Props for dual NC possibility | The Boneyard

Props for dual NC possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Louisville deserves them too but we should be getting more.

See thread: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2755&t=11449018

Its great that we may stand in the way Louisville's bid for dual NCs (if their men beat Michigan) and that we also were there stopping Duke in 1999 (if the poster is correct, I have not double checked that).

Reaction Score
sorry, looks like we can't link to scout boards? (or maybe its limited to Louisville board)

Reaction Score
Just as the win over ND said we were resuming our rightful place in the NC discussions, a win over LV will cement that position. I wouldn't appreciate giving up another unique first from our history and sharing it with LV, but more than that, in this year where we have been slammed every which way from conference realignment to post season ban, etc. I would really have a hard time with LV taking home the men's and women's NC after they won their BCS game and the bid to the ACC. Whatever happens tonight with the men, our ladies NEED to play with the aggressiveness and the chip on their shoulder that all this BS has created. They are the best team remaining and have played the best in the tournament this year. They need to leave no doubt of this in the NC game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hope our girls make them cry. I hope Mich makes the boys cry. I no longer have any good feelings towards anything related to the old BE. Cut throat, lying, thieving bastards can all kiss my a s s.

Has any losing women's NC game team not cried? You know Pitino will cry. Looking for lots of Cardinal tears.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think it's truly fitting that if Louisville beats Michigan tonight, they'll need to have their women's team go through UConn tomorrow night to complete what only we have accomplished. I'm just hoping that we don't have a let down because I can only imagine how hyper focused they were on making sure ND didn't beat them for a fourth time this season. They beat Louisville handily this season but they can't let that go to their head. However, I'm hoping this is like our 2004 NC for the men where beating Duke in the semi finals was the true test and G-Tech we rolled over. Hope the women do the same tomorrow night vs Louisville!

Reaction Score
I think it's truly fitting that if Louisville beats Michigan tonight, they'll need to have their women's team go through UConn tomorrow night to complete what only we have accomplished. I'm just hoping that we don't have a let down because I can only imagine how hyper focused they were on making sure ND didn't beat them for a fourth time this season. They beat Louisville handily this season but they can't let that go to their head. However, I'm hoping this is like our 2004 NC for the men where beating Duke in the semi finals was the true test and G-Tech we rolled over. Hope the women do the same tomorrow night vs Louisville!
There aren't many sure things in WCBB this year. Even we lost 4 times... but not to UL, and WITHOUT Breanna Stewart. Not to worry.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Stewart and crew are going to destroy the Louisville chicks tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
Meghan Gardler (@MeghanGardler)
4/8/13, 11:55 PM
Congrats to L-Ville men!!! I hope your fans enjoy it bc it's the only National Championship you're winning this week #HuskyNation

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Louiville is a footnote in NCAA Tourney history if the women win tonight because its already been done. They won't be the first.

Case in point...Who was the first player to hit 40 homeruns and steal 40 bases in on season? Who was the second, third, and fourth? I'm a pretty knowledgable baseball fan, and I had to look up the answer to the second question.

Reaction Score
We're not standing in their way. They're standing in our way and that's not a good place to be.

Reaction Score
Props to the UConn ladies for saying duck that noise. Man, we kicked that ass tonight.

Reaction Score
Congratulations on the game last night. UConn still the best women's basketball program -glad that you all still have that. Louisville will have to settle for the girl's being runner up to go along with the BCS win and men's NC.

Reaction Score
Congratulations on the game last night. UConn still the best women's basketball program -glad that you all still have that. Louisville will have to settle for the girl's being runner up to go along with the BCS win and men's NC.

What made you crawl out of your hole and start posting here again?

Reaction Score
And we beat you in your BCS win year. And we are only 2 years removed from our 3rd NC in MBB. All in this lifetime.

Reaction Score
I know this is the men's board - that's why you all are talking about the women's team here. I'll offer my fake congratulations where I please.
This is the men's board go offer your fake congratulations on the women's board.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I know this is the men's board - that's why you all are talking about the women's team here. I'll offer my fake congratulations where I please.
Don't you have a cousin you should be diddlin

Reaction Score

Hey tough guy go find another board to troll

Reaction Score
Congrats on that stuff too. No doubt the loss in football re-focused UofL to beat the Rutgirls for the opportunity to beat the piss out of the Gators in the Sugar Bowl. Should be interesting to see where UConn men's BB goes without JC. UofL dominated the 80s much like UConn did for the span of time during their 3 titles and then were not able to get that level back for quite a while.
And we beat you in your BCS win year. And we are only 2 years removed from our 3rd NC in MBB. All in this lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom