Prognosticators Tournament Game 2 (Marquette) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Tournament Game 2 (Marquette) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
While UConn won big against Georgetown, Marquette demolished the 4th seed DePaul 105-85 with every starter scoring double figures. Yes UConn has beaten the Golden Eagles twice this season first 72-58 @Marquette with only 6 players then with 69-38 at home with 10 players, but neither of those wins had Paige playing. UConn is now starting to play like many people thought they were supposed to have been playing before the injuries and no Paige.

They will have a challenge tomorrow because it's harder to beat someone three times in a season. This may be UConn's toughest game in the BE Tournament, the Golden Eagles showed that they can play hard nosed basketball and score a lot of points while doing it. Geno will make sure that the team is not looking past this game to the Championship game on Monday. This game will be closer than the Georgetown game, but UConn will move on to play for the Big East Tournament title. UConn 93 - Marquette 68. All predictions and any changes must be submitted by 3:00 PM Eastern with at least the winning team being named. Any submitted changes must state that it is replacing the previous prediction, a "like" will be given to any accepted change. You must have at least scored a point in the regular season to eligible for the Tournament edition. To see if you are eligible for tournament play the list is attached to the Tournament Game 1 Winners thread. Attached is the Tournament Rules and Scoring criteria. Good Luck to all eligible prognosticators.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System - Tournament Edition.pdf
    114 KB · Views: 114
Reaction Score
Marquette will slow the game down as much as they can, but to no avail.

UConn 79-51

Reaction Score
It depends how UConn starts, but I'm planning for a fast start, which will result in a higher margin of victory. I think Marquette's success today will give them more confidence in their offense, so we won't hold them under 40 this game.
UConn 86 Marquette 48.

Reaction Score
I was at the games today. Neither of these teams play any kind of defense. None. Run and shoot.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So let’s see. Marquette scored 105 pts today against DePaul. A couple weeks ago vs UConn they scored 38 pts.

UConn 74 - Marquette 40

Reaction Score
I'm glad Marquette won as they are the more predictable of the two teams.............I expect them to slow things down and hope like heck UConn isn't hitting their threes........UConn should be attempting to get the ball inside drawing fouls from Van Kleunen and Karlen and covering McLaughlin they're only legit three point shooter like a blanket...........UConn 87-74.............and no injuries please!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom