Prognosticators Tournament Game 8 (Stanford) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Tournament Game 8 (Stanford) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The last time the Women's Final Four was in Minneapolis was in 1995. The same two teams met in the Semi Finals and UConn won 87-60. Many of the experts had Stanford favored because of the close 4 point win that UConn had in the Elite Eight against Virginia. UConn had another four point win in the Elite Eight and also got over the jinx of not winning a tournament overtime game, they are now 1-5, of course the other losses were only one overtime period and not two.

I see this being a closer game than the one in 95, but I believe that UConn still gets to the Championship game. This team has gone through so much adversity this year and it has made the team stronger and closer than any UConn team that I can remember. Both Paige and Christyn have both said that they were shaken on what happened to Dorka and are playing for her. I see the pressure defense helps win and turns into easy transition points for the Huskies, UConn 82 - Stanford 72.

All predictions and any changes must be submitted by 9:30 ET April 1st. The winning team must be stated by either the team name or nickname, i.e.
UConn/Huskies or Stanford/Cardinal.
Any changes to the oringinal prediction must state that it replaces the previous prediction. If the change is properly submitted the requester will receive a "like" acknowledging the acceptance of the change.

Only Regular season qualifiers (you must have received at least one point during the regular season) will be added to the Tournament edition tally sheet. Attached is the Tournament Edition Rules and Scoring criteria. Good luck to all you Prognosticators out there.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System - Tournament Edition.pdf
    114 KB · Views: 130

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I am 0-4 in the post season contest.

I have done all of the analysis, read both the BY and The Card Board, etc.
Here is my expert selection

UConn 65
Stanford 80

The Tree will be dancing in Minnesota Friday Night
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
I think Stanford will have an OK offensive night. The question will be if UConn can convert. If we shoot 50% I think we win.
Uconn 75 - Stanford 72

sun

Reaction Score
UConn Huskies 78 - Stanford Cardinals 76

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This one will be a battle. I wish we had Dorka available. The Huskies will find a way.

UConn 65 - Stanford 61

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No matter how much a dog "does it's business" on a tree, that tree still continues to grow. And how can you bet against a color.

Cardinal wins 71-68. No overtime (so all the old folks on the BY can get to bed)

Reaction Score
Huskies 70-63. Tara has to decide whether to watch Paige put up 25+ or to double team her and open up the floor for Christyn, Azzi, Liv, Aaliyah, Nika and Evina. Stanford will struggle with Uconn's stifling D, and just won't be able to score with us. Finally, we will be playing with a 6th player-Dorka-on the floor for 40 minutes. Go Huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
I'm going to go w/my bracket picks this time:

Stanford 75
UConn 70

We. Are. Doomed.

That is all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads