Prognosticators Game 23 (SC) Predictions | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 23 (SC) Predictions

Reaction Score
If this game plays to form it will probably be something like South Carolina 74 - UCONN 67.

But I have no idea how the actual game will play out. I think South Carolina should win at home vs this UCONN team, but it would hardly be much of a surprise if they didn't.

Looking forward to watching it. I actually would not mind if it this one came down to the last few possession as I want to see South Carolina in that position another time.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
If it goes to OT South Carolina would win. Can't remember the last time UConn won an OT game.

2003 vs. Tennessee

Statistically, it should happen again soon, right?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'll wave to you from section 118 in my UConn long sleeve. I hope there won't be too much heckling.

---

I predicted UConn wins against Oregon and Baylor, and we all know how that one ended.

SC 71
UConn 65

Hopefully I'm very wrong.
Welcome to Columbia; the game will be sold out; only 130 tickets were remaining at 11:30 this morning.

Reaction Score
I typed in So.Carolina75 Uconn 65 and my computer made an angry sound and started smokin'. I switched it to Uconn 75 and So.Carolina 65 and and both the angry sound and the smoke went away.Now i hope some angry Huskies make this final score come true.

Reaction Score
In a strange way I think that bad home loss to Oregon may take some of the pressure off. I think everyone plays a little looser and they show well, but SC has the edge this year. SC 77 UConn 72.

Reaction Score
IMO - SC should win, they are #1. I have only seen SC a couple of times, not 20 games. Harris makes the team go. Control Harris. KHH is a nice player, but to me she is not a game changer. She has height, but I think Anna could guard her. Hopefully, Boston and ONO cancel each other out. Dawn can bring more height in with Grisset (sp), but again not a game changer. Like Louisville with Evans, I think Saxton for SC can change the game. So my biggest worries are Harris and Saxton.

UCONN 67 - SC 67 OT Winner ????

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I thought UConn had a chance until I read the ESPN article. The WWL tells us UConn can't win a game like this without Paige Bueckers. Wait until next year.

Reaction Score
UCONN wins 80 to 77 if all stay out of foul trouble. Let have constant movement, passing and cutting. I just love our back door cuts! Let’s get 10 tonight! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
SC 72 UConn 68. Can't lose. If SC wins I have the right pick. If UConn wins I get to smile big time. Here's hoping I lose with a big smile on my face.

Reaction Score
Based on the other two games against the top 5, I'd have to go with SC winning.
SC wins it 80-56

I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
If Dawn dusts off a zone defense, the movement tends to stagnate.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If Dawn dusts off a zone defense, the movement tends to stagnate.

Lol I hope she does, just to throw a wrench in there because Geno definitely has his tricks ready for us as usual.. but we've played a zone literally once this year so I'm not holding my breath. We'll see.

Reaction Score
I think Boston put ups a 30-15 double-double tonight. A screaming crowd of 18K will also influence the refs.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Prediction: UCONN 73 vs SC 68

Scorers for SC:

Herbert Harrigan...13....10
Harris.........................10....19
Boston.......................15....13
Cooke........................12....15
Beal..............................4.......5
Henderson.................8......6
Saxton.........................3.......0
Grissett.......................3.......2

AAGH! got that one wrong :(

SC performed as expected; UCONN didn't.

So, we lost by 18. Big deal. The big concern going in was a perceived height disadvantage; well, scratch that as both teams had 40 rebounds. Totally unexpected was the two points from Williams and zero points from Makurat. A combined 4 points from two positions, tells the story. Those 2 positions contributing as they surely will (down the road) and we win the game.

SC won't improve measurably this year; whereas, UCONN will. I'm totally expecting Williams, Makurat and Griffin to come good.

Anyway, I still see a final four team.

Reaction Score
AAGH! got that one wrong :(

SC performed as expected; UCONN didn't.

So, we lost by 18. Big deal. The big concern going in was a perceived height disadvantage; well, scratch that as both teams had 40 rebounds. Totally unexpected was the two points from Williams and zero points from Makurat. A combined 4 points from two positions, tells the story. Those 2 positions contributing as they surely will (down the road) and we win the game.

SC won't improve measurably this year; whereas, UCONN will. I'm totally expecting Williams, Makurat and Griffin to come good.

Anyway, I still see a final four team.

So SC’s young players won’t improve but UConn’s will.....?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom