Prognosticators Tournament Game 8 (Arizona) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Tournament Game 8 (Arizona) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
In my humble opinion UConn will finally get a breather of sorts in the Final Four, they might be able to let the bench play for a few minutes. I believe that Nika will get some minutes so she can get some FF tournament time for the Championship game. Geno will have the team ready for this and they get an extra day of rest then the teams playing tomorrow night. Arizona is not Baylor, but they will give their best to try and win, but I don't think their best will be good enough. UConn 97 - Arizona 59. All prognostications must be in 15 minutes prior to broadcast time. Again there were two predictions that were not permitted because they person did not state who the winning team was. The winning team must be stated along with your score. Attached is the Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System and good luck to everyone.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 98
Reaction Score
Uconn 77 - Kitties ((Uarizona) 60

The kitties do play excellent defense. In their four games the kitties have given up 44, 46, 59, 53.

The difference in this game will be Liv and AE.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ok, scored 3pts in the Iowa game and 2 points in the Baylor game so I am hot

UConn 79 AZ 66

AgStatesman

The Boards Most Rational Poster
Reaction Score
The best team in America with the best coach in America and almost four whole days to prep. UConn 20+ and everyone on the team gets to play in a Final Four. UConn 87 - Arizona 63.

Reaction Score
2020-21 Women's Basketball Cumulative Statistics - University of Arizona Athletics

Kitty's average 67 ppg on the season. They scored 54 and 48 in the two games against Stanford and 49 in their loss to UCLA.

So this would be an epic upset as well as a historic scoring output.

Tucson would party for the remainder of the year and erect a statue of Barnes and McDonald on A mountain and declare a statewide holiday and Republicans would join with Democrats in embraces throughout the state and Mark Kelly would propose a Senate resolution to rename the NCAA women's tournament McDonaldland.
A lower ranked team that UCONN is expected to beat? With a big time scorer? Sounds like Arkansas all over again.

Razorbacks, er, I mean Wildcats win 73-71.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Congrats to Zona for getting to the final four. Your reward is to play The Beast of the East.

UConn wins 85 - 61.

Reaction Score
This time of year it is never a good idea to take an opponent in the Final Four lightly. It is quite possible that with their style of play UA could muck up UConn's half court offense ala Texas/Maryland. However, if Arizona scored only 63 against Indiana, I don't think they will score more than 60 against UConn. I don't see the Huskies being held under 70 as Arizona doesn't appear to have the size of Baylor.

UConn 76, Arizona 58.

Reaction Score
Connecticut needs to be careful. Arizona is now in the final four. You don't get that far without being really, really good during the tournament. Heck, Texas is in the Elite Eight, but was unranked at the end of the regular season.

We will be coming off a major high from this desperate game against Baylor. There's a risk of underestimating Arizona. They're not tall. They weren't a top-rated team. Must avoid overlooking them....

82- 70 UConn

Reaction Score
Arizona has some offensive weapons, but UConn too much for Arizona. UConn 84 - Zona 68

Reaction Score
Too many times during past tournaments I said to myself UCONN can beat either team, only to run into a tough team. This could be that tough team, a team which will come out playing inspired basketball. However, I think not this time with UCONN playing with the way they are playing. My only advice to our favorite girls, focus on this game, not the next game.

UCONN 81 - 69

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom