Proposal Recommendation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Proposal Recommendation

Reaction Score
If duke can offer intro to Disney and intro to Michael Jackson to Okafor so he can play, we can do something to help kids matriculate through a program that better prepares them for life that they might be today

Reaction Score
There are those who do and those who? Chief tries to be in the former category.
Or as they say those who can, do. Those who can’t teach and those who can’t teach, teach phys ed. And those who can’t teach phy ed Chief.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I think it’s looking at success in the Real World and aligning with that. Chief doesn’t think the optics have been good for the school having the worse defensive football team in NCAA history. We need some common sense balance. Viewing it as lowering the standards, is I think the wrong lens. Rather, as you say, the goal is making these young men polished and competitive when they get their piece of paper. It’s communication, how they present themselves and an official degree to go along with a work ethic and being ontime.
Is the goal to make the majority of them Rhodes or Shakespearean scholars - probably not. Rather, we need to transform JUCOs into productive men. If we have done that job, we have succeeded.
Completely agree. It's not about lowering standards, but catering to a wider range of students with unique needs in order to help them receive their full potential academically, socially, and athletically. In the education realm, its called differentiating.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the real world, if you submitted this as a proposal, you would be laughed at. This is middle school level writing.
So you realize that that was just a BY post and not an actual proposal, right?

If I was Reeport Card I would give your chating a 2.5.

Reaction Score
So you realize that that was just a BY post and not an actual proposal, right?

If I was Reeport Card I would give your chating a 2.5.
It's fine for the casual reader, but I expect more. Sorry not sorry.

C

Chief00

Completely agree. It's not about lowering standards, but catering to a wider range of students with unique needs in order to help them receive their full potential academically, socially, and athletically. In the education realm, its called differentiating.
Exactly, good to see some enlighten views here amongst the usual CT negativity that also hold onto the antiquated ways responsible.

C

Chief00

It's fine for the casual reader, but I expect more. Sorry not sorry.

Real World beam to basement dwelling - a good proposal is one that gets approved.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Real World beam to basement dwelling - a good proposal is one that gets approved.
Now that you banged out your proposal, do you now have some time to assist me in receiving and distributing UConn FB tickets for local youth groups?

Providing a walk through on the process, acquiring release forms, contacting the right UConn individuals and of course doing so without breaking recruiting violations.

Appreciate a timely response either here, on the other post or PM me. Would like to start with the Pomperaug U8 Pop Warner team (US champs last month) and the Waterbury Knights Youth Football organizaiton.

4. Give tickets away to local youth groups - build the relationship. We have plenty to give.

Again, when you distribute loosely as you describe, need to make sure release forms are signed - no HS kids. I wish it was different, but that’s our sandbox. Chief has done youth groups and knows that process.

It seems chief already has an in with Uconn doing this previously so hoping he gets me on board with who he worked with.

C

Chief00

Now that you banged out your proposal, do you now have some time to assist me in receiving and distributing UConn FB tickets for local youth groups?

Providing a walk through on the process, acquiring release forms, contacting the right UConn individuals and of course doing so without breaking recruiting violations.

Appreciate a timely response either here, on the other post or PM me. Would like to start with the Pomperaug U8 Pop Warner team (US champs last month) and the Waterbury Knights Youth Football organizaiton.

4. Give tickets away to local youth groups - build the relationship. We have plenty to give.

Again, when you distribute loosely as you describe, need to make sure release forms are signed - no HS kids. I wish it was different, but that’s our sandbox. Chief has done youth groups and knows that process.

It seems chief already has an in with Uconn doing this previously so hoping he gets me on board with who he worked with.

Glad to help - since your post is about FB tickets - let’s connect after the holiday.

If you want to do basketball we can connect earlier.

Reaction Score
And to be approved, it must be persuasive and well written. A good writer knows his or her audience and writes to be understood. Your "proposal" is neither. It's not my fault you labeled it incorrectly. This is a letter of intent.

Reaction Score
Chief and a friend will be proposing the following to the University soon and are willing to help implement ASAP.​
“We appreciate that there are junior college ( like our community colleges) players who are earnest about "getting an education", but the proper aim of their coursework is socializing them for functionality and competence in an adult world. UCONN needs to be able to accommodate these kids competently. Recruit them into a sure-thing degree path in Sports Management or Communications or General Studies or some such title, if they go the distance. UCONN made the decision to go Div 1. It bought into this reality. It needs a mature academic program for these kinds of transfers and freshmen. Our conscience would be clear - they would receive a tangible benefit for helping salvage a busted program. “​
"Sports Management or Communications or General Studies or some such title". Just what we need, more college students who graduate with useless degrees and can't get a job.

Reaction Score
Chief and a friend will be proposing the following to the University soon and are willing to help implement ASAP.​
“We appreciate that there are junior college ( like our community colleges) players who are earnest about "getting an education", but the proper aim of their coursework is socializing them for functionality and competence in an adult world. UCONN needs to be able to accommodate these kids competently. Recruit them into a sure-thing degree path in Sports Management or Communications or General Studies or some such title, if they go the distance. UCONN made the decision to go Div 1. It bought into this reality. It needs a mature academic program for these kinds of transfers and freshmen. Our conscience would be clear - they would receive a tangible benefit for helping salvage a busted program. “​
No attack chief, but UConn is very accountable when it comes to getting the players their education. The standards are a bit higher than some schools but kinesiology and communications are available just like most schools of our stature.
Recruit them into a sure-thing degree path in Sports Management or Communications or General Studies or some such title, if they go the distance. UCONN made the decision to go Div 1. It bought into this reality.
There is no sure-thing unless the student really wants more than football. Here's a few from the big boys that anyone can get here.
These Are The Most Popular Majors For Football Players In Each Power 5 Conference
Something going on at UConn you may have missed out on.
Current, Former UConn Football Players Connect at Career Fair - University of Connecticut Athletics

C

Chief00

No attack chief, but UConn is very accountable when it comes to getting the players their education. The standards are a bit higher than some schools but kinesiology and communications are available just like most schools of our stature.
Recruit them into a sure-thing degree path in Sports Management or Communications or General Studies or some such title, if they go the distance. UCONN made the decision to go Div 1. It bought into this reality.
There is no sure-thing unless the student really wants more than football. Here's a few from the big boys that anyone can get here.
These Are The Most Popular Majors For Football Players In Each Power 5 Conference
Something going on at UConn you may have missed out on.
Current, Former UConn Football Players Connect at Career Fair - University of Connecticut Athletics

I did not have these stats but we nailed it. Look at the SEC, many of the top majors were ones that I mentioned. The friend of mine had an Auburn background so this is all second nature to him. I am all for athletes getting a traditional education but we have a head coach saying our system is failing his recruiting as he loses recruits to other schools that have more diverse educational curriculum.

Reaction Score
Go big, or go home.

Close Burton, build a new dorm, cafeteria, training complex, and brothel in East Hartford right next to the Rent with a few classrooms that be used after class to watch game film or chill on XBox, and then bring in some some adjunct professors from UConn-Hartford. That takes away all of that annoying complexity when it comes to the university part of being a student-athlete. Just look at some of these places - The Residence on 10th at Ohio St, Donahue Hall at Auburn, and Headington Hall at Oklahoma (its actually used in Sooner football promotional videos), the Wildcat Coal Lodge at Kentucky (basketball - , Mr. Petino may note that Coach Cal tells everyone that no one gets in without the dorm 'Mom's' permission).

I wonder what Ray Allen & Co. would say about living in McMahon Hall back in the '90s?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Go big, o go home.

Close Burton, build a new dorm, cafeteria, training complex, and brothel in East Hartford right next to the Rent with a few classrooms that be used after class to watch game film or chill on XBox, and then bring in some some adjunct professors from UConn-Hartford. That takes away all of that annoying complexity when it comes to the university part of being a student-athlete. Just look at some of these places - The Residence on 10th at Ohio St, Donahue Hall at Auburn, and Headington Hall at Oklahoma (its actually used in Sooner football promotional videos), the Wildcat Coal Lodge at Kentucky (basketball - , Mr. Petino may note that Coach Cal tells everyone that no one gets in without the dorm 'Mom's' permission).

I wonder what Ray Allen & Co. would say about living in McMahon Hall back in the '90s?

That is sick. You have to think a 17 year old is impressed. Hell, I am. Awhile back the football board had a video about the Alabama football team center/ dining hall. I have seen country clubs not as nice.

Idk. If I am Jack or Jill student I might not appreciate it. Not that those $chools care.

Should that excess even be allowed?

Reaction Score
It amazes me that the school didn't figure this stuff out ten years ago. Herbst may well be a bright woman, but she completely whiffed on reading the situation she inherited. Idealism doesn't get you very far when you can't pay the bills. We were not BC or even Syracuse; we were a school on the bubble, without any meaningful football history to fall back on, that needed to push every last chip towards the middle in order to survive. Recruiting football players to UConn is hard enough without making it harder on ourselves.

In her defense, nobody knew that the ACC was going to bail on their academic standards to take a band-aid in Louisville. That she has not adapted at any point since that reality became evident is the real indictment.

Reaction Score
It amazes me that the school didn't figure this stuff out ten years ago. Herbst may well be a bright woman, but she completely whiffed on reading the situation she inherited. Idealism doesn't get you very far when you can't pay the bills. We were not BC or even Syracuse; we were a school on the bubble, without any meaningful football history to fall back on, that needed to push every last chip towards the middle in order to survive. Recruiting football players to UConn is hard enough without making it harder on ourselves.

In her defense, nobody knew that the ACC was going to bail on their academic standards to take a band-aid in Louisville. That she has not adapted at any point since that reality became evident is the real indictment.

I have never understood what it is we think we are relative to our aspirations as an FBS program. I understand what we want to be as an academic institution, but the fact is we do not have the resources, football history, or recruiting footprint to impose stringent and inflexible standards on prospective recruits. We can pretend we're Stanford University all we want, but it's not a realistic goal in our current situation.

If your goal is to fail then the best way to do that is to set unrealistic goals. Since Robby Frey's departure it's become more and more apparent that's the road we're headed down. It hurts to say this but barring a realignment miracle, someone needs to inject a dose of reality into our current policies or it's time to re-evaluate our participation at this level. Unless you're OK with losing millions every year to watch a losing team in an empty stadium. In that case all is well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And to be approved, it must be persuasive and well written. A good writer knows his or her audience and writes to be understood. Your "proposal" is neither. It's not my fault you labeled it incorrectly. This is a letter of intent.
No it's a frigging college football fan forum post. Why is this so emotionally important to you? Methinks Chief has a touched on an insecurity.
That is sick. You have to think a 17 year old is impressed. Hell, I am. Awhile back the football board had a video about the Alabama football team center/ dining hall. I have seen country clubs not as nice.

Idk. If I am Jack or Jill student I might not appreciate it. Not that those $chools care.

Should that excess even be allowed?
This is the shooting war we are faced with. P5 media money makes these kinds of efforts more doable. Now we did Werth mostly from donated funds, but it drained the well a bit. If schools want to keep up, then they have to be P5 and P5 are FBS schools. That's why it is critically important that we get football right. UConn's Athletic Department life as a big time school depends on it.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
No it's a frigging college football fan forum post. Why is this so emotionally important to you? Methinks Chief has a touched on an insecurity.

Ironically, Chief responds to any slight criticism with ad hominem attacks about people's offline living situations, among other things. Now that's insecurity right there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom