Prognosticators Game 22 (Memphis) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 22 (Memphis) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Who do we get this game the precision UConn team or the out of order UConn team. I believe that this will be the precision UConn team, with all 5 cylinders firing. The only questions are does Mak start and how big will the MOV be. I say Geno still has her coming off the bench for at least two more games and the MOV will be 30 points. UConn 92 - Memphis 62. All predictions must be in by 6:55 Eastern or 3:55 Pacific. Good luck to all Prognosticators and the scoring criteria sheet is attached.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Scoring Criteria.pdf
    8.2 KB · Views: 139
Reaction Score
Team will try to prove that they can score. UConn 89 - Memphis 53

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Last two times UConn total points were with a "5" tag(50 something points) they cruised with 90+ points.
Dont see that many, this time.
Memphis 54
UConn 84

Memphis just lost to ECU a couple of games ago. How could that be after losing to UConn by 12 a few weeks ago?

Reaction Score
Honestly? I have no idea. Memphis seemed to give UConn a tough game, yet they get beat by bottom conference teams. I think UConn wins this one but who knows by how much. My best guess is UConn 78-60.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As the Huskies learned a few weeks ago, the Tigers can put up a fight. But they are much tougher at home than on the road. Huskies win this one 75 - 53.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am angry and I want to beat my dog err tiger...
UConn 93
Go fetch my shoes and get whacked by the newspaper tigers 57

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The most troubling thing I've seen this year is the lack of motion and ball movement on a consistent basis on offense. Geno has said he's been unable to get the team to move on offense, and it's especially mystifying given he has hall of fame coacheS (ie. more than 1) on his staff, and a senior PG who should be better able to get the offense to run efficiently. Oh, and it's not like any of his other starters are freshmen.

I'll give Aubrey and Anna a bit of a pass since they are freshmen, although Anna seems to be the most astute on offense - surprising maturity for a freshman. But there's no excuse for Olivia, Megan and Christyn (and to a lesser degree, Kyla).

Add to that - we have no idea what Christyn is going to give us night in and night out on offense.

Having said all that, I think we all knew this was going to be a rebuilding year. Being a top 8 team is not a bad thing given what we lose at the end of the season, and the embarrassment of riches we get next season.

Still, this is the prediction thread for the Memphis game. I went thru the lack of motion on offense because it's one major reason (IMHO) that our offense does not run at a high level. So what will we see the next game? I don't think that magically the team will suddenly start clicking on offense. This game should be a 30+ point blowout. i'm going to be a bit more conservative...

UCONN 78
Memphis 54

Reaction Score
Right On Eric LA! Troubling to me as well.
The upperclassmen on this team need to come together like now! and play Team Ball.
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t.
If I have one wish come true for the rest of the season ALL the gals would move, pass and
cut constantly. No standing around and pass the ball to the open player! Play Team Ball and they will make the final four! Love UCONN!

UCONN 88
MEMPHIS 57

Reaction Score
Will any of the other available bigs for UConn get any significant playing time? It would be nice to get them more game ready as we will need them in tournament against the top squads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom