Prognosticators Game 21 (DePaul) Predictions | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 21 (DePaul) Predictions

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Well UConn loses it's first Conference game since 3/12/2013 against Notre Dame in the Big East Conference final. Although they weren't missing 3 starters in that game like they were against Villanova. The streak was 169 conference games, a NCAA basketball record, both the men's and women's. Now can UConn keep it's back to back losses record, which I believe it hasn't happened since sometime in 1993.

DePaul is coming to Gampel on Friday night and if both Caroline Ducharme and ONO are sitting like they did tonight, the record has a good chance of falling. I will hold off on predicting a winner until it is known if they will be playing or not. All predictions and any changes must be submitted by 7:00 PM Eastern 2/11/22. The winner must be named by either the team name or mascot, i.e. UConn or Huskies. Attached is the Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System criteria. Currently there are only 7 scheduled games left to qualify for the Prognosticators Tournament edition. Good Luck to all you Prognosticators out there.

Attachments

• Prognosticators Predictions Rules and Scoring System.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 126

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm going to wait to see who we have available. Based on tonight's lineup, my first guess is 90-75, DePaul.

Reaction Score
Hoping both Caroline and Olivia can play- if they do, and we still have Azzi and Christyn, those 4 are pretty darn good! Let Dorka rest or get treatment for what is ailing her, I like Aaliyah paired with Liv anyway. Nika is very uneven this season, maybe she'll have a good game Friday, at least she can ensure the other guards get some rest. If either Aaliyah or Liv start to get into foul trouble, assuming Dorka is not playing, then give some minutes to DeBerry. If we can get these bodies back on the court, we should be able to beat Depaul- I'm going with UConn 76, Depaul 68

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the rule is that if we don’t have 7 we don’t play. I think we’ll have at least 7.
Right, but that 7 includes Amari and Piath, who don't get PT in competitive games.

Reaction Score
For those sitting on the fence waiting to see who plays, Caroline Doty.0 said in the postgame that she didn't know Liv was out until the player introductions. So, I'm going my best guess now. In the past they have come out with blood in their eyes following a loss.

UConn 79 - 68

Reaction Score
I'm going to wait to see who we have available. Based on tonight's lineup, my first guess is 90-75, DePaul.
Did Azzi score 29 points the last game against DePaul? Anyone know if Caroline has been practicing since the head injury?

Reaction Score
Aaliyah knocks Morrow down 4 times and manages to foul out in first half. Luckily we are running on 3-1/2 cylinders today. Just enough! UConn 79-72

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
This is a tough one, so I am assuming Liv is playing, and also Caroline.
80-75, UConn

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After 5 losses and a couple of scary wins, I need to be realistic. We have too many players out, and the ones who are playing are in combinations that are unfamiliar to them. We had bad quarters against South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Oregon, DePaul, Creighton, and Villanova, at least. This is not currently an elite team. After each bad game, I think we have hit rock bottom. I'm afraid that we haven't done that yet. Doug is a good coach, and his team plays hard. I expect we will be out-shot, out-rebounded, and out-hustled. Azzi may score 30+, but we will lose badly. DePaul wins by 85-70. Ugh!

Reaction Score
After 5 losses and a couple of scary wins, I need to be realistic. We have too many players out, and the ones who are playing are in combinations that are unfamiliar to them. We had bad quarters against South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Oregon, DePaul, Creighton, and Villanova, at least. This is not currently an elite team. After each bad game, I think we have hit rock bottom. I'm afraid that we haven't done that yet. Doug is a good coach, and his team plays hard. I expect we will be out-shot, out-rebounded, and out-hustled. Azzi may score 30+, but we will lose badly. DePaul wins by 85-70. Ugh!
Just my opinion but I think you’re out of your mind. DePaul is easy to defend, just let Morrow get her points, and clamp down on the other four. UConn 64-55. If both Caroline and Ono play, then it’s an even easier win for Geno.

sun

Reaction Score
UConn Huskies 77 - DePaul Blue Demons 73

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104