Prognosticator's Predictions Tournament Game 3 Georgetown vs UConn | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Tournament Game 3 Georgetown vs UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
For those that are new to the game and others that have forgotten it is requested that discussions other than prognostications of the game should be posted on other threads that your discussion pertains to. If you wish to prognosticate with your prediction that is okay if you post your score. The winner/s will be posted soon after the game’s completion.

It’s the Big East Championship game and the unlikely team playing UConn for the Championship is Georgetown who won the rugby scrum against Creighton 55-46. The Hoyas were 19-9 and 9-9 during the regular season. They went 5 and 5 in their last 10 Big East regular season games. Their 5 wins are 4 at home against DePaul 44-42, Providence 54-44, St. John’s 51-43 and Butler 70-63 and a road win at Xavier 66-46. Their last 5 losses are at St. Johns 56-57, at Seton Hall 54-71, at Marquette 38-52, vs Villanova 47-62 and at UConn 44-85. Massey SoS is #84, average in Conference play 57.1 points a game, 35.4 rebounds, 13.1 assists, 5.6 steals, 3.9 blocks, 15.9 turnovers, 39.7 FG%, 68.5 FT%, and have a 32.8 3pt%. Their best win was today’s game against Creighton and worst loss was against Brown. Offensively they are ranked 204th while defensively they are ranked 30th vs UConn being ranked 4th in both offense and defense.

Georgetown has 10 upperclassman, 7 SR's and 3 JR's, with 2 SO and a FR, so they are an experienced team. The Hoyas have won three tough and physical games in three days during Tournament play, Xavier 62-40, St. John’s 53-44, and today’s game against Creighton. They may have lost their Big East 6th women of the year award winner due to what looked like a severe knee injury. They are a physical team and the refs have been letting teams play very physical so far in the Tournament, hopefully with all of the injuries the Big East will be tighter in the physicality of play.

All predictions and any changes must be submitted by 6:45 P.M. Eastern on game day, any submitted after the cut-off will not be accepted.

• The winner must be named, either UConn/Huskies or Georgetown/Hoyas. No predictions like "85-55 the good guys", will be accepted if there isn't a winner stated.
  • If prior to closing, you wish to change your prediction you must submit a new prediction by stating that you wish to change your previous prediction and provide the post number of the original post. If the request for change is submitted prior to the closing of accepted predictions, you will receive a "like" letting you know that it was accepted and changed.
  • If someone believes that they have been missed, or someone notices that another fellow Prognosticator has been by the gamekeeper, then it must be brought to the gamekeeper's attention within 24 hours of the posting of the winner(s) game thread.
  • In both regular season games UConn put 80+ points against the Hoyas. Without Edwards I don’t see them scoring that many. If UConn plays like they did today they will put up at least 65 points and that will be enough to win. UConn 72 - Georgetown 50.
Attached is a copy of the Prognosticator's Predictions Rule and Scoring System -Tournament Edition criteria, please read it so that you are familiar with the game rules. Good Luck to all you Prognosticator's out there and have some fun.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System - Tournament Edition.pdf
    115.5 KB · Views: 32

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’m a little worried about this game, not because I don’t think UConn is a much better team, even without Aaliyah. Georgetown is a big, physical team that fouls a lot. I’m worried that the Huskies will get into a “foul fest” and, even worse, someone else might be injured.

Nevertheless, the Huskies win this one 62 - 44.

Reaction Score
UCONN 64
GTown 45

This game has me worried. I watched parts of GTowns last 2 games in the Tournament... they were rugby scrums, rock fights, maybe even a street fight...and the Referees at the Tournament have let them play. I am not concerned about UCONN losing the game, but potentially losing a player or more and causing trouble for the NCAA T.
SORRY MSGRET for the additional comments.

Reaction Score
Can lighting strike twice? I think so

UConn 64 Georgetown 52

Reaction Score
This is the 3rd game in a row with our ladies having logged a lot of minutes. Here s hoping that none of our players get injured with Georgetown s brand of play.
UConn 61-49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak