Prognosticator's Predictions Game 14 @Creighton | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Predictions Game 14 @Creighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Creighton is a Senior laden team with 6 of their 11 players being Senior's. The other 5 players consists of 2 Sophomores and 3 Freshman. This team has 2 losses, one at home against unranked Green Bay 65-53 and the other @Marquette 76-70. If UConn plays Creighton like they did against Marquette they will win going away. The Bluejays only average 75 points a game and the way UConn has played over the last 5 NCAA games they will not score enough points to keep up with UConn. The Huskies are averaging 87 points a game while only allowing 63 points. This is against 3 Top 25 teams with Marquette a team that beat Creighton being the latest victim. Creighton is not a tall team and has five players that are 6'1", two are SR starters and the other three are FR who average a little over a total of 10 minutes a game.

Creighton is another team that has no true center, their starting 5 consists of 5 Senior's. Their starting forwards are 6'1" Emma Ronsiek who averages 33.4 min, 18.6 pts, 5.7 rbds. and 2.2 ast, Morgan Maly who is 6'1" averages 29 min, 14.7 pts, 6.1 rbds and 2.5 ast. and Mallory Brake who averages 23.1 min, 4.5 pts, 5.7 rbds and 2.2 ast. Their guards are Lauren Jensen is 5'10" who averages 33.8 min, 17 pts, 4.2 rbds and 3.7 asts. and Molly Morgensen is 5'7" who averages 29.9 min, 7.7 pts, 4.3 rbds and 3.7 asts. The starters have played in all 12 games averaging 62.5 points out of the teams 75 points per game average. Their last game was at home against St John's the Bluejays won it 67 - 56.

• All predictions and any changes must be submitted by 6:45 P.M. Eastern on game day, any submitted after the cut-off will not be accepted.
  • The winner must be named, either UConn/Huskies or Creighton/Bluejays. No predictions like "85-55 the good guys", will be accepted if there isn't a winner stated.
  • If prior to closing you wish to change your prediction you must submit a new prediction by stating that you wish to change your previous prediction and provide the post number of the original post. If the request for change is submitted prior to the closing of accepted predictions you will receive a "like" letting you know that it was accepted and changed.
  • If someone believes that they have been missed, or someone notices that another fellow Prognosticator has been by the gamekeeper, then it must be brought to the gamekeeper's attention within 24 hours of the posting of the winner(s) game thread.
  • I see a UConn having some problems with the Golden Eagles, but at the end they will wear them down and walk away with a conference win. UConn 88 - Creighton 65.
Attached is a copy of the Prognosticator's Predictions Rule and Scoring System criteria, please read it so that you are familiar with the game rules. Good Luck to all you Prognosticator's out there, have some fun and Happy New Year.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System.pdf
    112.9 KB · Views: 53
Reaction Score
Creighton is playing at home , they will be fired up to beat the Huskies. If they have a hot shooting nite I expect a closer game . the other big factor will be if the refs call a lot of fouls.
UConn 84-67

Reaction Score
UConn 81 - Creighton 68

At home this would be a blowout like Marquette, but so far this year UConn looks like they don't travel very well and they have to travel to the farthest reaches of the BE. This game might be a little closer than what you would expect. Aaliyah should have another big game.

Reaction Score
Creighton throws up a lot of shots. For some reason, most teams seem to have their best 3-point shooting nights against UConn, so expect game to be closer than you would normally think.
UConn wins 82-65

Reaction Score
Uconn is coming into who they will be for the rest of their schedule and since Marquette beat them and we beat Marquette, I see no problem, especially with the way the defense is playing, so

Uconn 85 Creighton 60.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Last season we played them in their house and they had a very flat night. Their shots weren’t falling and they didn’t have their usual hustle. It wasn’t a close game. I don’t expect Flanery to allow that to happen two years in a row and the memory of it will be a good motivational tool. I also wonder if Geno will be able to get the same level of energy out of the huskies that they showed against Marquette.

UConn 87 — Creighton 64

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Creighton starts 5 seniors and just about everyone on their roster can knock down 3’s. Aaliyah & Aubrey should clean up inside and then there’s Paige.

UConn 87 - Creighton 64

Reaction Score
Quick turnaround and on the road, so will probably be a tougher game.

UConn 84 - Creighton 65

Reaction Score
IT sure seems like we've been seeing the same Creighton players forever. Anyway, they are an experienced and well-coached team and UConn has not had the best road record. And while I'd love to think that UConn could continue to play at the level they showed for most of the last game, I'm not sure they will. SO UConn wins, but not by the margin they should.,
UConn 79
Creighton 70

Reaction Score
UConn wins 82-68 for a MOV of 14. Note: consider my prediction before placing yours. I am never right so the real MOV is likely to be either 7 or 28.

Reaction Score
Ronsiek and Maly are fun to watch... but....
Uconn 85
Creighton 62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member