with team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are the NCAA regulations about pros practicing with the team? I've read a few tidbits here and there acting as if it's no big deal, which, given the massive regulations in the NCAA rulebook, I found surprising.

Is there some kind of exception due to the lockout? Or can you always practice with your alma matter? Or could we literally hire Michael Jordan to come play with team to impress everybody?

Just curious where the line is, I did a cursory Google search and didn't find much of anything.

Reaction Score
What are the NCAA regulations about pros practicing with the team? I've read a few tidbits here and there acting as if it's no big deal, which, given the massive regulations in the NCAA rulebook, I found surprising.

Is there some kind of exception due to the lockout? Or can you always practice with your alma matter? Or could we literally hire Michael Jordan to come play with team to impress everybody?

Just curious where the line is, I did a cursory Google search and didn't find much of anything.

I'm assuming this is where the line is drawn.

Reaction Score
yea its never been much of an issue seeing as the NBA usually starts before and ends after CBB

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I think it's a matter of the kids can play ball with anyone during their free time. There isn't really any way to limit who they can play pickup games with. I'm quite sure that only rostered players can be on the court for official practice and drills.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
and uk alums are going back to school to be "student managers" i believe

Reaction Score
Well, technically, these NBA players are unemployed (right?) so I don't think they are violating any rules.

Reaction Score
Don't the rules generally refer to recruiting / giving "improper" benefits?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
what a great problem to have... NBA Pros coming back to the University in bunches.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I think this is just another reason why this is shaping up to be the best seasons of college basketball in several years.

Reaction Score
if there where recruits there, then I think it is an issue

Reaction Score
Presumably only ones in attendance are those who have matriculated, and the visiting professionals. Why would there be a recruiting violation?? Now, if there were some recruits, yes, probably a different matter. But I'm sure the staff would be on top of that.

Reaction Score
Pick up games with NBA players and recruits is ok. However, combining them in a school sanctioned activity could potentially lead to a violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom