Prognosticators Game 20 (Villanova) Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 20 (Villanova) Predictions

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Best wins are a 4 point victory over Oregon State (12/12/21) and a 10 point win over Creighton (1/23/22)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
No score predictions here, we'll most likely win

We all enjoyed the UTenn game, I did too
But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

if Caroline comes back, yet another lineup?
Christyn and even Azzi, were hardly a house of fire in the first half
Can we count on Aaliyah to play a nearly flawless game again? Be nice.

There 's still tinkering, even backsliding possible.
Let's not get over-hyped so if one of the next games is a stinker
We shouldn't be so hyped that we all go nuts.

I don't want my emotions to whip-lash back and forth
On this board, you can't tell people what to do, I won't even advise.
But the kids need patience while they find their ultimate modus.

Reaction Score
UCONN wins 85 - 51; MOV 34 pts. Hopefully all are available for warmups, and PB looks smooth in moving at 3/4 speed and both Azzi and Caroline are lighting it up from beyond the arc, and all of the women have solid games - "firing on all cylinders" kind of game as tournament time is getting near....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some pros and cons. Villanova is very good when Siegrist plays. She is on a hot streak, though those games were against the weakest teams in the conference. Christyn shut down Siegrist in March, but Maddie is motivated and should be a much better player now. Though Villanova likes to shoot the 3-ball, they are an anemic .297 from distance. Don't be overconfident in the euphoria after the Tennessee game. UConn by 76-64. I'm hoping it's 90-50, but being cautious in calling for a fairly close game. I expect to see a mixture of the recent improved play and some slippage back to sloppiness.

sun

Reaction Score
UConn Huskies 82 - Villanova Wildcats 55 MOV - 27

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I see some are trying to temper their recent spike in enthusiasm and expectations. I won't. I have no idea what the final score will be but I know what it NEEDS to be if we can truly say UConn is on an arc to a Final Four (14th consecutive?). Something like 84 to 59 UConn would work for me.

This needs to be a dominating performance by all the key players. No exceptions. We need to keep Maddie under wraps... a hallmark of all the really good UConn teams in the past has been the ability to contain the opponents best player. That has been absent more often than not this season.

Reaction Score
Well its back to league play and the next victim is the Wildcats of Villanova. They've played two ranked teams Maryland, losing 88-67 and Oregon State who was #23 at the time they played, but fell out the next week because of their loss to the Wildcats 56-52. Villanova has Maddy Siegrest who averages 25.7 points and 9.5 rebounds a game, and have two others that average double figures in scoring. The team averages 65 pts, 35 rbds, 16 asts, 8 stls and 13 T/Os a game, shoots almost 30% in 3 points shots, with 6 players averaging 29% or higher.

With all that said, if UConn plays like they have the last 6 quarters, the Wildcats don't have a chance in H--L of winning. After the beating the Huskies gave the ORANGE without Caroline, just think what it will be like with both Azzi and Caroline in the line up. If the Cats go out to guard the perimeter the Huskies go inside, if the Cats pack it in, the rock goes out to the sharpshooters.

Last year the Huskies played the Cats twice, @Nova and the Big East Semi-Final. They won 90-52 on 12/22 with Siegrest scoring 15 pts and the team shooting 29% and 28% from 3's. In the Semi-Final UConn demolished the Cats 84-39 on 3/7, holding Siegrest to 3 pts and the team shooting 25% and 18% in 3's. I believe that the team is actually better than last years team even without Paige and is jelling at the right time. The Huskies continue to improve and build on it's take-down of that team from Knoxville and serve notice to the rest of the Big East that everyone else is playing for Second Place.

UConn 95 - Villanova 58. All predictions and any changes must be submitted by 7:00 PM Eastern. The prediction must have the winner identified by name and any submitted changes must state it is a change to the original prediction. When a change is submitted a like will be given to the requester so it is known that the request has been accepted. Good Luck to all you prognosticators out there and remember that there are only 8 scheduled games left to qualify for the Prognosticators Prediction Tournament edition. Attached is the Prognosticators Preditions Rules and Scoring criteria.
87 - 53

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Serve, great job of teeing up the game for us. This should be a good outing for us. Villa nova will give us a game, but UConn will prevail in the end. Too much height and fire power. This game should be decided after the 3rd quarter. UConn 86 - Villanova 59

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some pros and cons. Villanova is very good when Siegrist plays. She is on a hot streak, though those games were against the weakest teams in the conference. Christyn shut down Siegrist in March, but Maddie is motivated and should be a much better player now. Though Villanova likes to shoot the 3-ball, they are an anemic .297 from distance. Don't be overconfident in the euphoria after the Tennessee game. UConn by 76-64. I'm hoping it's 90-50, but being cautious in calling for a fairly close game. I expect to see a mixture of the recent improved play and some slippage back to sloppiness.
I had concerns. They were more than warranted. How did Villanova shoot so much above their season average (other than FTs)?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom