Prognosticators Game 7 (Seton Hall) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 7 (Seton Hall) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The young ladies of UConn will have been off for nine days when they meet Seton Hall. Hopefully they will be in better shape then they were against Dayton. I believe that Liv will be a beast in the paint and that Crystal Dangerfield will play as well as Anna. With both Crystal Dangerfield and Anna on the floor the ball should find itself in the hands of Meg and Liv in the post and CW, Anna, and Crystal Dangerfield on the perimeter when the Pirates collapse their defense in the paint. The bench should get some more playing time and hopefully they improve on their play from the Dayton game, not saying that it was bad. I believe that the Pirates will give UConn very little trouble and the game should be a good win, with very little rust from the layoff. Geno will insure that they are not looking past the Pirates with Norte Dame on Sunday. With all that said it's UConn 85 - Seton Hall 64. Predictions will not be accepted after 6:20 PM Eastern or 3:20 PM Pacific Game day 12/5. Good luck to everyone and enjoy the game on Fox Sports One.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Assuming Crystal and Anna are both fully healthy, it should not be a close game. Either UCONN will come out gangbusters, or they will be rusty from the long layoff. I suspect the former but we will see. They lost to Princeton (go Carla!!!), Lehigh, and Georgia Tech. They beat our common foe Vandy by 4.

I fully expect this to be a 25-30 point win. The game is being played at SHU, but it's not far away. SHU has scored over 70 only 3 times, once in their loss to Princeton (78-76). Our defense is simply not elite this year, especially beyond the arc, but they are averaging 21 3-point shots per game, making only 6+ (30.4%). I can't imagine other opponents have significantly better 3-point defense than UCONN does currently so... let's hope they don't go off and hit 12-24 or something!

UCONN 82
SHU 54

Reaction Score
I'm going to do my best to see this one in person....................SH is a feisty bunch...................they have two pretty good transfers in Elmore and Lewis, balanced scoring from their starting five and a couple of Ossining recruits too...................shouldn't be close but my usual mantra holds.....................get the win, hopefully nobody gets injured and get back home on the bus safely...........

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
90 that's right I am saying 90 for the Lady Husky's of UConn
60 for the Pirates of Seton Hall. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m going to assume that Crystal & Anna will be healthy for the game.

Huskies win 90 - 52

I was thinking the same thing. I'll assume also.............UConn wins 79 - 54

Reaction Score
Assuming Crystal and Anna are both fully healthy, it should not be a close game. Either UCONN will come out gangbusters, or they will be rusty from the long layoff. I suspect the former but we will see. They lost to Princeton (go Carla!!!), Lehigh, and Georgia Tech. They beat our common foe Vandy by 4.

I fully expect this to be a 25-30 point win. The game is being played at SHU, but it's not far away. SHU has scored over 70 only 3 times, once in their loss to Princeton (78-76). Our defense is simply not elite this year, especially beyond the arc, but they are averaging 21 3-point shots per game, making only 6+ (30.4%). I can't imagine other opponents have significantly better 3-point defense than UCONN does currently so... let's hope they don't go off and hit 12-24 or something!

UCONN 82
SHU 54
I disagree that our defense is "not elite" bcuz of two important reasons:
1) we can now play our opponents tighter since suddenly we have a bench and need not be [as] concerned about fouling.
2) we can play our opponents tighter since Liv has "got our back" with her extraordinary shot-blocking!
Hopefully, we never have to play zone [again] this season and Aubrey can spell Liv as a backup shot-blocker.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn 93 Hall 48

I do expect a little rust and I do expect A Big Mak attack. She will come alive.

Reaction Score
UConn 78, Seton Hall 48.

Anna may have issues with her shot or driving depending on how she is able to push off on her injured ankle. Seton Hall is size challenged with their tallest player at 6'-2" so Liv should be able to get the ball in the low post fairly easily. Should be a good game to work on her shot around the basket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom