Prognosticators Game 8 (Seton Hall) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 8 (Seton Hall) Predictions

Reaction Score
103-47. Park-Lane will be held to under 20, likely under 15. Some of those points will go to AEH but most just go. Everyone scores in this one and Paige gets over 25 points finally doing what Geno wants. CW will be engaged.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
UCONN 92-49 Maybe I'll finally get within a 5 point spread.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UConn 91 Seton Hall 58. UConn's team defense does a better job containing Lauren Park-Lane who scored 29 points in the first matchup. UConn holds her to under 20 points.

Reaction Score
Thank the Big East for getting UConn a game after the Xavier postponement. The Seton Hall rematch will not be as close as UConn's Big East opener. It was UConn's second game of the season and everyone was still in the get to know you phase. This game will be a one sided affair. I believe that Nika and Griff will have the duties of guarding Park-Lane and she won't come close to the 29 points that she had in the first game. Also the Husky offense is much better than what it was in the opener, everyone knows what Paige can do, plus both Anna and Evina will have a much better game then the one at the Hall. I predict that all 11 players get time on the floor and both Nika and Autumn will score their first UConn points. UConn 104 - Seton Hall 59. All predictions must be in by 4:20 EST or 1:20 PST. Attached is the Prognosticators Scoring criteria, good luck to all you Prognosticator's.
Not sure anyone can guard Park-Lane. Nika plays a lot like Molly Bent. All hustle and excellent defense. Probably a better passer and ball handler, but with the same fear of the basket. Like taking a shot is a violation of team chemistry. Its as if taking a shot is greedy and self-centered, designed only to pad one's individual statistics. She passes up open shots for assists...just as Molly did. And, so far, she has not converted any of the few shots she has taken. But I am sure she is more than what she has shown. I hope so anyway. Anyone have tapes from Croatia?

Reaction Score
Massey says UCONN 82 Seton Hall 54....

BUT I just don't feel that to be right... UCONN has been scoring more than Massey has predicted for many/most of the games this year and the opponents less...in many/most of the games....

SO... I'm going with:
UCONN 94
Seton Hall 49

A little "mirror image" kind of thing... I haven't gotten any points yet, so maybe this is the game!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Last game UConn won 92-65. Huskies will score a little more and Seton Hall a little less.
UCONN wins 98- 59.

Reaction Score
Ok......Guessing game to be UConn 92 - Seton Hall 58. I am optimistic that this will be a break out game for Nika Muhl and she will score 10 points. I hope. UConn shooting percentage hopefully will be 54 per cent. Oh...well.

Reaction Score
UCONN 99, Seton Hall 71, in the Battle of Former Ossining Players (and of course a Former UCONN Player), UCONN takes this one with Nika scoring her first points of the year as well as Autumn getting some points as well. (AEH goes for 16 Points where AG gets 13 Points in this match up - PS - Geno just waives to AEH at the end of the game)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Cannot see the final score, things are fuzzy in these times of covid and quarantine. I agree with the OP and others on a good margin of victory for UConn. I do have a vision though, ;)

I see a well played game for a period and UConn wearing The Hall down with so much depth and then as the game winds down it is time. CD gets in Genos ear to call time out to get Autumn in the game.
With the point of the finger Autumn jumps up and taking a Paige out of DT's book, runs in front of the bench and while passing grabs CD's clip board, hands it to Geno and says take notes. :D
Enjoy the game all it's so nice to have one!
Nika gets off the bench and gets her first points of the season. UConn 91-Seton Hall 62

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe a little scouting from their 77-71 loss to Villanoa

Park-Lane continued her early-season tear with 27 points along with Desiree Elmore’s 15 and Espinoza-Hunter’s 10. These three alone unfortunately could not negate Villanova’s near-50% shooting percentage and +13 rebound differential.

“We collapsed defensively, and we looked for Lauren Park-Lane to bail us out every second,” head coach Anthony Bozzella said. “This is a joke. We have to play a lot better and we have to play a lot more together. We’re not sharing the ball, we’re not playing together. 10 assists we had, they had 21. That’s terrible.”

It is time for the Pirates to rely on a lot more than just their sophomore guard to drop over 20 points per game in order to get them over the hump and be a competitive team in Big East play. If they cannot find other sources of production, it will be a long year for the Pirates.
AEH and defense have never gone together so not surprising.....

Reaction Score
I believe that AEH is playing for Seton Hall now. It will be interesting to see how she does against UConn. I don 't think she will do enough - UConn 92-52.
Yes indeed, she had 23 tonight (7-11 on 3s) against Butler.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom