Prognosticators Game 8 -Notre Dame- Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 8 -Notre Dame- Predictions

Reaction Score
92-76, Huskies prevail despite lots of foul trouble. Remember, this is ND...

Reaction Score
Against an expected tight 2/3 zone, ONO needs to play well, producing enough on offense herself to continue to draw a double and passing to find the open corner shooter(s), ONO , etc., defensive rebounding also the key to getting transition opportunities before 2/3 set up. ONO and Aubrey offensive rebounds also 2/3 zone beaters. Rare game this year where opponent has less depth than Uconn so ND foul trouble on the road could be an issue. ND would need to score > 70 points to be competitive - don't know if they can do that. 82 - 68 Uconn

Reaction Score
CW and CD have monster games after MM allowed last year's physical abuse of these players. I see CW going back on defense and staring down MM continuously after big buckets.

Huskies win 90 to 75.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
UConn beats Irish 81-55

A rumor has it that #33 might be in the house this weekend.
This girl gets around. Thursday night at a HS game in So Cal, Saturday morning at a UConn practice in Storrs

#14 and No Bun?

Reaction Score
This girl gets around. Thursday night at a HS game in So Cal, Saturday morning at a UConn practice in Storrs

#14 and No Bun?

I see Crystal in the video. So she is OK to play Sunday?
Yes, Anna does look like Katie Lou...

Reaction Score
Floppers get ONO into early foul trouble, meaning major minutes for Aubrey.
Big mistake - Aubrey goes off.
UConn 83-59

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It’s not a question of who wins (UConn 82-70) but how many stupid and disrespectful comments will MM make in the postgame presser...my guess is 3. :rolleyes:

BTW where is @meyers7 smarty pants prediction so I can keep posting my :mad: at it and keep our mojo going?;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
MM has rallied her team twice to beat ranked opponents (Michigan and USF). Gotta give the devil her due and be ready for a well-prepared Irish team that plays above their heads on Sunday. Gonna be a tough battle, all the way.

UConn 75 ND 71

Seton Hall got up for us. You have to believe MM's troops will also have something to prove. Put Griffin in Sammy's face, everybody keep moving their feet and don't let the ball touch the floor.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I must admit that I’m s little surprised that some posters believe this game might come down to the final minutes, and this inexperienced ND team can hang with the Huskies for 4 quarters. I’ve been following ND since the beginning of the season. I’ve examined the box score of every game. This is not your father’s traditional ND team. This team will not hit 13 3’s tomorrow.

They lost 4 games in November, and one to Minnesota on Dec 4. This 5-5 team is not that good. They may keep it close for the opening minutes, but UConn will begin to gradually pull away..............unless UConn comes out hard and fast and puts them in a 20+ point hole in the first quarter. Liv needs to announce/establish her dominance from the tip, and stay on the floor.

UConn will be the best team they’ve played to this point. The highest ranked team they’ve played is #16 Michigan State. They lost that one 72-69.

UConn will have several things in their favor tomorrow. Home court (Gampel), crowd energy, the students are still on campus, a more experienced roster, and a more experienced bench, riding a 7 game win streak (momentum).

I’m going to go Dennis Green here. They are who we think they are, only we’re not letting them off the hook. We’re going to play UConn basketball, protect our house, keep our home win streak alive, and play like we’re on national TV.

UConn May lose a home game this year, but it won’t be to a rebuilding ND team. I also don’t look for Muffet to go deep into her bench.

UConn 83
ND 57

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I like j66kicker's final score. May be a tad high, but I'll go wih him. I still wonder how MM managed to put ND so far in the hole.

Hi Rocky, nice to have you back. You were missed.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Since this is not a National Semifinal game, I give the edge—and a victory—to UConn, 74-69.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom