Prognosticator's Predictions Game 5 vs UCLA @Cayman Island Classic | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 5 vs UCLA @Cayman Island Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There must be a reason UCLA is ranked so high, and they will be pumped (as most teams are when they play UConn). UConn does not seem to be able to play well on the road. Because UConn seems to start very slow with Caroline starting (and I expect Geno to start her) UConn will get in a hole and work hard to get out of it, but end up falling short.
UCLA 72 UConn 69

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I recently rewatched the Uconn v Stanford game with Gabby, Kia, KLS, Pheesa and Chrystal. That was a beautiful offense. Uconn was flying up and down the court at incredible pace. This team isn't that. Sad to say:
UCLA 80 UConn 64.

Reaction Score
I realized I did the math wrong so I need to make a change to my original prediction.

UConn - 72
UCLA - 67

MOV 5

Reaction Score
Well with no Azzi,,, not sure what to expect from Caroline and Aubrey. Where will the points come from. Pencil in at least twenty each from Paige and AE and maybe ten from the freshmen but who else. I am going with

UCLA-73,,,,UCONN-68

Hope I am wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
Key to this game will be twofold: (1) keeping Edwards out of foul trouble, which might necessitate having DeBarry come on to guard Betts; and (2) strong defensive effort for a full 40 minutes (or more). I'm thinking a tight game throughout.

UConn - 68
UCLA - 63

Reaction Score
UCONN 81 - UCLA 76; MoV 5 pts. With two days of knowing AZZI will not be in the starting lineup, the UCONN women show their resilence in the 4th quarter after being behind much of the first half and hold on for the win after lighting it up about half-way through the third quarter.

A win is a win regardless of the physicality of the game. Winning on Friday will be beautiful, even if the game is not so pretty... :cool:

Reaction Score
Some tight spreads there, both directions. Couple of pessimistic fans.

I think the team will step-up and play an outstanding game.

UConn. 79
UCLA. 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member