Prognosticators Game 26 (UCF) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 26 (UCF) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Last game of the season at Gampel, so it's Senior Night. This will be the first time that I can remember that all of the starters will be Seniors, it may have happened before, but I have never seen it. Why they have the final game of the season at the XL Center and not Gampel is beyond me. This may be the toughest team in the AAC that UConn plays against. If the refs let UCF get away with all of the illegal screens and physical play it could be a very lonnnnnnngggg night. The team will show up and keep the Conference unbeaten streak going. UConn 72 - UCF 57. The Scoring Criteria is attached. There are only 4 games left to qualify for the Prognosticators Tournament edition. All prognostications must be in by 12:55 PM Eastern or 9:55 AM Pacific game day. Good Luck to all you Prognosticators out there.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Scoring Criteria.pdf
    8.2 KB · Views: 123

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
66-51. UCF throws every body part at us but Crystal comes through in a big way on Senior Day.

Reaction Score
Here’s hoping someone posts senior day activities for those of us without SNY. UConn 75-49

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Senior Day at Gampel is always bittersweet. Assuming Geno starts all 5? seniors vs UCF, I hope they hold their own until the cavalry shows up.

As for the game itself, I’m certainly not expecting a high scoring affair. Owing to UConn’s true identity this season as a ferocious defensive team, this game will be a little ugly at times.

Huskies win 61-46

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not sure if Geno can start all 5 seniors against a recently hot UCF team. Although having our "physical presence" of Evelyn, Batouly and Kyla would be a nice hockey type match up against the VERY physical nature of Coach Abe's squad. Put Aubrey on KayKay Wright to stymie what little offense UCF has...

UConn 60
UCF 46

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not sure if Geno can start all 5 seniors against a recently hot UCF team. Although having our "physical presence" of Evelyn, Batouly and Kyla would be a nice hockey type match up against the VERY physical nature of Coach Abe's squad. Put Aubrey on KayKay Wright to stymie what little offense UCF has...

UConn 60
UCF 46

If I was Geno, I would split the seniors up between first and second half starts (Batouly + Evelyn in second half when we hopefully have a decent lead) It does not honor them if they are put in all together at the start of the game if they are not ready for it. Especially when we are suffering from bad starts to begin with. This game is very serious. Losing our first AAC game on senior day would be very painful in many ways.

Reaction Score
This one will be a grind with UCF's style of play unless the Huskies can get fast break points off of the defensive effort. UConn 75, UCF 52.

Hopefully the five starting seniors can hold the fort to the first media time out.

Reaction Score
I think that Geno sticks with the script and starts all the seniors but they will be on a very, very short leash. Also, the defense is showing greater improvment with each game as is the passing. Uconn dribbles out the last twenty seconds in a 67-54 victory.

Reaction Score
UConn wins 78-59. ONO draws multiple fouls early and UCF runs out of big bodies by Third Quarter.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Saw UCF earlier when they played USF. Outside of Wright, who in the second half destroyed USF, and Kaba. the Knights are inconsistent in scoring. They still have their defense but it did not seem to be as physical as in past years.

Given the history of UConn/ UCF since Katie Abrahamson's arrival, UConn wins 68 - 56.

Geno sticks will the Senior Game tradition of starting the seniors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom