Pros & Cons to Danny riding the refs. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pros & Cons to Danny riding the refs.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I hated sad puppy eyes too. Looked like a little kid who had his lunch stolen all the time. Whiny face.
Drove this squirrel nuts when he would just have that confused, what I called the “Charlie Brown, Lucy picked up the ball” face.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Leagues and organizations need to demand performance and accountability from their officials and referees. The crew that blew the call in the Detroit Lions game a few weeks ago was removed from the playoffs. The NCAA should do the same with some of these crews and not let them officiate in the NCAA tournament.
The Lions got the favor returned by the NFL. They pretty much tackled the Rams receiver on the last drive and no call. Anyone who thinks the NFL is completely legit, let me say this. One year before the nba official got caught it was clear to me the nba was fixed at some level. I made that point everyone of my friends called be a conspiracy theorist. Not sure if you heard Nance during the Bills/Steelers game that the ref was also waiting to get help from NewYork on whether or not to call a penalty. Hmm….what does he know. Then of course there was the one year of instant replay review on PI calls. They did not reverse one call. Eventually as a fan you have to accept it and hope your team is on the right side (pun intended) of the script. Officials will eventually be replaced by AI then they will have to find more ways to the public. Best way to not be accountable for an employees performance is making them a 10-99 or subcontractor.

Reaction Score
I am in section 111 at XL, perfectly in line with DH. I’m not even sure what this thread is about. I don’t see anything out of line compared to the coach on the other side, which I am also perfectly in line with.

Reaction Score
The Lions got the favor returned by the NFL. They pretty much tackled the Rams receiver on the last drive and no call. Anyone who thinks the NFL is completely legit, let me say this. One year before the nba official got caught it was clear to me the nba was fixed at some level. I made that point everyone of my friends called be a conspiracy theorist. Not sure if you heard Nance during the Bills/Steelers game that the ref was also waiting to get help from NewYork on whether or not to call a penalty. Hmm….what does he know. Then of course there was the one year of instant replay review on PI calls. They did not reverse one call. Eventually as a fan you have to accept it and hope your team is on the right side (pun intended) of the script. Officials will eventually be replaced by AI then they will have to find more ways to the public. Best way to not be accountable for an employees performance is making them a 10-99 or subcontractor.
While I don’t think it’s rigged or predetermined it’s clear which teams are the “golden boys” and cash cows that the league officials would love to see win because they draw the biggest ratings and have the marquee players. That’s probably not lost on the refs if they’re making a 50/50 call in the blink of an eye. I’d be curious to see stats on overturned calls by team.

Reaction Score
Better he rides the refs than trying to ride the D to victory. Defense ain't been the strongest.

Reaction Score
Bringing Pitino into this only happened after the ending of their game against Creighton earlier today. Anyone see that last sequence? I think Pitino has proven to be a lowlife as a person also, but... Sorry, they got screwed. Dingle obviously got fouled on that last shot and should have been going to the line for 2 shots. What the hell were those refs looking at, exactly?

Seriously? The refs just handed Creighton the game there. So, it doesn't just happen to us.

Many posters have been spouting the "idea" that officiating in the tournament is different than in the BE conference. It is interesting and ironic that in last year's tournament game between SDST and Creighton, a similar last second play was called against Creighton. This is a perfect example of what some of us have been saying. Creighton got the "no call" in the BE, but "got called" in the NCAA's.

And correctly stated, it is not a UConn thing.

Reaction Score
Danny goes over the top for many calls that aren't that bad and is surprised when no one listens after actual bad calls. He also makes it weirdly personal compared to most other animated coaches. So the refs just don't listen to him any more. You can see it in real time... they do not care what he has to say. Overtly ignore him.

What we're seeing is a result of Hurley's actions. When you treat people like crap, you aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt when you plead for a review or something. He's not going to see a change in how refs react to him after 1 or 2 blow out games keeping his cool like some people think. It isn't about the chip or how many games we've won. They simply don't like Hurley. Some more than others, but it's clear as day.

That being said, I hate the zebras and thrive on the animosity. I'm all for it. Love it, in fact. Our coach is a psycho and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just think it's funny when folks act surprised the ref won't talk to our coach or we get some questionable calls against hs.

I agree, he makes it personal, and that crosses a line. It's one thing to question a call, but another to take it to a level that makes it hard to move on from. He needs to stop this crap or one day it may go so far as to possibly cost him his career.

Reaction Score
Working the refs is an art form. He has the facial expressions to complain without saying anything. But I just don’t see DH ever getting this art form to help with the officiating. There was one coach who was a master at it but he coached at a school that I am not particularly fond of.
Calhoun was a master at it.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Calhoun was a master at it.
Yes he was. He mastered the art of being intimidating without going too far. But occasionally he had trouble reining it in. But overall he had a plan before the game on how he would approach. And if he expected a particularly bad game from the refs he would pass and say his stomach was bothering him and let Blaney deal with it. :)

Reaction Score
Almost all these refs do multiple games a week, ref games in other conferences, and when conferences play other conferences.

So, they know how to call games differently.

How they call BE games, specifically UConn games, is a choice.

Reaction Score
Dan is not as talented as other BE coaches in disguising their body language. Gotta put on the poker face once in awhile. LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom