Prognosticators Game 9 (DePaul) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 9 (DePaul) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Well this Monday it's Geno against Doug once again, these two buddies have been seeing each other annually from the beginning of time. Doug has almost always been a run and gun type of coach and he continues it so far these season. Unfortunately he DOESN'T have all of the players he needs for the continuous run and gun that he is used to. Against Norte Dame he only went six deep through most of the game and only two other players played 5 minutes each. The last 3 meetings between UConn and DePaul he did wholesale swap outs almost every 5 minutes and they still couldn't come close to beating UConn. With that being said, DePaul has no one over 6-2 on their team, Norte Dame out rebounded them 42 - 36. With Ono, Meg, and Griffin, I believe that DePaul will be lucky if they get as many second shot chances as they did with Norte Dame. UConn can run with DePaul more than ND did and will be able to play in the post on offense and defend the basket on drives more than ND. Even if Kyla does not play UConn should have no problems against Doug and his DePaul team. Even though DePaul has a tune-up game Saturday against Alabama State, Geno will ensure that the Huskies are ready for Monday's game on FS1, UConn 97 - DePaul 74. No predictions will be accepted after 7:50 PM Eastern or 3:50 PM Pacific, and good luck to all of the Prognosticators.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This Depaul team is fun to watch, but UConn will dominate the boards against the smaller Blue Demons and it will be a layup drill for the Huskies once they break the press .

UConn wins 103-74

Reaction Score
Huskies will be rusty after exams, and Geno will not let the MOV get too big.

UConn 87 – DePaul 71

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN's 3-point defense has been pretty porous all season, but DePaul is a team that can absolutely light you up, so hoping they will miss as a defense is not a good option. I think with DePaul's lack of size, UCONN will try to spread out the defense a bit and come out more on 3-point shooters with the hope that Olivia will stay out of foul trouble by patrolling the paint.

We know that UCONN can score. Given that DePaul likes a quick pace, I'd expect a high scoring game. ND hung tough without having a real 3-point presence in that game. I think UCONN could put up over 100, but Geno won't allow that as long as we have a good lead and the outcome is not in doubt...

UCONN 91
DePaul 72

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Oh boy, after a week of exams, UCONN will be mentally exhausted. 8 days since last game, they will be rusty. Traveling to Chicago, DePaul is getting hot from the 3. Too much for UCONN this time.

Blue Demons 92-85.

Reaction Score
Massey's Ratings has UConn ranked #1 overall. Massey's gives UConn a 72% chance of earning the road win. I thought the percentage would be a bit higher.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UCONN's 3-point defense has been pretty porous all season, but DePaul is a team that can absolutely light you up, so hoping they will miss as a defense is not a good option. I think with DePaul's lack of size, UCONN will try to spread out the defense a bit and come out more on 3-point shooters with the hope that Olivia will stay out of foul trouble by patrolling the paint.

We know that UCONN can score. Given that DePaul likes a quick pace, I'd expect a high scoring game. ND hung tough without having a real 3-point presence in that game. I think UCONN could put up over 100, but Geno won't allow that as long as we have a good lead and the outcome is not in doubt...

UCONN 91
DePaul 72
This idea that UConn’s 3-pt defense is not very good seems to have taken hold. As information, so far this season UConn opponents are 53/189 from the arc, or 28%. That’s not very good. If DePaul shoots 28% from the arc, the Blue Demons will lose by 30+.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
84-76 DePaul. Turnovers kill us. Liv foul trouble, Christyn cold from outside. Crystal step slow still recovering, Megan AA performance not enough help to win it. Everyone else non factor struggle to do the fundamentals.

DePaul turns us over, shoots and makeseemingly everything. Students rush the floor.

Just got that feeling...Maya Freshmen year game all over except we don’t win in the end..

Silverlining, coming through January the team makes a huge improvement in defensive and offensive execution and on court composure,they develop an edge to their game on the court...

Hope team ups it’s toughness...

Reaction Score
84-76 DePaul. Turnovers kill us. Liv foul trouble, Christyn cold from outside. Crystal step slow still recovering, Megan AA performance not enough help to win it. Everyone else non factor struggle to do the fundamentals.

DePaul turns us over, shoots and makeseemingly everything. Students rush the floor.

Just got that feeling...Maya Freshmen year game all over except we don’t win in the end..
Worst case scenario above. Don't see that happening. The sky will not be falling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom