Prognosticators Game 7 (ND) [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 7 (ND) [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Gabby has to be careful about charges. Muffet said preseason that without a rim protector ND's interior defense would need to draw more charges.

Williams also has to be careful with silly reach fouls 60 feet away from the basket. It is the one thing about her game that drives me crazy. I know she is just trying to make a play, but she is just too damn important to this team to risk foul trouble over dumb fouls.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby has to be careful about charges. Muffet said preseason that without a rim protector ND's interior defense would need to draw more charges.
I think she and Pheesa have gotten better about that this year. Gabby got called for at least one against Nevada, but it was the wrong call, IMO.

Gabby does get emotional at times. She needs to keep things in check.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
A week ago, if asked who wins ND vs UConn, I would have said UConn by 20+ points. Now, I 'm not so sure who will win. Based on Talent UConn should win by 20+ points. Based on how ND has played in their last two games and the inconsistent quarters the Starters have played in multiple games, the game could be close. Another question is how will KLS play, if she does. Will we see the KLS back at 100%? Will Geno have a quick hook if she's not 100%? How will Arike play for ND? Will Arike be able to take over the game and put her team on her back and score 30+ points? Looking forward to the game and expect UConn to play four consistently good quarters.

UConn 75 ND 67.

Wondering if Geno, wouldn't mind if the team lost this game, to really get their attention.

Reaction Score
The nerves are going full force, it has the making of being a long night. Team is going to have a few short break downs adjusting to KLS coming back, but UConn will bonce back fast and get in the flow. Being home will make up for it. Fouls have to be kept at the minimum. After the smoke clears UConn 83 - ND 75. If the 3s are falling for us UConn 92 - ND 70

Reaction Score
So many unknowns on this one going in. I think UConn wins, but the question is by how many? A couple of things to consider.

I suspect ND will go at Azure with multiple people to try to get her into foul trouble and will try to do to her what they did a A'ja Wilson in the first half of the ND South Carolina game.

How effective can Lou be after her layoff? At the very least ND will have to account for her. I think Kia's shooting remains on form.

I think we match up well with Notre Dame and I seriously doubt the ladies will have any trouble focusing on this game. They will have a few days for Geno style preparation while also having some time for a little normalcy and R&R back home.

After all of this rumination, I think the MOV will be 18 points. Huskies 86 and the Leprechauns 68.

Reaction Score
Here’s a bold prediction. Dangerfield goes for 22 and Walker Uconn Ranger shows up in crunch time as her legacy begins ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Probably be the best team UCONN has played so far this year. I don't believe UCONN has ever beaten ND on 12/3. So history is not on our side. Unfortunately UCONN will only be up by 6 after 3 quarters. And of course UCONN will be out scored in the 4th. ND breaks UCONN's home winning streak. 73-68.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
UConn couldn't keep up the overwhelming domination of the past. Teams may be sneaking up on them so don't look for the same results. Notre Dame is a tough team. This game will not be played in an abattoir.

UConn 98
Notre Dame 10

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Michigan has no answer for Arike Ogunbowale as No. 3 Irish cruise to victory.

ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Muffet McGraw noticed some signs of fatigue after Notre Dame won a tournament in Florida last weekend.
The Irish still had enough energy to get past Michigan — and set up a matchup of unbeatens this weekend against No. 1 Connecticut.
Arike Ogunbowale scored 20 of her 32 points in the first half, and No. 3 Notre Dame beat No. 22 Michigan 83-63 on Wednesday night.
The Irish were coming off a victory Sunday over South Carolina that capped a three-wins-in-three-days stretch at the Gulf Coast Showcase.

Story

Reaction Score
Gunna be a little more serious here , Huskies 82 , Irish 71, run em out of the gym!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There’s some uncertainty about this game, not over who wins, but by what margin. If Lou is back and ready to go ND will be forced to chase her around the perimeter allowing Z & Pheesa to have a field day in the post.

I’m going to be optimistic. With Lou back, the Huskies win 88-65

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn 85 ND 62

With or without Lou and Camara its all UConn. ND (Nothin Doing) aint gonna happen. UConns defense knows what to do and they will collapse on ND. I expect Hartford to be Rockin.

Boneyard meeting for all of you who would like to put a face to the screen name will meet before the game and at HalfTime by the Trumbull St exit. Hope to see everybody there and we can exchange thoughts about the game and recruits.

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I have UConn 75-54.

Reaction Score
Wow, you guys don't think ND can score?
I'm going 85 - 70, our gals.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yesterday, Arike Ogunbowale had a field day against the Wolverines and dropped 32 on them. She won't have that kind of success Sunday. Either gabby or Kia will guard her. ND will score, just not enough to win.

UConn 88 - ND 76

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
UConn 82-68....might be close in the first half but UCONN goes on a 3rd quarter run and extends the lead to 20+. ND closes the margin in garbage time.

Reaction Score
Probably be the best team UCONN has played so far this year. I don't believe UCONN has ever beaten ND on 12/3. So history is not on our side. Unfortunately UCONN will only be up by 6 after 3 quarters. And of course UCONN will be out scored in the 4th. ND breaks UCONN's home winning streak. 73-68.
Proud of you - you are the yin to the rest of us yangs. Now that Mojo has been placated, I can enjoy watching the UConn win

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom